Frenso Pigs Pop Unarmed CAC, Unfortunately More of This Needs to Happen

Options
Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo0vGS3TYVM
Body Cam Video Of Police Murdering UNARMED Dylan Noble

Fresno Police Shooting Video Shows Dylan Noble Ignoring Orders to Stop
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/15/us/video-is-released-in-police-shooting-of-dylan-noble-in-fresno.html
By CHRISTINE HAUSERJULY 14, 2016

15Dylan_xp-master768.jpg
Dylan Noble, 19, is shown in an image captured from police body-camera video, after being shot by police officers in Fresno, Calif., during a traffic stop on June 25. Credit Fresno Police Dept./Reuters

The authorities in Fresno, Calif., have released video of a fatal police shooting that has spurred protests and calls for a federal investigation. The footage shows Dylan Noble, 19, ignoring commands from two officers to show his hands, get on the ground and stop walking toward them before he was shot.

In the video, Mr. Noble has a hand behind his back and can be heard crying out that he hates his life before the officers fatally shoot him during a traffic stop in Fresno on June 25. He turned out to be unarmed. Protesters have questioned the officers’ conduct and whether alternatives could have been used that would have spared Mr. Noble’s life. But investigators are also wondering whether the encounter represented a “suicide by cop, in which Mr. Noble might have sought to provoke his own killing.

Mr. Noble’s shooting happened in a time of heightened scrutiny of fatal encounters between law enforcement and unarmed citizens, particularly black men. Mr. Noble was white. Investigations have been opened by both the police department’s internal affairs unit and the Fresno County district attorney’s office.

In a news conference on Wednesday, Jerry Dyer, Fresno’s police chief, said that he was releasing the footage partly because a bystander’s cellphone video “sparked emotion” but did not give the full picture of what had occurred. That video was recorded from about 150 feet away and showed only the last two of four total gunshots.

Chief Dyer said police videos are usually not released while investigations are ongoing. But, he added, “if there is a greater good for that video to be released before that time, then I as a police chief have the right to make that decision. There has been a great deal of concern in the community, and rightfully so.”

The video, about six minutes long, was cobbled together from body cameras. The officers had been out on an afternoon call looking for a man with a rifle, but their attention was drawn to Mr. Noble’s truck after his tires screeched at a traffic light, sending up smoke from burning rubber.

Chief Dyer said the officers decided to stop Mr. Noble initially as part of a traffic incident, but when he failed to pull over right away, the situation became “high risk” — or possibly related to their prior call about the man with the rifle. The video includes part of the pursuit of Mr. Noble’s truck, then shows him pulling into a Chevron gas station.

Two officers order Mr. Noble 15 times to show both his hands. He leaves the truck, and is ordered to lay down on the ground. He starts to drift away from the truck and the officers, but one of them advances toward Mr. Noble, who has one hand behind his back.

Mr. Noble starts walking toward the officer, backs up, and then advances. An officer shouts that Mr. Noble will get shot if he continues to move forward. Mr. Noble, with one arm raised and one behind his back, is told to stop six times.

“Drop whatever you have in your hand!” an officer calls out. Mr. Noble advances, and says: “I hate my life,” using a vulgarity, just before the first two shots are fired. He falls to the ground.

While on his back, Mr. Noble’s arms move near his waistband and shirt, and the officers tell him to stop reaching or he will be shot again. Two more shots are fired.

The first two shots were fired from a handgun by one of the officers who pulled over Mr. Noble’s truck. When Mr. Noble was on the ground, that officer fired once more, and another, who had arrived at the scene as backup, fired once from a shotgun, Steve Wright, the assistant district attorney, said in a telephone interview.

About three minutes lapsed in the time Mr. Noble was pulled over until the final shots.

“I anticipate that some of this video will answer many of the questions that are out there,” Chief Dyer said in the news conference published by local television stations, during which he released the full video, calling it “extremely disturbing to watch.”

