New Joe Budden - "Wake" (Dissing Drake Again)

Options

Comments

• international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lyrically, it´s acceptable as you would expect from Joey, he needs to work on his delivery though, it´s easy to just switch off in the middle of the song and for it to not be the most effective because of the delivery.

•  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    I think the reason he went at Meek tho was because Meek made a dangerous accusation with the reference tapes. That made sense cuz he could have lost his career not doing anything. On top of the fact that Meek was an easy target. He loses nothing ignoring Joe and in responding he gives Joe a huge spotlight.

Diss was lit but like I said ? this beef. Drake will give him a subliminal at best but I highly doubt he's going to engage him. Doesn't make sense to. What he said tho is what Meek should have said when they were battling.

a subliminal at best..........at this point.

you are ? HILARIOUS.

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    naw jay took his beat and went in.....? had enough early...

s.carter collection mixtape was full of subliminals......? was tryna make sure there was no doubt before the black album came out....he had to protect his brand...
  • Dupac
    Options
    bruh, jay zapped out on that ? ....? was disrespectful....

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    bruh, drake don't respond is strike 2 or 3 depending on how you look at it....? bout to be on iggy status and ex-communicated from the hip-hop community...

? just gonna have to call him a pop artist.....

no one cares if pop artists don't respond to diss tracks, no one cares if pop artists have ghost writers/reference tracks....

hip hop fans care about that ? .....

not to mention getting smacked by diddy, getting your chain took, getting ? on....those things can be written up as being a ? ass ? .....they could possibly be dismissed....

but the quentin miller exposure, and now joey putting his foot on his neck.....bruh....drake need to either establish himself right now, or just come out with a statement saying....

"i'm not a rapper, i'm not hip hop, i just make music for my fans.....that's what i do"

cuz ain't nobody gonna be tryna hear his name in the discussion with hip hops elite class.....especially when krit just made held ? down for the culture yesterday like he did....

Joe Budden - "Talk To Em" (Jay-Z diss)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD7POOB8bk4
    Jay barely responded to Joey also to be fair. No one said it tarnished Jays career (not saying Jay n Drake are the same level but both are bigger stars)

Your missing like several huge differences bringing this up
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bruh, drake don't respond is strike 2 or 3 depending on how you look at it....? bout to be on iggy status and ex-communicated from the hip-hop community...

no one cares if pop artists don't respond to diss tracks, no one cares if pop artists have ghost writers/reference tracks....

not to mention getting smacked by diddy, getting your chain took, getting ? on....those things can be written up as being a ? ass ? .....they could possibly be dismissed....

but the quentin miller exposure, and now joey putting his foot on his neck.....bruh....drake need to either establish himself right now, or just come out with a statement saying....

"i'm not a rapper, i'm not hip hop, i just make music for my fans.....that's what i do"

cuz ain't nobody gonna be tryna hear his name in the discussion with hip hops elite class.....especially when krit just made held ? down for the culture yesterday like he did....

Jay barely responded to Joey also to be fair. No one said it tarnished Jays career (not saying Jay n Drake are the same level but both are bigger stars)

Jay just came off a battle vs Nas...

Don't think anyone would question ? after that, Jay's battle resume is official...
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

to be fair, he only shot like 4 bars at Jay and while we know what the superman reference was about, he still never said his name directly

but according to Joey, Talk 2 em wasnt entirely about jay, just the end
  • victory_kid
    victory_kid Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    By now, Hip-Hop followers should know the real reason why Drake went at Meek the way he did. It is deeper than Drake not tweeting Meek's album and being expose to having a ghostwriter, lol.

In Joey's case, like some of you said already, he is no threat to Drake's "pop career" (keeping it all the way truthful) However, Drake is gonna give light subliminal jabs here and there. Probably have Tahiry on stage at the next OVO Fest or some ? like that lol.

It is better Joey just leave it here with his back-2-back disses and rest his case.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @dwo, listen to "talk 2 em"...aka, the vid that was just posted

thats not pump it up remix
  • Dupac
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    @dwo, listen to "talk 2 em"...aka, the vid that was just posted

thats not pump it up remix

he posted the video after i posted my response.....

but jay's pump it up remix still deaded that ? ....jay went in as far as ? for tat.. once jay took his beat and killed it....joey could respond all he wanted...jay won....
  • Dupac
    Options
    kinda like how jay was still talking about nas on blueprint 2...but ether already destroyed the ?
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Better than the last diss tbh.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The pump it up back n forth was before Talk To Em. A few years difference.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why would Drake respond to a ? who aint been relevant since Vick was on the cover of Madden?
  • Dupac
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The pump it up back n forth was before Talk To Em.

that's what i'm saying....the pump it up remix was the "ether" of the jay/joe beef....joe could respond a million times...but once jay took his beat and ripped it like that....the ? was over....