The Get Down (Netflix Original) - 2016 (Season 2 2017 has begun)

Options

Comments

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    I just finished it.That ? club scene though. When that chick told dizzee to kiss Thor that's when I fast forwarded the scene.

Lol the look on Jayden Smith face was like "the ? is she talking about?"
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Show is the GOAT. Part 2 need to drop ASAP
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Figured jayden would be the ? ? on the show.
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? Zeke look like Miz from Money and Violence.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Peep this Documentary on the Bronx lots of similarites with this Show though from a Latin Perspective.

https://youtu.be/iyp4uakQfAY
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I did not know this was a series thought it was gonna be a movie.

Ep1 turned out dope.

10x better than that VH1 movie "The Breaks"

Nas spittin and they givin dude some dope bars
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Jayden's randomness was pretty funny. They would be having a convo and he would blurt something unrelated then everyone would look at eachother then just continue.

Zeke: "We got the drums, then let the guitar ride, then-"

Dizzy - "Im impartial to the basoon."

*Stare then continue*

He said he was partial to the piccolo which made even more wild homilz and humorous
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Just gone past 4 episodes... i'll finish rest tonight. Notes:

- I found the issue of bootlegging of the art quite interesting compared to the anomaly we have in this present day ... the Internet is/was literally a gift and a curse

- it's interesting DJs those days were like turf warlords with their street soldiers

- the guy who plays Kool Herc has the swag and mannerisms of one of my uncles.. even down to the speech

- that dude Jackie I think is the funniest character on here. Cadillac too

- yeah Mylene is gorgeous but I'm eyeing Yolanda more. Love her ? symmetry and she 'sweet'

- Nasir Jones is still the undisputed GOAT of HipHop music..

- And finally, it's a coincidence really. My younger brother's rap name is Mistabooks; or 'Books' for short. He resides in Nigeria. I'll put him on to this show...
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn shame what Cadillac and Wolf did to them lil boys
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol I'm at the scene with this glady boy party, LMAO at Jayden Smith being the fairy of the group.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm on episode 4 nd ? is dope ? boo boo remind me of Michael from the wire

• King of GA
    King of GA Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Were gangsters really dressing up like that back in the 70s though? Like in the warriors? Gang life was kind of embarassing back then. I mean it still somewhat is, but way more embarassing back then lol.

Watch documentaries yeah they dressed like that there's a movie on Netflix calls the warriors(rockstar also made a game based on this movie) that put a fictional spin on what we york though gangs were like in the 70's. There's also a Netflix documentary in new York hip hop fashion that has a segment on 70s gangs.

Just wait until they make a documentary or movie about this era and show these clowns sagging skinny jeans and wearing blouses...
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    King of GA wrote: »
    Were gangsters really dressing up like that back in the 70s though? Like in the warriors? Gang life was kind of embarassing back then. I mean it still somewhat is, but way more embarassing back then lol.

Watch documentaries yeah they dressed like that there's a movie on Netflix calls the warriors(rockstar also made a game based on this movie) that put a fictional spin on what we york though gangs were like in the 70's. There's also a Netflix documentary in new York hip hop fashion that has a segment on 70s gangs.

Just wait until they make a documentary or movie about this era and show these clowns sagging skinny jeans and wearing blouses...

I was thinking about how far into hip hop the show will go. I think right around 2010 is when they should be like "Ok, next season is the last season."

But i wonder how it will effect Zeke and crew. Have a gangster phase, or possibly start a label with gangster rappers that are signed in the 90s. Lots of potential for this show and cool stories from hip hop that can be reimagined with these characters in the show.

Hope that maybe in the 90s Zeke will sign a major label deal. We will see all his struggles, with the label even though he has worldwide success. Then a major focus will be him getting free of his deal then doing things independently in the internet age.
  • King of GA
    King of GA Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just over halfway through ep 4...I can't believe how dude keep picking Shao over Mylene...