The 2016 NBA Offseason Thread

Options

Comments

• EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Melo can't carry average at best teams anymore. Ten years ago he might've had these Knicks in the playoffs. Melo is a really good 2nd option/1b these days.

I'm not even sure if that is true.. Our Starting PG was Jose Calderone last season.. Having him as your starting PG automatically makes the talent level a mismatch with the Pacers @Tommy bilfiger we know y'all don't respect the knicks.. But be objective..

We were a .500 team until Melo stepped on a referee's foot and missed some time.. The season spiraled out of control after that...

Even if Rose is average he is leaps and bounds better than Jose Calderone and the most important position in todays game.. You add KP and Noah.. You have something... We will see whats what this season..

Bruh he missed 2 games and the knicks lost 7 out of 8 with melo in the line up after that ankle sprain.Homer ass ?

Btw calderon was rated higher than derrick rose last season.Rose was the lowest rated qualifying starting pg in the nba in 15-16 you can find more excuses tho

Are you telling me that you would rather have had Calderone than Rose last year?.. Of course that's not what you're saying.. My point still stands.. When you're starting PG is Jose Calderone.. There isn't much hope for your squad..
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everyone outside of Cleveland were considered pretenders in the east, my point is Lowry is getting laughed at for where he is placed on that list when it's really not that far off, there's a few players that clearly should be above him but he's in that mid teens/low 20's echelon of players
  • EmM HoLLa.
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Everyone outside of Cleveland were considered pretenders in the east, my point is Lowry is getting laughed at for where he is placed on that list when it's really not that far off, there's a few players that clearly should be above him but he's in that mid teens/low 20's echelon of players

Lowry isn't better than Melo or Wade or Kyrie or etc... Your point is valid he lead that team to the ECF.. But to me its a sum is greater than the value of its parts type thing.. That team was solid.. And they didn't beat themselves.. Every other team in the East had glaring weaknesses..
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Melo can't carry average at best teams anymore. Ten years ago he might've had these Knicks in the playoffs. Melo is a really good 2nd option/1b these days.

I'm not even sure if that is true.. Our Starting PG was Jose Calderone last season.. Having him as your starting PG automatically makes the talent level a mismatch with the Pacers @Tommy bilfiger we know y'all don't respect the knicks.. But be objective..

We were a .500 team until Melo stepped on a referee's foot and missed some time.. The season spiraled out of control after that...

Even if Rose is average he is leaps and bounds better than Jose Calderone and the most important position in todays game.. You add KP and Noah.. You have something... We will see whats what this season..

Bruh he missed 2 games and the knicks lost 7 out of 8 with melo in the line up after that ankle sprain.Homer ass ?

Btw calderon was rated higher than derrick rose last season.Rose was the lowest rated qualifying starting pg in the nba in 15-16 you can find more excuses tho

Are you telling me that you would rather have had Calderone than Rose last year?.. Of course that's not what you're saying.. My point still stands.. When you're starting PG is Jose Calderone.. There isn't much hope for your squad..

No I'm saying facts that you seem not to comprehend.Rose was the worst rated starting pg in the nba last year so whatever calderon was rose was worst offensively and defensively.That being said I'll leave it alone cuz you don't know nothin about ball anyway.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

Lowry isn't better than Melo or Wade or Kyrie or etc... Your point is valid he lead that team to the ECF.. But to me its a sum is greater than the value of its parts type thing.. That team was solid.. And they didn't beat themselves.. Every other team in the East had glaring weaknesses..

I'll take Lowry over Kyrie with ease I don't care if I'm alone on that, Lowry finished top 3 or 4 in real +/-, defensive and offensive real +/- and real +/- wins, top 5 in the league in 3's hitting them at nearly 40% to Kyrie's 32% and he's one of the top 2 or 3 defenders at the position where Kyrie is close to the bottom of the league, Kyrie had moments in the finals but Lowry would have rings playing with Bron too so that's meaningless in this discussion, before Bron Cleveland wasn't even sniffing the 8th seed where Lowry although he's disliked because he flops, has an attitude problem and his game isn't nearly as pretty as Kyrie's has been the best player on a team that just finished 2nd in the east and made it to the ecf, nobody wants to give this dude his props but I am
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Raptors almost lost to a one man team in the pacers in round 1

Please

Not accurate and that one man is arguably the 2nd best player in the east
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please

man shut yo ass up and move your ass to Canada B
  • EmM HoLLa.
    Options

No I'm saying facts that you seem not to comprehend.Rose was the worst rated starting pg in the nba last year so whatever calderon was rose was worst offensively and defensively.That being said I'll leave it alone cuz you don't know nothin about ball anyway.

? your facts ? ... I work in analytics.. You can use numbers to back up anything you want.. Rose is a better basketball player than Calderone at this stage of his career and it isn't even close.. All that other ? u talking is irrelevant..
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

? your facts ? ... I work in analytics.. You can use numbers to back up anything you want.. Rose is a better basketball player than Calderone at this stage of his career and it isn't even close.. All that other ? u talking is irrelevant..