“I also believe this video is going to raise questions in the minds of people, just as those questions exist in my mind as well: primarily, were the last two rounds fired by the officers necessary? Based on a reasonable fear, did the officers have to use deadly force?”

“I do not have the answer for that today,” Chief Dyer said.

An autopsy report has not yet been released, Mr. Wright said. Asked whether Mr. Noble’s remark to officers about hating his life was part of the district attorney’s investigation, he said: “We won’t know what was in his mind, but based on what he said, that is a possibility.”

Mr. Noble’s parents are suing the city in civil cases that could be combined for trial, Stuart R. Chandler, the attorney for Mr. Noble’s mother, said on Thursday. Mr. Chandler said he filed a claim on Monday as groundwork for civil action against the city of Fresno, adding that consultants in police practice were examining the new video.

“The video is going to speak for itself as far as things he did and didn’t do,” Mr. Chandler said in a telephone interview. “Everybody is going to pass their own judgment.”

He said Mr. Noble’s comment about hating his life was a common remark among young people to describe when something goes wrong and “so instantaneous that I don’t believe that was a justifiable trigger.”

“Everybody is putting the focus on what Mr. Noble did or did not do, but there are two sides to this story here,” he said. Mr. Chandler asked why officers felt it was their only option to ? him.

Chief Dyer said investigations would be completed by the end of August and then he would decide whether the officers, who are 20-year and 17-year veterans, followed proper procedure and whether the last two rounds were based on “reasonable fear.”

“I know that in cases like this no matter what the decision is, there will be people that question it. People that will not support it,” he said.

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo0vGS3TYVM

Body Cam Video Of Police Murdering UNARMED Dylan Noble

Fresno Police Shooting Video Shows Dylan Noble Ignoring Orders to Stop
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/15/us/video-is-released-in-police-shooting-of-dylan-noble-in-fresno.html
    By CHRISTINE HAUSERJULY 14, 2016

15Dylan_xp-master768.jpg
    Dylan Noble, 19, is shown in an image captured from police body-camera video, after being shot by police officers in Fresno, Calif., during a traffic stop on June 25. Credit Fresno Police Dept./Reuters

The authorities in Fresno, Calif., have released video of a fatal police shooting that has spurred protests and calls for a federal investigation. The footage shows Dylan Noble, 19, ignoring commands from two officers to show his hands, get on the ground and stop walking toward them before he was shot.

In the video, Mr. Noble has a hand behind his back and can be heard crying out that he hates his life before the officers fatally shoot him during a traffic stop in Fresno on June 25. He turned out to be unarmed. Protesters have questioned the officers’ conduct and whether alternatives could have been used that would have spared Mr. Noble’s life. But investigators are also wondering whether the encounter represented a “suicide by cop, in which Mr. Noble might have sought to provoke his own killing.

Mr. Noble’s shooting happened in a time of heightened scrutiny of fatal encounters between law enforcement and unarmed citizens, particularly black men. Mr. Noble was white. Investigations have been opened by both the police department’s internal affairs unit and the Fresno County district attorney’s office.

In a news conference on Wednesday, Jerry Dyer, Fresno’s police chief, said that he was releasing the footage partly because a bystander’s cellphone video “sparked emotion” but did not give the full picture of what had occurred. That video was recorded from about 150 feet away and showed only the last two of four total gunshots.

Chief Dyer said police videos are usually not released while investigations are ongoing. But, he added, “if there is a greater good for that video to be released before that time, then I as a police chief have the right to make that decision. There has been a great deal of concern in the community, and rightfully so.”

The video, about six minutes long, was cobbled together from body cameras. The officers had been out on an afternoon call looking for a man with a rifle, but their attention was drawn to Mr. Noble’s truck after his tires screeched at a traffic light, sending up smoke from burning rubber.

Chief Dyer said the officers decided to stop Mr. Noble initially as part of a traffic incident, but when he failed to pull over right away, the situation became “high risk” — or possibly related to their prior call about the man with the rifle. The video includes part of the pursuit of Mr. Noble’s truck, then shows him pulling into a Chevron gas station.

