The 2016 NBA Offseason Thread

Options

Comments

• ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Last few pages got me in ? tears..you all nigs are str8 comedy!! lol!!
  • IgboNegro
    IgboNegro Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    I don't think Wade is going to leave. I think he values his place in the organization and in the city too much.

Wade is Miami. He just trying to get paid but stranger things have happened.

I agree.

I also believe in players getting their money but Wade needs to understand at the same time he could be helping with tarnishing the Heat's image with perspective FAs (now and future).

Riley is supposed to be Miami's closer like Jerry West is for Golden State but right now he's looking kind of bad.

I mean if you are really trying to win, then this matters. If you're just trying to get back pay from years past and not really trying to win, then I'm sure he wouldn't care about Heat/Riley's image.

However, I do believe it was DUMB for Miami to lowball Wade while going after KD. Durant was never going to Miami to replace Wade, if anything it would've been to play with Wade. So they were going to have to take care of Wade regardless. There was no need to lowball him or put him on the back burner.

They been lowballing Wade his whole career
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wade should bounce because of the disrespeck
  • wizeoner2
    wizeoner2 Members Posts: 76 ✭✭✭
    Options
    KingHustle wrote: »
    Dirk must be happy with that one ring. Keep cashin out!

Money>>Rings

Money the reason these dudes in the league in the first place. If you happen to get a ring then cool if not you'll still be living comfortably

Hes already set for life tho
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pat ain't got the juice no more. Whiteside put the pistol to his head and got the max deal and I think he'll blink before Wade does with that $50 mill.
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the Heat just don't wanna give a 35 year old Wade 25 mill a year. I don't see why not because it ain't like they are serious contenders. Pat Riley must be looking toward next summer and thinks the chances of getting Westbrook has increased.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder what's the latest on Crabbe. He holding up the offer from the Nets!
  • RAPH
    RAPH Members Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

These ? really got dudes trying to come out of retirement...

First Jermaine O'neal and now Jesus lol
  • Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Send westbrook to miami, and send dragic to okc.......

do it now pat
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of Russ to Boston chatter
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    IgboNegro wrote: »
    d.green wrote: »
    I don't think Wade is going to leave. I think he values his place in the organization and in the city too much.

Wade is Miami. He just trying to get paid but stranger things have happened.

I agree.

I also believe in players getting their money but Wade needs to understand at the same time he could be helping with tarnishing the Heat's image with perspective FAs (now and future).

Riley is supposed to be Miami's closer like Jerry West is for Golden State but right now he's looking kind of bad.

I mean if you are really trying to win, then this matters. If you're just trying to get back pay from years past and not really trying to win, then I'm sure he wouldn't care about Heat/Riley's image.

However, I do believe it was DUMB for Miami to lowball Wade while going after KD. Durant was never going to Miami to replace Wade, if anything it would've been to play with Wade. So they were going to have to take care of Wade regardless. There was no need to lowball him or put him on the back burner.

They been lowballing Wade his whole career

Wouldn't say he has been lowballed but he has taken less for the team.

Even Lebron James had never been in the top 6 of NBA salaries until this season. He was #2 behind Kobe.

Wade has averaged $15M+ for his career since 2007-2008 (after rookie deal extension)
    LBJ has averaged $16M+ for his career since 2007-2008 (after rookie deal extension)

I guess that's what happens when you team up with other stars...you have to sacrifice but that isn't being lowballed.

Wade signed a long-awaited contract extension on Wednesday. The
    deal is for three seasons, beginning in 2007-08, and has a player
    option for a fourth year -- much like the one agreed to earlier
    Wednesday by LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers.
    ....this deal gives Wade the chance to secure another
    long-term extension before the NBA's current collective bargaining
    agreement expires.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Thats one of the reasons this why this looks so bad for KD because its not like his teammates or front office failed him, everybody did what they were supposed to do except him and Westbrook

Anybody who says this didn't watch Thunder games or saltY

KD/Westbrook play street ball and been good enough to get away with it...they play terrible team basketball because there's no system. They go out there and mostly improvise so when ? breaks down, there's no system for them to rely on

Thunder got a bunch of random pieces that don't fit

People going really see how good KD is this year, it's being underrated how he probably frustrated with not having a good coach

It's funny because people wouldn't say anything if he went to the Spurs and they would be just as nasty

Lol @ people needing to wait until next season to realize how good KD is

Bruh you're up 3-1 in the conference finals.....thats when your franchise, max player, superstars are supposed to step up and close the deal.

