? of War 4- Norse Mythology

Options

Comments

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PILL_COSBY wrote: »
    LOL they need to put this to bed. It should have never went passed 2. Always ? up greatness by milking series. This reminds me of that move series "taken". They just had to make a part 3 after part 2 gave us closure.

? of war isn't bad its been about 4 years since the last one. if you want to talk about milking franchises then i'd like to discuss assassins creed, or call of duty because those franchises continues to beat a dead horse.

Think he saying the quality is diminishing so best not to milk so it won't tarnish the series

true but we still don't know how this will turn out and like I said at leat ? of war doesn't release a new game every year.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    I wonder how he ends up battling Norse gods?

idk if its about Kratos, I thought it would be a new main
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL they need to put this to bed. It should have never went passed 2. Always ? up greatness by milking series. This reminds me of that move series "taken". They just had to make a part 3 after part 2 gave us closure.

? of war isn't bad its been about 4 years since the last one. if you want to talk about milking franchises then i'd like to discuss assassins creed, or call of duty because those franchises continues to beat a dead horse.

Think he saying the quality is diminishing so best not to milk so it won't tarnish the series

Oh ? , somebody actually using their damn brains!!! Is this really happening on the new I.C????????
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The quality hasn't diminished so he needs to shut the ? up the last g.o w was great.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

The quality hasn't diminished so he needs to shut the ? up the last g.o w was great.

Not sure bout that ascension
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Aint ascension or whatever the last gow free on ps plus? I gotta check my dl list i never played it
  • Phantom Pain
    Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ascension felt rushed, honestly I think they rushed GoW3 just to push the PS3's graphics processor to its limits.

I'm banking that 4 will be like a return of its dominance.
  • vagrant-718
    Options
    Ascension felt rushed, honestly I think they rushed GoW3 just to push the PS3's graphics processor to its limits.

I'm banking that 4 will be like a return of its dominance.

If the director for 2 comes back then yeah
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I tried to get into Ascension, didn't ? with it.

I was bored an hour in so I hope they add new gameplay elements with 4 to mix it up. I enjoy the simplicity of it but an overhaul to the combat system would be great.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

LOL 2 was the best, I think most fans will agree.

AND IT'S STILL ? A JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well I'm confident with Cory Barlog being back on board that this game is in good hands.

He posted this on Playstation's blog yesterday.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/13/first-look-santa-monica-studios-new-? -of-war-on-ps4/

Everything, everywhere changes.
    Change is an essential part of life. In creative development change is often the explosive spark that transforms good enough into truly memorable.
    Several years ago we at Santa Monica Studio began the journey of creating a new ? of War. All of us recognized a special honor and responsibility to create a different and better and truly more memorable experience than before. I realized early on that we had to make changes in every aspect of the game.

I knew I didn’t want to simply reboot the franchise, starting over with a retelling of the origin story. I wanted to reimagine the gameplay, give players a fresh perspective and a new tactile experience while delving deeper into the emotional journey of Kratos to explore the compelling drama that unfolds when an immortal demigod makes a decision to change.
    For Kratos, this change means breaking the cycle of violence, distrust and deception that his family, the Greek pantheon, perpetuated for so long. That cycle drove a whole host of bad decisions – the ill-fated deal with Ares, the murder of his family and a rage fueled descent into madness and vengeance that ultimately ended with the epic destruction of Olympus.

It also means learning how to control his rage, the intensely turbulent monster that lives within him, steering him down ever-darker paths. Kratos needed to figure out how to put the monster back in the box, how to control when he does and does not let that monster out.
    Kratos’ rage has provoked a ton of bad decisions in his life, so I was fascinated to see what would happen if he actually made a good one. What would that look like? How would he struggle with this very difficult and unfamiliar road? And more importantly, why would he do this?

The last question was answered in my own life with the birth of my son, a tremendously transformative event that had me thinking about all kinds of change in life. It is hard for human beings to truly change, but one thing that can really motivate us is the thought of being responsible for a life, and especially the life of our child. The weight of that responsibility drives the instinct to protect, to want to prevent the mistakes of our past being delivered upon them. There is no end to the lengths we will go, no adversity we will not overcome, to be better… for them.
    Once the decision to change was made, things got really interesting for Kratos and for all of us here at SMS. The road to creating a new ? of War is a seemingly endless climb up an impossibly enormous mountain, filled with countless gut-wrenching failures and joyfully sweet successes.

Change is hard, but through it all we persevere, getting back up each time we are knocked down and celebrating each breakthrough, knowing that this journey ends in the realization of a collective vision – a great change in something we all hold very dear – a chance for us all to be better.
    This playable gameplay teaser is an early first glimpse at the new beginning for ? of War. We are so very eager to show you more as the game continues to take shape.

Cory
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They done outdid themselves with this ?
    http://youtu.be/CJ_GCPaKywg

I might get it, but still not happy they went wit the Norse mythology over the Egyptian.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Damm just watched it , it's basically the last of us 2
  • vagrant-718
    Options
    Look more like skyrim to me
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I might get it, but still not happy they went wit the Norse mythology over the Egyptian.

Come on, fam. You know good and ? well if it's 2016 and we still getting Gods of Egypt movies with all white casts, there's no way in Hell Kratos is boxing the Egyptian Pantheon. He'll be on this Norse ? , then Celtic, and probably ? and Satan before he ever boxes an Isis or Ra.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks dope af.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I swear most people chose Kratos in the 'Best Black Characters in Gaming' thread.
  • Phantom Pain
    Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    COULD HAVE BEEN SET IN EGYPT

Sony unveiled a new ? of War during its E3 2016 press conference. And as rumored, the game draws inspiration from Norse mythology. However, Sony Santa Monica once considered a focus on Egyptian mythology for the game.

"Half the team was way into that," Sony Santa Monica creative director Cory Barlog said during a round-table interview, as reported by Eurogamer. "Egyptian mythology is about the pharaohs as embodiment of the gods on earth and there's a lot more about civilization."

He continued: "It's less isolated, less barren." Because of that, the team chose to move away from that idea and towards the Norse setting, as they wanted the focus to stay on Kratos. "Having too much around distracts from that central theme of a stranger in a strange place," Barlog said.

Speaking to IGN, Barlog said ? of War "is about Kratos teaching his son how to be a ? , and his son teaching Kratos how to be human again."

Sony Santa Monica's E3 ? of War demo showcased a quieter, more character-driven game, but Barlog assured players the game would have ? of War's signature spectacle. The studio wanted to focus on surprising fans with the unexpected demo.

No release window has been announced for ? of War.
  • vagrant-718
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Maybe I need to play gow3 again but I thought kratos killed himself at the end
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »

Come on, fam. You know good and ? well if it's 2016 and we still getting Gods of Egypt movies with all white casts, there's no way in Hell Kratos is boxing the Egyptian Pantheon. He'll be on this Norse ? , then Celtic, and probably ? and Satan before he ever boxes an Isis or Ra.

Damn that.

Egyptian mythology has always been one where no one really touched on. That s*** would've been dope.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe I need to play gow3 again but I thought kratos killed himself at the end

He did. But an after credits scene implied he got up and walked away
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My ? finna face Thor and ?

Can't wait