Colin Kaepernick refuses “to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people”...

Options

Comments

• Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn , another one??
    F*ck!
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Don't let these crackas make yall think football ratings are down bcuz Kaep took a knee.

TV ratings are down period. Not just football ratings.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Add another ? to the list

http://atlantablackstar.com/2016/09/30/venus-williams-states-all-lives-matter-response-serenas-heartfelt-post-police-brutality/
    After Venus completed her matches in the Wuhan Open, reporters asked the defending champion about her sister Serena’s comments.

How important do you think it is for you and your sister and other Black athletes to speak out on those issues?” a journalist asked during the press conference.

“I haven’t seen the post,” Venus replied in transcripts captured by ASAP Sports. “I think all lives matter, so … I can’t really comment"

Unlike a lot of the people here. I don't think it automatically makes someone a ? to take the "All Lives Matter" stance. Context matters, and in a lot of cases black people saying that are just misguided or ignorant. But this is a good example of someone who can legitimately be called a ? for that remark. Because she is without a question using it to dismiss black concerns.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't let these crackas make yall think football ratings are down bcuz Kaep took a knee.

More ppl are streaming online.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is crazy idk how I feel about this I rather have him not play the whole season then fail because his coach and his team is ass like the last few years
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited October 2016
    Options

The number of people watching TV is falling off a cliff

Myles Udland Sep. 23, 2015, 3:12 PM 30,130 48
    Family watching television 1958
    Wikimedia Commons
    It seems like people just aren't watching TV anymore.

A report from Ad Age on Wednesday paints a bleak picture of Tuesday's overnight TV ratings, which come during one of the industry's most important weeks of the year as new shows are rolled out on the major networks.

Ad Age, citing figures from Nielsen, reported that every returning drama that aired Tuesday night saw viewers decline by double digits while debuts were a "mixed bag."

But aside from the performance of individual shows, the number of people using TV in the coveted 18-to-49 demographic was down 8% against the same time last year, and for the first two nights this week usage is off 10%.

In August, we highlighted this chart from analysts at Pacific Crest that showed the declined in cable subscribers, and the disappointing ratings from this week confirm that interest in TV is not what it used to be

ovjfh7jciwyw.png

http://www.businessinsider.com/tv-ratings-decline-2015-9
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    Kaep is better than Gabbert but they're both trash.
  • sideon1984
    sideon1984 Members Posts: 144 ✭✭
    Options
    we need to move past the anthem protests now.
    they need to be talking about actual initiatives or its all just hollow...

I agree with taking action, but as far as the anthem goes black people should never acknowledge a song written by a slave owner. As far as i'm concerned they either need to stop playing it or let the players take a knee or raise a fist forever.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Wikimedia Commons

A report from Ad Age on Wednesday paints a bleak picture of Tuesday's overnight TV ratings, which come during one of the industry's most important weeks of the year as new shows are rolled out on the major networks.

Ad Age, citing figures from Nielsen, reported that every returning drama that aired Tuesday night saw viewers decline by double digits while debuts were a "mixed bag."

But aside from the performance of individual shows, the number of people using TV in the coveted 18-to-49 demographic was down 8% against the same time last year, and for the first two nights this week usage is off 10%.

In August, we highlighted this chart from analysts at Pacific Crest that showed the declined in cable subscribers, and the disappointing ratings from this week confirm that interest in TV is not what it used to be

ovjfh7jciwyw.png

I just cut it this week and cut my TV expenses in half.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wikimedia Commons

ovjfh7jciwyw.png

Do those ratings take into account streaming?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

Wikimedia Commons

ovjfh7jciwyw.png

Do those ratings take into account streaming?

I have to believe that a lot of the NFL streaming isn't official.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is crazy idk how I feel about this I rather have him not play the whole season then fail because his coach and his team is ass like the last few years

RIGHT! There's a reason he lost his job, bruh fell off
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article106735647.html
    McCrory calls ECU band members’ protest ‘inappropriate’

Gov. Pat McCrory has weighed in on the silent protest last Saturday at East Carolina University, where 19 members of the Marching Pirates band knelt during the national anthem.

In videos of TV interviews distributed by McCrory’s re-election campaign, the governor called the band members’ kneeling protest “extremely inappropriate.”

“They have every right to express their First Amendment rights outside the stadium,” he said.

McCrory suggested that the band members were running afoul of the rules when they made a statement on the football field in solidarity with demonstrations nationally against police shootings of African-Americans.

“There are rules and guidelines in our society, and when you put on the uniform of a band you have to follow the rules and guidelines of that uniform,” McCrory added. “I wonder if we had every member of every band start going, ‘I’ve got a political opinion,’ and they just walk away from the performance and hold up a sign.’

