If you dont own a home by 30, youre a failure

Options
13»

Comments

• AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so living in the south where the cost of living is cheaper is a bad thing??

only on the IC
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is the equivalent of the " if you don't have kids by 30 your sex game is wack" thread
  • white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fosheezy wrote: »
    ? is the equivalent of the " if you don't have kids by 30 your sex game is wack" thread

It prolly is though, OR youre one of them autistic socially ass ?
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We don't even have to discuss investments to understand that owning is better than renting...

9/10 renters are straight profit for owners. Even if you travel a lot for work, that doesn't eliminate the benefit of owning.

Black people are in our current financial predicament, because we don't own...

• LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll leave this here....

Equity - In the context of real estate, the difference between the current fair market value of the property and the amount the owner still owes on the mortgage. It is the amount that the owner would receive after selling a property and paying off the mortgage. Also referred to as “real property value.”
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm huge on home ownership. 31 yrs old, on my 2nd home, but I'm not going to call anyone a failure for not owning.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

only on the IC

you can sell a house in nyc and buy a huge mansion in some parts of the south but generally speaking this does not work the other way around
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    AP21 wrote: »

only on the IC

you can sell a house in nyc and buy a huge mansion in some parts of the south but generally speaking this does not work the other way around

how and why is that relevant? serious question

• babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Buy any property you can get your hands on. Nothing is too small or run-down. Even a vacant empty lot is gold.
  • shieky
    shieky Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unfortunate. People truly believe that and are stressed and damn near suicidal because they reach a certain age and don't have what society tells them they should have. Live life and enjoy the process, ? an arbitrary number to have xyz. Disregard societal norms as long as you stay within the law. There is so much freedom in doing things your way and giving nan ? about the judgements of others.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    Mofos really don't know what life is really about.

They really don't but as usual the IC always have the answers for others lives. I seen multiple threads like these for years on here. "If you still 25... yaah yaah" give ppl a break ? is tough out here.