Hilarious,shut the ? up you ? midget.You don't know nothin about basketball you the same dude who told me rondo would be a good fit for the triangle.I would break this post down with facts and make you look stupid but I don't argue with clueless fools.
  • Beta
    Options
    Matt Barnes on Maurice Cheeks: “He was such a ? . He just wasn’t cool, I really didn’t like him, like I still to this day like I’ll slap him in his face if he says anything to me type ? .” – via The Vertical

I remember watching Matt Barnes I think on HBO going through his day and he mentioned how mo cheeks was such a ? to him I can't remember where on what team but he HATE that ? lol
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options

Please

you saying this like its a diss?? have fun with trump or clinton as yall president

2819822_o.gif
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please

you saying this like its a diss?? have fun with trump or clinton as yall president

2819822_o.gif

WX2iisA_zpserzo2ypn.gif
    Unnecessary gotdammnit
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good to see Harden stepping up and becoming more of a leader this offseason, now whether or not that translates into on court success idk but at least hes making a legit attempt to work on the team chemistry and get everybody on the same page this season
  • Beta
    Options

Please

2819822_o.gif

That's because it's not a diss towards Canada you simple syrup making ass ?
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'll take Lowry over Kyrie with ease I don't care if I'm alone on that, Lowry finished top 3 or 4 in real +/-, defensive and offensive real +/- and real +/- wins, top 5 in the league in 3's hitting them at nearly 40% to Kyrie's 32% and he's one of the top 2 or 3 defenders at the position where Kyrie is close to the bottom of the league, Kyrie had moments in the finals but Lowry would have rings playing with Bron too so that's meaningless in this discussion, before Bron Cleveland wasn't even sniffing the 8th seed where Lowry although he's disliked because he flops, has an attitude problem and his game isn't nearly as pretty as Kyrie's has been the best player on a team that just finished 2nd in the east and made it to the ecf, nobody wants to give this dude his props but I am

Yo you ? bugging
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? want to take spj spot so bad
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Any other superstar miss the playoffs 3 straight years and have two 1st round exits and a 2nd round exit on your resume after bogarding your way to a team and people would be callin them an epic flop,but wit melo it's disrespect hilarious.No need to mention the 6 1st round exits from the nuggets day

Demarcus cousins the only star caliber player constantly missing the playoffs at least he's in the west melo has no excuses especially when paul george damn near snapped his leg in half and missed pretty much the whole 14-15 season returned and led the pacers to a playoff spot the next year and almost took out the raptors.Melo is not better than 2 way players like paul george,jimmy and kahwi foh wit that non sense.

........ you wrote a whole essay full of fuckey every player you named had a far better team than Melo don't even mention kahwi that ? been surrounded by greatness since his NBA birth

If ? playing against Melo says he the hardest ? to guard and one of technology best scorers ever why are you talking like why is this a debate this list is about the individual

MELO HAS CHOSEN MONEY OVER GREATNESS.
    ITS ON HIM NOT FATE. He could joint other stars and collect rings. But he didnt.

I have no pity or 'but' when it comes to Melo's career bruh.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

Wow we got Rose?!!!

I ask again.. Can the man still play?!!?!

Tell me more about a player you didn't even watch clown.Numbers like worst ast to to ratio,lowest tru shooting % and per can't be exaggerated either these are FACTS.Lucky I didn't unleash the flutes on your emotional ass calderon had better offensive and defensive rating than rose too

Y'all stay catchin feelins on here when people don't agree with you.
  • EmM HoLLa.
    Options

Wow we got Rose?!!!

Tell me more about a player you didn't even watch clown.Numbers like worst ast to to ratio,lowest tru shooting % and per can't be exaggerated either these are FACTS.Lucky I didn't unleash the flutes on your emotional ass calderon had better offensive and defensive rating than rose too

You still haven't answered my question.. Right now.. If given the choice between Rose and Calderone.. Are you taking Calderone?. No.. So all that other ? u talkin is irrelevant.. I don't think anyone on this board would rather have Calderone over Rose despite what the numbers say.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited September 2016
    Options

Wow we got Rose?!!!

You still haven't answered my question.. Right now.. If given the choice between Rose and Calderone.. Are you taking Calderone?. No.. So all that other ? u talkin is irrelevant.. I don't think anyone on this board would rather have Calderone over Rose despite what the numbers say.

Depends on the fit of the team hindsight is 20/20 but on last years bulls I woulda took calderon over rose he would of been a better fit with jimmy

I don't care what anyone on this board thinks and you sound stupid bruh you're literally ignoring evidence saying one player was a more effective pg you just enamored with a name of player that you didn't even watch.
  • EmM HoLLa.
    Options
    Depends on the fit of the team hindsight is 20/20 but on last years bulls I woulda took calderon over rose he would of been a better fit with jimmy

A better fit offensively but what about on the other end?.. And that is not to say that Rose is some great defensive player either...

At the end of the day I get what you are saying in terms of fitting with Butler.. Butler being the future of the Bulls franchise.. Last year I would have taken Rose he would have helped us a lot given the fact that we had little to no dribble ? all of last year..

In a vacuum Rose is still the better player though..
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i see noah having a way bigger impact than rose

the length of the deal, health and the opportunity cost of tying up major salary cap on a 31 year old can be questioned but one thing that shouldnt be is noahs effectiveness -- yeah every part of his game has slipped in some respect especially finishing at the rim but noah was still a major cog in in the bulls success before he ? up his shoulder -- the defense and ultimately the bulls season sank as noah sat in street clothes