Two officers order Mr. Noble 15 times to show both his hands. He leaves the truck, and is ordered to lay down on the ground. He starts to drift away from the truck and the officers, but one of them advances toward Mr. Noble, who has one hand behind his back.

Mr. Noble starts walking toward the officer, backs up, and then advances. An officer shouts that Mr. Noble will get shot if he continues to move forward. Mr. Noble, with one arm raised and one behind his back, is told to stop six times.

“Drop whatever you have in your hand!” an officer calls out. Mr. Noble advances, and says: “I hate my life,” using a vulgarity, just before the first two shots are fired. He falls to the ground.

While on his back, Mr. Noble’s arms move near his waistband and shirt, and the officers tell him to stop reaching or he will be shot again. Two more shots are fired.

The first two shots were fired from a handgun by one of the officers who pulled over Mr. Noble’s truck. When Mr. Noble was on the ground, that officer fired once more, and another, who had arrived at the scene as backup, fired once from a shotgun, Steve Wright, the assistant district attorney, said in a telephone interview.

About three minutes lapsed in the time Mr. Noble was pulled over until the final shots.

“I anticipate that some of this video will answer many of the questions that are out there,” Chief Dyer said in the news conference published by local television stations, during which he released the full video, calling it “extremely disturbing to watch.”

“I also believe this video is going to raise questions in the minds of people, just as those questions exist in my mind as well: primarily, were the last two rounds fired by the officers necessary? Based on a reasonable fear, did the officers have to use deadly force?”

“I do not have the answer for that today,” Chief Dyer said.

An autopsy report has not yet been released, Mr. Wright said. Asked whether Mr. Noble’s remark to officers about hating his life was part of the district attorney’s investigation, he said: “We won’t know what was in his mind, but based on what he said, that is a possibility.”

Mr. Noble’s parents are suing the city in civil cases that could be combined for trial, Stuart R. Chandler, the attorney for Mr. Noble’s mother, said on Thursday. Mr. Chandler said he filed a claim on Monday as groundwork for civil action against the city of Fresno, adding that consultants in police practice were examining the new video.

“The video is going to speak for itself as far as things he did and didn’t do,” Mr. Chandler said in a telephone interview. “Everybody is going to pass their own judgment.”

He said Mr. Noble’s comment about hating his life was a common remark among young people to describe when something goes wrong and “so instantaneous that I don’t believe that was a justifiable trigger.”

“Everybody is putting the focus on what Mr. Noble did or did not do, but there are two sides to this story here,” he said. Mr. Chandler asked why officers felt it was their only option to ? him.

Chief Dyer said investigations would be completed by the end of August and then he would decide whether the officers, who are 20-year and 17-year veterans, followed proper procedure and whether the last two rounds were based on “reasonable fear.”

“I know that in cases like this no matter what the decision is, there will be people that question it. People that will not support it,” he said.

It's not that more of it needs to happen. It happens enough. More whites get killed by the cops than blacks. What needs to happen is that the problem needs to be portrayed in a way that will get white people to see that its not just our problem. That said, dude seems like he wanted to get shot, so I don't know if this is really a case of police brutality.
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He should've complied with authorities.

If he did he would still be alive today.

Sounds familiar?
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If BLM wants to cement themselves as freedom fighters for all they better get on this fast.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    If BLM wants to cement themselves as freedom fighters for all they better get on this fast.

I wouldn't say they need to get on it. It's not their focus. However, it wouldn't hurt them to acknowledge that this does happen to other groups every now and then. If nothing else it would combat the perception that they are a racist group that doesn't care about anyone else.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    Options

I wouldn't say they need to get on it. It's not their focus. However, it wouldn't hurt them to acknowledge that this does happen to other groups every now and then. If nothing else it would combat the perception that they are a racist group that doesn't care about anyone else.

that's what I meant, you just said it better than I could.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are few conspiracy theories that I actually believe in. Those being the assassinations of JKF, Malcolm, Dr. King, and RFK, and the supposed missing Malaysian airline was actually destroyed by extraterrestrials not wanting to to exposure their existence to humanity at large.

