The 2016 NBA Offseason Thread

Options

Comments

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Russell Westbrook re-signed with the Thunder Thursday, and Kevin Durant, of course, was asked about it. Would he reach out to his former teammate to congratulate him on the massive contract renegotiation?

"Nah, that's a touchy deal. It's easy for someone else to tell me what I should do," Durant told reporters in Rio, according to Associated Press reporter Jon Krawczynski. "But I'll see when this is over and when everything dies down. At some point, we'll sit down and talk. But I don't know when."

The relationship between the two all-stars has been distant since Durant signed with the Golden State Warriors, spurning the Thunder at the last minute. Westbrook was reportedly “angry and hurt” with how Durant mysteriously handled the decision. When a fan asked how he felt about Durant, Westbrook laughed.

Adrian Wojnarowski provided some interesting details on Westbrook’s re-signing at The Vertical. When Durant moved to California and Westbrook met with Thunder brass, he had no interest in talking about the former MVP, according to Woj. He only wanted to know what was next.

There were rumors that the Thunder were looking to deal Westbrook, and the Celtics, Knicks, and Lakers were frontrunners, but Westbrook reportedly had no interest in leaving Oklahoma City.

“The idea of running out to find a super team, that isn’t who he is,” one source close to Westbrook told Wojnarowski. “He thought, ‘These are my guys here,’ and he wanted to go to battle with them.”

They renegotiated a three-year deal worth a total of $85.7 million, which Wojnarowski reports will clear the way for Westbrook to eventually sign a 5-year, $200 million contract with OKC in 2018 if he so chooses. Wojnarowski also reports the Thunder will make a run at Blake Griffin (an Oklahoma City native) in 2017.

There was probably no right way for Durant to handle this question. It’s clear there’s some friction between him and Westbrook right now. Perhaps waiting until “everything dies down” is the right move.

Regardless of whether they work out their differences, there’s even more anticipation now for the first Thunder-Warriors matchup of the season. It builds every day.

• yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    ? more hyped about the storyline of okc vs warriors than the actual matchups. Okc might give them a run if warriors dont gel right away but if warriors clicking then okc gettin blown out
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh too much time on your hands Gil

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yroholla wrote: »
    ? more hyped about the storyline of okc vs warriors than the actual matchups. Okc might give them a run if warriors dont gel right away but if warriors clicking then okc gettin blown out

And if your father and ur mother never met....
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I just wanna see Russ go off on kd then proceed to get a triple double with the W on his ? ass.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Russell gonna be a #2 fantasy pick
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's always been like that
    That's why lebrons first game back in Cleveland was a marquee match up even tho it was a blowout from the jump
  • yroholla
    Options

stephen-a-smith-laugh.gif

Warriors gonna lose to somebody they got no business losing to. Just like last year. It could very well be OKC its not far fetched at all.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OKC might mess around and be better without KD with Russ being the true #1 option. Losing Ibaka hurts tho.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Warriors gonna lose to somebody they got no business losing to. Just like last year. It could very well be OKC its not far fetched at all.

Like last year? As in a regular season game?
  • Beta
    Options
    OKC might mess around and be better without KD with Russ being the true #1 option. Losing Ibaka hurts tho.

Attention all donkey posters:

STOP POSTING IN CHEAP SEATS
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

Im dead serious tho.

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Options

8k0850ybyn5c.gif

That gif is hilarious.

But watch
  • Beta
    edited August 2016
    Options

Im dead serious tho.

Lol I know

Who's your team?
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options

Im dead serious tho.

Lol I know

Who's your team?

That's none of your business, sir.
  • Beta
    Options

Im dead serious tho.

Lol I know

Who's your team?

You already got exposed as a female alias

You better use every opportunity you can to be a real ? .... Whos your team B? lol
  • yroholla
    Options

Like last year? As in a regular season game?

Right. I was referring to a reg season game. Which is why i said they could give them a run its reg season anything can happen in one game
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options

Im dead serious tho.

Lol I know

Who's your team?

You already got exposed as a female alias

You better use every opportunity you can to be a real ? .... Whos your team B? lol

......OKC

0mrKW_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=starbucks&i=frappuccino-brands&l=search&f=.gif
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dude in his feelings cause I don't respect his internet authority