Options

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr Popo wrote: »
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Anybody got the Certified Ethical Hacker certified? If so, how was the exam? You have any study material?

That stuff I posted had a ceh study guide for it

Can you post it again?

I think it's still in here just a few pages back it's mediafire link cbt nuggets ccna vids and bunch of miscellaneous it books
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seems like I need to learn SQL too any of yall good with that

I'm pretty good with it.... You have to learn the concepts behind relational databases first before you can truly become strong at SQL.. PM me if you need me to go into further detail.. @Bcotton5
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »

I'm pretty good with it.... You have to learn the concepts behind relational databases first before you can truly become strong at SQL.. PM me if you need me to go into further detail.. @Bcotton5

Lol I'll hit you up after I finish my ccna, I feel like I'm trying to do too much at once right now
  • Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Has anyone setup their own Linux cloud server?
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options

@Bcotton5

If u can learn Microsoft Access then SQL will be nothing, use it as a template

Ill check my old emails to see if i still have the books, I know i have the Oracle 10g or 11g Part 2 : DBA

• Bcotton5
    Options
    Let's goooo! Got my CCNA ,ICND2 was cake 986 out of 1000

@KillaCham @Thereal_ba @King Erauno @John_Blazini

07iy0emoqk8g.jpg
  • Bcotton5
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @Thereal_ba @Qiv_Qwan

This app had the questions and answers word for word lmao only 99 cents on Google play store. I would've passed without it though ? was cake

cv6rgrzue0h8.png
  • Qiv_Owan
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @Bcotton5 if u want that book pm me ur email

Congrats on the ccna....ima finally go for my icnd1 soon, i wanna go for 2 but ive only used server 2008 and not packet tracer

• King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    anybody here up on vmware? especially NSX??
  • Bcotton5
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    @Bcotton5 if u want that book pm me ur email

Congrats on the ccna....ima finally go for my icnd1 soon, i wanna go for 2 but ive only used server 2008 and not packet tracer

ok , I dropped links in this thread for both packet tracer and gns3 with a cisco ios image if you want to learn it

that web site and app i posted literally has icnd1 answers. i got the same questions word for word when i took it

just started a coursera python course from university of michigan . also got some ccnp study material and python cbt nuggets videos off torrents lol
  • Bcotton5
    edited June 2016
    Options
    BTW, take the ACE exam. its free and you can take it online. that would be a plus too

thats for anybody wanting to get into the network security field

yo Im researching this right now and I see they offer a 3 day course to prepare for it. do you know if that course is free ? im looking at this

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/content/dam/pan/en_US/assets/pdf/datasheets/education/PANW 201.pdf

Also do they have a packet tracer type of emulator for PA? I want to play around with it and get some hands on stuff to learn it.

Also just applied for Cisco's Global Cyber Security Scholarship program, hope I get it.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    ? damn I just stumbled across this link they have the answers for TONS of cert exams. I can say the ICND2 one is totally legit its the exact same ones from that app I used. Ill probably use this for security+ too lol.

Be careful with the brain dumping you actually still wanna know how to do this stuff

http://www.dumps4shared.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/
  • Qiv_Owan
    Options
    I sent the email @Bcotton5

Hell that cert might be in ur dump too lol

• King Erauno
    Options
    BTW, take the ACE exam. its free and you can take it online. that would be a plus too

thats for anybody wanting to get into the network security field

yo Im researching this right now and I see they offer a 3 day course to prepare for it. do you know if that course is free ? im looking at this

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/content/dam/pan/en_US/assets/pdf/datasheets/education/PANW 201.pdf

Also do they have a packet tracer type of emulator for PA? I want to play around with it and get some hands on stuff to learn it.

Also just applied for Cisco's Global Cyber Security Scholarship program, hope I get it.

i dont think the course is free...if its in person. the same course they offer online..its free. i think its the essentials course
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Thereal_ba @Qiv_Qwan

This app had the questions and answers word for word lmao only 99 cents on Google play store. I would've passed without it though ? was cake

cv6rgrzue0h8.png

Good looking out Downloading it now.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo really I havent seen anyone drop it but check EDX and coursera. They are legit sites for learning. I am finishing up a microsoft course. It has free labs and everything.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    Yo really I havent seen anyone drop it but check EDX and coursera. They are legit sites for learning. I am finishing up a microsoft course. It has free labs and everything.

I'm in the coursera python course right now
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Damn, Detroit Lions called me about an IT internship set the interview up and everything. Wish me luck.

It's one of them interviews where I get interviewed by 3 people at once. I hate those types ? always throw me off.
  • King Erauno
    Options
    Damn, Detroit Lions called me about an IT internship set the interview up and everything. Wish me luck.

It's one of them interviews where I get interviewed by 3 people at once. I hate those types ? always throw me off.

just look at it as a regular convo with ya boys. ask them questions, ive always found it easier to interview with someone/group if i approached it very casually. Yes its for a job but 70% of the interviews look at to see if you can get along well with them and the team. the rest is if you know what youre doing... especially in IT.

? that ?
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options

It's all good. Sometimes you will learn if you even want to be around them on a daily basis when interviews are that way.

I've interviewed people and know a lot of people who've interviewed people.

If you've gotten your foot in the door to interview, likely your resume already qualified your foundation of knowledge in their eyes.

After that 3 main things matter.
    1. Your potential to learn what they have going on
    2. How well your personality meshes with theirs
    3. What you know/your foundation of knowledge

This is the way it usually goes unless they are desperate and filling a void for a critical on going project.

If you are a quick witted person and it's obvious you have the potential to, most people will feel you can "pick things up" as you go. It's usually how it goes anyway because you can't know everything and every place has its own spin on things.

Internships can be good. I know a girl who interned at Apple and got hired on and a couple of programmers who interned at Cisco, got hired on fresh out of college, and are doing some really good things there too.
  • Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    @Thereal_ba @Qiv_Qwan

cv6rgrzue0h8.png

Good looking out Downloading it now.

just look at it as a regular convo with ya boys. ask them questions, ive always found it easier to interview with someone/group if i approached it very casually. Yes its for a job but 70% of the interviews look at to see if you can get along well with them and the team. the rest is if you know what youre doing... especially in IT.

? that ?

This. Handle it like a regular convo with plenty eye contact. I had a 5 person panel interview for a networking position and treated it like a regular conversation with each individual and even shot questions back at them about each of their departments. I got the job but ended up turning it down because my current job promoted me when they heard I was going to quit. Just make sure you on your ? and ask plenty of questions.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Options
    @Bcotton5 whats the details on the job and howd that ? go
  • Bcotton5
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Anybody got the Certified Ethical Hacker certified? If so, how was the exam? You have any study material?

That stuff I posted had a ceh study guide for it

Can you post it again?

my bad i thought i posted it apparently it was @king_sorrow @Mr Popo

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j1g6igzd7izlt0k/AABaq53vIqZ9wfpzXzV2SYj6a?dl=0
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    @Bcotton5 whats the details on the job and howd that ? go

interview next week ill let you know
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thereal_ba wrote: »
    Has anyone setup their own Linux cloud server?

Yes, what do you need to know?