The other conspiracy theory I believe concerns police shootings. We've all heard that statistic that more CACs get popped by the pigs than black people. However, there's never any furor concerning these shootings, and nobody ever bats an eye at it. It's like a white person gets shot and people go back to their regularly scheduled ? .

There conspiracy lies in the fact that the powers at be, (and the media in an extreme dereliction of their duty,) don't want to investigate these shootings because of the following reasons.

1) It will reveal that most of the CACs getting popped were an actual threat to the police and community at large. This will to the people asking why the police are to discern between a white perpetrator that's posing a threat and a black person who isn't.

2) White people are actually being to the same savage and sadistic behavior that black people are. Knowing that police brutality has a "black face," on it. Seeing prima facie evidence that their own, (white people,) are being killed by the police, this would spur white citizens into action that will lead to firings, politicians beign voted out off and a complete overhaul in the way policing is done and a paradigm shift in police philosophy and culture.

Since racism and white supremacy must be practiced at all costs, (even at the expense of white lives,) the racist white supremacist elite have deemed middle and lower class whites as expendable. The racist white supremacist elite are willing to sacrifice an occasional CAC, just as long as they have unfettered access to oppressing, disrespecting, assaulting, ? , murdering, and subjugating black to sadistic savagery.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Dude was suicidal so there wasn't much the cops coulda did about that..he seemed hellbent on getting shot so *sigh*

The ? up part about it is how they kept shooting after he had been shot. Like how does it not cross your mind that he coulda been in shock or too hurt that's why he wouldn't/couldn't comply.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    That was suicide by cop. Open and shut.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

BLM the reason any of y'all even heard of this story in the first place. They are the ones who first brought attention to this story. Y'all sleep
  • Vellum
    Vellum Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are few conspiracy theories that I actually believe in. Those being the assassinations of JKF, Malcolm, Dr. King, and RFK, and the supposed missing Malaysian airline was actually destroyed by extraterrestrials not wanting to to exposure their existence to humanity at large.

The other conspiracy theory I believe concerns police shootings. We've all heard that statistic that more CACs get popped by the pigs than black people. However, there's never any furor concerning these shootings, and nobody ever bats an eye at it. It's like a white person gets shot and people go back to their regularly scheduled ? .

There conspiracy lies in the fact that the powers at be, (and the media in an extreme dereliction of their duty,) don't want to investigate these shootings because of the following reasons.

1) It will reveal that most of the CACs getting popped were an actual threat to the police and community at large. This will to the people asking why the police are to discern between a white perpetrator that's posing a threat and a black person who isn't.

2) White people are actually being to the same savage and sadistic behavior that black people are. Knowing that police brutality has a "black face," on it. Seeing prima facie evidence that their own, (white people,) are being killed by the police, this would spur white citizens into action that will lead to firings, politicians beign voted out off and a complete overhaul in the way policing is done and a paradigm shift in police philosophy and culture.

Since racism and white supremacy must be practiced at all costs, (even at the expense of white lives,) the racist white supremacist elite have deemed middle and lower class whites as expendable. The racist white supremacist elite are willing to sacrifice an occasional CAC, just as long as they have unfettered access to oppressing, disrespecting, assaulting, ? , murdering, and subjugating black to sadistic savagery.

This can be easily changed though. You demand justice and investigation, and dont let up. But you ignore the media, and when the media comes to you, you tell them go cover the white and latino people getting murdered too. That you dont need them here to exploit your situation for political reasons.

Its not really a conspiracy, as much as its taking advantage of certain groups of people, and exploiting them for your financial and or political gain. Sound familiar? They arent forcing us to add to this media frenzy either. We line up to gladly speak on it. Not knowing of the bigger picture at hand.