Even if it was a small sample size Waiters
    game seemed to evolve before our eyes
    Steven Adams was playing like a man amongst boys
    Kanter stepped up
    Bill Donovan was making adjustments

KD and Russ were turning the ball over, taking bad shots and stopped trusting their teammates...thats why OKC blew that lead, had nothing to do with them having random pieces or not running a system

Your explanation just justified exactly what I said

Why were they turning the ball over, why aren't they trusting their teammates...cause there's no system in place to guarantee their looks...all of their shots are bad shots, that's how they play

Lmaoo @ Waiters evolving before out eyes...he had better stretches during the season and he might've took 8 shots in the last 3 games combined ...he was awful

"Here Roberson, go get yours"

Name the last NBA champions who didn't have a system in place

Name the last champions who relied on 2 players creating to score

Why couldn't they play w/o KD or Russ on the floor at all times

Why is Ibaka your 2nd best shooter on the court...OKC had pieces, they just don't complement each other and Brooks not Donovan put them

GS didn't have the most talented team and their depth was overrated but they had a system that took advantage of what they had
  • OhioState1987
    OhioState1987 Members Posts: 598 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see how KD was frustrated with Westbrook it was plenty of times in big moments and games where KD was acting like a ? and not taking over and Russ had to cover for his ass like said before that's why Lebron always will own KD when he play certain players and teams he strinks under pressure KD blew a 3-1 lead to GS because that was his team and he neverd took over the last 3 games and it cost them the series He taking the Hoe route if he trying to blame his decision for leaving on Russ he should said I left because I need more help.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    Dwyane Wade and the Miami Heat remain at an impasse over his next contract.“The problems are real,” Dan Le Batard said on ESPN Radio Tuesday. “It’s not something we’re soap-opera manufacturing because we love it. The relationship has never been in a more dangerous place"

:o

Why don't the heat just dump mcroberts contract and give this clown the 25 mil?

No heat fan wants that ? mcroberts. But why could we trade him to?

Free up money, dude been hurt most of the time he was on the team.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of Russ to Boston chatter

? you wish.
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats one of the reasons this why this looks so bad for KD because its not like his teammates or front office failed him, everybody did what they were supposed to do except him and Westbrook

Anybody who says this didn't watch Thunder games or saltY

KD/Westbrook play street ball and been good enough to get away with it...they play terrible team basketball because there's no system. They go out there and mostly improvise so when ? breaks down, there's no system for them to rely on

Thunder got a bunch of random pieces that don't fit

People going really see how good KD is this year, it's being underrated how he probably frustrated with not having a good coach

It's funny because people wouldn't say anything if he went to the Spurs and they would be just as nasty

Lol @ people needing to wait until next season to realize how good KD is

Bruh you're up 3-1 in the conference finals.....thats when your franchise, max player, superstars are supposed to step up and close the deal.

Even if it was a small sample size Waiters
    game seemed to evolve before our eyes
    Steven Adams was playing like a man amongst boys
    Kanter stepped up
    Bill Donovan was making adjustments

KD and Russ were turning the ball over, taking bad shots and stopped trusting their teammates...thats why OKC blew that lead, had nothing to do with them having random pieces or not running a system

Your explanation just justified exactly what I said

Why were they turning the ball over, why aren't they trusting their teammates...cause there's no system in place to guarantee their looks...all of their shots are bad shots, that's how they play

Lmaoo @ Waiters evolving before out eyes...he had better stretches during the season and he might've took 8 shots in the last 3 games combined ...he was awful

"Here Roberson, go get yours"

Name the last NBA champions who didn't have a system in place

Name the last champions who relied on 2 players creating to score

Why couldn't they play w/o KD or Russ on the floor at all times

Why is Ibaka your 2nd best shooter on the court...OKC had pieces, they just don't complement each other and Brooks not Donovan put them

GS didn't have the most talented team and their depth was overrated but they had a system that took advantage of what they had

lol alright bruh we just going to have to agree to disagree
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For sure...some of us watch basketball, some of us just watch