Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Lucy was the ? my ? ..

Honeymooners>>> Lucy

Vitametavegamin>>>>>>>>>anything from that racist CAC show
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Women don't have to be funny though. If I couldn't buss a joke in school I wouldn't have got any female love whatsoever

All I ask from women now is that they can give and go. After I say funny ? , take the ball and pass it back. I hate these 'lol' ? , I need more to work with
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blacktux wrote: »
    Females dont have to be funny to ? somethin...
    Women aren't funny and only women tend to find funny women funny. You kno' your girl might have a friend she thinks is hilarious. You meet her and she's just a sarcastic ?

This and this... Women in general just don't have to develop that part of their personality
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now that I think about it, the majority of the females that I would consider "funny" are lesbians, comedian or otherwise

Which would make sense since they probably used humor to pull other females
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Wanda Sykes my favorite female comedian.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    I like Mindy Kaling though she funny
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    U couldn't pay me to watch the new Ghostbusters, ? that

Only if I was getting some play afterwards.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    Tbh I think Patrice is the GOAT and I'm willing to defend that statement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10WgFK0YQhI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXR1Z4sk3DU

Or just watch the whole ?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK98XzEM97Y

Him & Chappelle, probably the two that can have me crying laughing through the whole special
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How come women suck ? b?

I have no problem with this.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I honestly can't think of a female comedian that's funny but females are funny in movies. Stand up is hard to do, I don't like 99% of ? that do stand up as it is.

Women's basketball should get more love, not because I like it or anything but because our daughters need athletic role models too. Not just Venus and Serena Williams either.

The problem is sports is still male dominated and there's little interest in watching females play sports or funding it or marketing it.

It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. "Nobody watches girls _____" so we won't talk about it or report on it or market it then surprise nobody watches it.
  • FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lunelle is very funny
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I honestly can't think of a female comedian that's funny but females are funny in movies. Stand up is hard to do, I don't like 99% of ? that do stand up as it is.

Women's basketball should get more love, not because I like it or anything but because our daughters need athletic role models too. Not just Venus and Serena Williams either.

The problem is sports is still male dominated and there's little interest in watching females play sports or funding it or marketing it.

It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. "Nobody watches girls _____" so we won't talk about it or report on it or market it then surprise nobody watches it.

About the sports, its gonna be difficult for the women to catch up in terms of quality because any girl who's sporty is probably gonna be the best at whatever sport she plays at her school. To be the best player in school, you had to be better than 700 or so boys who have all played ball everyday of their lives.

• LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wanda Sykes my favorite female comedian.

Drink Maaaaan!
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    How come there never been a female comedian on par with Eddie, Cosby, Pryor, Chappelle, Mack, and Rock.

I'd say not even on the Level of a Patrice Oneal. There's been some good comedic female actors. But no stage comedians.

How come there's never been a female rapper on par with Nas,Jay, Big, and Pac?

How come there hasn't been a female that takes over the WNBA the way jordan, Kobe, Bron, and Shaq did?

How come the biggest female athlete out is on a sport nobody watches?

How come women suck ? b?

MC Lyte was real big when she first came out.

If you say that she still never reached the level of Big, Jay, etc., that may have more to do with the biases in hip hop than with her talents.

Right now Rapsody is one of the best MCs (of any sex) out, but she doesn't get the recognition she deserves.

By "biggest female athlete" I assume you're referring to Serena. But is it really true that nobody watches tennis?
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    When it comes to newer female comedians (and by that I mean ones post the year 2000), I feel like there's this...impasse I guess...where they try to be as ? and sexual as possible to try to sound more "real" and to convince men that they're cool. There's only a handful of female comedians I think are genuinely funny and have an actual craft that they try to hone. It's hard to make me laugh anyway (with stand up ? ), but I'll ? with you more if you provide some poignant, introspective takes on the world...make me think pretty much. I don't find a lot of women do that.

The ironic part tho is that when I listen to podcasts and radio shows, I almost exclusively listen to shows with all women or at least one female voice. Male stand up comedians is pretty much all I watch, but I won't listen to them for everyday ? lol.
  • jniam
    jniam Members Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MECCA1000 wrote: »
    Serena Williams would probably give some dudes that work on the tennis courts ...... but what dude who has practiced and played his whole life would want to hold that L

maybe a charity match a dude would step up and say it was for charity that he lost lol

I'd fo sho go a few rounds with her off the tennis court tho ......

Yea but Serena aint seeing Nadal on Clay. She's getting beat by Federrer in straight sets. Djokovic would obliterate her.
  • jniam
    jniam Members Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Different expectations and incentives.

Men are incentivized to be great to get pretty ladies.

Women are incentivized to be pretty to get with great men.

That's it in a nutshell.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Women aren't funny and only women tend to find funny women funny. You kno' your girl might have a friend she thinks is hilarious. You meet her and she's just a sarcastic ?
    It's funny because if you go on POF,okCupid,etc the first thing females say in they description is they are sarcastic.

• AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think i told this story before, but i remember back in High School when EVERYBODY in baton rouge was talking about this girl in middle school who could dunk

that girl was Semone Augustus

She was playing a game at the middle school my sister went to and i went to go get my sister from inside and happened to catch some of the game

This girl was the truth, but that was because she had ALWAYS played against/with boys in the summer. So i see her pick this chicks pocket at half court, go down court and as she is gathering, the entire gym stands up, and she dunks the ball. I aint talking about that struggle ? you saw Brittany Griner or Lisa Leslie do back in the day. She legit, cocked it back and dunked that ? like LeBron does.

Got to LSU, and while she was still great, she had to alter her game to play within their system which i think ultimately stunted her ability. How in the world did they go to 4 straight final fours and not win a single one will forever be mind boggling.

But as far as female comedians go...they just arent that funny to me. Melissa McCartney, etc...I just dont get the appeal.