If in every moment of a black family making the news for stuff like the recent shootings, they took the time to call out a latino or white person killed. It would change the narrative quickly, and completely confuse the group of people who just wanna talk about how ? and violent black people are.

Right now, for progressive liberals, its ? , poor black people. But actually we wouldnt mind you showing violent, or disruptive white people disobeying the law too.

There are thousands of them, and normal encounters for officers everyday. Yet, we get high profile incidences 4 times a year in the media. Even though dylan was in the wrong. Look how quickly they released his footage. We havent seen any footage from the baton rouge, or philandro incident yet!
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    Options

BLM the reason any of y'all even heard of this story in the first place. They are the ones who first brought attention to this story. Y'all sleep

Nah the IC is.
  • Young Stef
    Young Stef Members Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He lived up to his name.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The first shot didn't bother me that much, he has guns trained on him and had ample opportunity to show the cops his hands.

I do think it was a weak as hell not to pounce on him after he was shot the first time. Not many people come back from a shotgun blast at that range.

I personally am not sure I could shoot a guy that was defenseless like that with a shotgun at close range after having to put down a car-hit deer at very close range once.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

whites already do that. they love pointing out how more whites are killed by the police every year. but they don't use that to aknowledge the issue of police brutality. they use it in effort to get blacks to shut the ? up about police brutality
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is an all lives matter issue right? If people get their numbers up and March in Fresno, the media will come.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

whites already do that. they love pointing out how more whites are killed by the police every year. but they don't use that to aknowledge the issue of police brutality. they use it in effort to get blacks to shut the ? up about police brutality

True, some, maybe even a lot, of white people do that. Not all though. Some are more reasonable and would be more supportive of the movement if they were given reason. The problem is they are given mixed messages. On one hand they may see a egregious case that BLM protests for and think that BLM is right. Then in the very next story they'll see clips of BLM members harassing white people at a memorial for the Orlando victims or chanting death threats to the cops. After seeing that, they are less inclined to believe in the cause. A lot of that is ? trickery pushed by the media, but some of it is recklessness by people who claim to be part of the movement.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I been saying this. The bitter irony however is that non-black victims of pig fuckery don't get national news coverage. They just don't. Chew on that for a moment.

That white teenager in Georgia got clapped cuz he answered the door with a Wii controller bruh. A ? Wiimote. And that pig had been fired from their last job, like with Tamir Rice shooter. Its like I'm the only one who heard about this. No charges filed, of course.

At this point, I'm waiting for one of these "good cops" to go postal. Honestly, gonna take a disaster like that for the basic psychological testing standards for cops to improve. I mean....its happened before in other countries....

"Woo ? -kon (February 24, 1955 – April 27, 1982) was a South Korean policeman who killed 56 people and wounded 35 others in several villages in Uiryeong County, South Gyeongsang Province, South Korea, during the night from April 26 to April 27, 1982, before committing suicide.

His rampage remained the deadliest known mass murder committed by a lone gunman in modern history until the Norway attacks of July 22, 2011."

i'm sure Giuliani would find a way to defend it lol
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

True, some, maybe even a lot, of white people do that. Not all though. Some are more reasonable and would be more supportive of the movement if they were given reason. The problem is they are given mixed messages. On one hand they may see a egregious case that BLM protests for and think that BLM is right. Then in the very next story they'll see clips of BLM members harassing white people at a memorial for the Orlando victims or chanting death threats to the cops. After seeing that, they are less inclined to believe in the cause. A lot of that is ? trickery pushed by the media, but some of it is recklessness by people who claim to be part of the movement.

even if you don't agree with how a few massagers go about getting their point across, it shouldn't deter you from the message

I don't agree with harassing all cops, but right before the Dallas shootings the citizens at the BLM march were taking pictures with cops. there's been plenty of cases where members of this movement were protesting in peace while others are shooting fireworks at police

most are not less inclined to believe in the cause because of the latter. they don't believe in the message period, no matter how the messengers behave