Gestapo Philly pig caught w/ a ? tattoo on his arm.. Philly Pig Union head says it's no big deal…

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy

cce395mrqnyr.jpeg

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20160902_FOP_leader__Philly_police_officer_s_apparent_? -style_tattoo__not_a_big_deal_.html
Kenney condemns photo of cop with apparent ? -style tattoo; police to review

Mayor Kenney on Thursday condemned a photo of a Philadelphia police officer with an apparent ? -style tattoo on his arm, saying the tattoo was "incredibly offensive" and not the sort of message police should be giving the community.

The Police Department also said its Internal Affairs unit would review the photo, which began circulating on social media Wednesday night. It showed a bike patrol officer with a tattoo on his left forearm of an apparent spread-winged eagle resembling a symbol used by the Nazis, and above it the tattooed word "Fatherland."

"The imagery on display in the tweet is disturbing," Kenney said in a statement, adding: "In this environment - in which open, honest dialogue between citizens and police is paramount - we need to be building trust, not offering messages or displaying images that destroy trust."

The Police Department said in a statement that it "does not condone anything that can be interpreted as offensive, hateful or discriminatory in any form."

The photo was posted Wednesday night on Facebook by a user named Evan Parish Matthews. The officer in the photo has a name badge saying "Lichtermann," and Matthews identified the officer in his Facebook post as Ian Hans Lichtermann. Matthews wrote that the photo was taken at a protest march during the Democratic National Convention in late July.

According to city payroll records, an officer whose name is spelled Ian Lichterman joined the Police Department in April 2000 but left in August 2002. He returned in May 2003, records show, and his current salary as a police officer is about $72,000. It was not immediately clear why the records show a gap in his service or a name spelled differently from that on his uniform.

Lichterman hung up on a reporter when reached on his cellphone Thursday.

John McNesby, president of Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 5, said of the photo: "I've seen it. It's an Eagle. Not a big deal."

"City not concerned neither are we," McNesby wrote in a text message before Kenney's statement. "I see people with panthers on their arm. Doesn't mean they are black panthers. People with crosses on arms doesn't mean they dislike any other religion."

The Police Department does not have a policy regarding tattoos, but police officials said Thursday they would move quickly to decide whether such a policy should be drafted.

After Matthews posted the photo, it was shared on Twitter by Mindy Isser, a 25-year-old Point Breeze resident. In a telephone interview Thursday, Isser said she was in disbelief that a police officer could have a tattoo that suggests hatred for minorities.

With everything going on, with all the police violence and police killings, it's kind of striking," she said.

As of 3:45 p.m. Thursday, Matthews' Facebook post had been shared more than 3,700 times, and Isser's tweet with the photo had been shared more than 3,200 times.

Matthews also wrote a new post saying he had filed a complaint with the Police Department, describing Lichterman's tattoo as an "intimidating display," and saying it would be "terrifying" to be arrested by him.

Comments

• twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Just because you have a black panther tattoo doesn't mean..."

Rofl. Fatherland ("Vaterland" in German) is known historic ? propaganda. Plus the eagle? Open and close case. Wouldn't be surprised if a ? was below that eagle too.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's next in this country?

Just because you have a ? doesn't mean you're a ma...oh wait. Nevermind.
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Hans Lichtermann" sounds more threatening to me than "Mohammed, Bashir, and Al-jihad" does combined
  • Vellum
    Vellum Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That is the most brazen ? ever, and dudes trying to compare that tat to a panther or a cross. How stupid and dishonest are people going to continue to be?

Could it be an old tat, and he no longer believes in that? Sure, but i highly doubt that. Otherwise he would take constant effort towards covering it in public.

If he had that tat as a cop in Germany, hed never get the ? job. Only in ? America.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Hans Lichtermann" sounds more threatening to me than "Mohammed, Bashir, and Al-jihad" does combined

They sound the same to me.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    09012016_lichtermancosplay.37590cde.fill-735x490.jpg
    This photo alleges to show Philadelphia police Officer Ian Hans Lichterman, left, posing with fellow ? reenactors.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/photos-surface-philly-police-officer-? -tattoo/

Again Rex is proved correct when he calls the police the Neo Gestopo. But BLM is a hate group and Colin Kaepernick is unpatriotic and is disrespecting the flag. Shakin' my muthafuckin' head.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Government backed racism
  • Vellum
    Vellum Members Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That shows you how terrible the vetting process is for police officers. A white boy a few months ago got denied by the army for having a confederate flag tat. Yet this dude can go to ? reenactments, have a blatent ? tat on his arm, and theyre like welcome aboard buddy.

I mean, maybe he got it post his hiring, but are you telling me no one saw that, and thought, wait a minute, are you a ? ?

Also, how corny do you have to be to still want to be a ? like 70 years later. How much cornier are you that youre an American embracing ? . Thats as stupid as embracing the confederate flag still. Like, what kind of mental disorder do you need to be that weak and stupid.