Such demonstrations have spread from the NFL to college games in recent weeks, but the ECU protest has elicited a particularly emotional response. Band members had to have a police ? from the game on Oct. 1 when some fans spit on the members or threw things at them.

On the day of the game, the new chancellor, Cecil Staton, issued a statement saying he understood the disappointment of some fans, but emphasized that civil discourse “part of our ECU creed.” He said the university would defend students’ constitutional right to free speech.

Then two days later, the band director and two other university officials told the band members such protests in the future would not be tolerated. A Fayetteville radio station refused to broadcast this weekend’s ECU football game as a protest of the original protest, and a marketing professor pledged to bring her gun to campus to assert her Second Amendment rights.

In the end, the faculty member, Tracy Tuten, said she did not bring a gun to campus because she didn’t want to risk being charged with a felony. She said she wanted to carry a gun because she felt unsafe after having been stalked by a student in the past.

Staton, a former Republican state senator in Georgia who took the helm at ECU on July 1, emailed the campus late Thursday in an attempt to calm the situation. Saying it was “a challenging, but wonderful time” to lead the university, Staton walked a fine line between promising freedom of expression for students while also explaining that the university would put limits on when and where protests take place.

He wrote: “To our students, let me be perfectly clear: you have the right to express yourselves peacefully and responsibly, and the right to expect to do so without fear of intimidation or violence. I will not tolerate the mistreatment of any student, and anyone who perpetrates such mistreatment will be dealt with swiftly.

“However, when necessary, I will also ensure that public safety is preserved and maintained for the benefit of all who are a part of our campus. The university has a responsibility, if necessary, to place reasonable constraints on the time, the place and the manner of expression or conduct, but within those constraints, the university respects and will defend that right.”

Staton said the situation at ECU is no different than those at other universities around the country. “We are an imperfect campus in an imperfect society,” he said, and asked everyone to resolve differences peacefully.

ECU’s hometown, Greenville, is in a military friendly part of North Carolina, and two band members’ held a U.S. flag during the game last weekend as a sort of counterbalance to the students who kneeled. Staton, while expressing respect for the First Amendment, pointed out “the deep relationship our university has with the military and the men and women who serve and have served.”

Tuten, the faculty member, posted an on her website under the heading #AllRightsMatter. “We have First Amendment rights because of the sacrifices made by those who defended and won this country’s freedom. We also have other rights,” she wrote. “While I support the spirit of Dr. Staton’s message, I am disheartened that only the First Amendment is mentioned in his letter.”

ECU is due to play the University of South Florida in Tampa on Saturday, but has a home game Oct. 13 with Navy. All eyes will be on the band at that Thursday night game.

Meanwhile, ECU’s Board of Trustees has scheduled a special meeting on Tuesday. It’s unclear whether the protest prompted the meeting.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    There are rules and guidelines in our society, and when you put on the uniform of a band you have to follow the rules and guidelines of that uniform

This ? idiot..
  • Fly society513
    Fly society513 Members Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Add another ? to the list

http://atlantablackstar.com/2016/09/30/venus-williams-states-all-lives-matter-response-serenas-heartfelt-post-police-brutality/
    After Venus completed her matches in the Wuhan Open, reporters asked the defending champion about her sister Serena’s comments.

How important do you think it is for you and your sister and other Black athletes to speak out on those issues?” a journalist asked during the press conference.

“I haven’t seen the post,” Venus replied in transcripts captured by ASAP Sports. “I think all lives matter, so … I can’t really comment"

She has a baby and is married to a cac. But ? on her not knowing what's going on. Her sister does so how could she not

• Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope Kaepernick ? the ? out on Sunday. Coming from a Raiders fan.

As far as cable goes, they're most definitely losing money. They're finding loopholes to attempt to make money. My girl said something about our bill being super high. I switched internet providers. And were we're getting a PS4 strictly for PS Vue. The way they've billed us the past 2 months is most definitely a sign of thirst.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't like Kap starting against the Bills, our defense looks like it's coming around and we will have Darius back. No to mention it's a road game.

I'll be there tho and it will be the only time I cheer for a non Bills player at the Ralph.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ever notice the black quarterbacks almost NEVER have any time in the pocket? I predict Kaep will get hurt within 2 weeks because someone on the offensive line refuses to block.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I told ? after the Tamir Rice killing.. This ? doesn't stand for nothing.. The only time this ? wants to take a real stand is when other ? are standing right next to him.. Because if ? gets real and the criticism starts.. He wants to be able to run and hide behind those same ? standing next him for cover...

...I DIDNT HEAR HIM SAY NOTHIN ABOUT SPONSORS DOE...
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Ever notice the black quarterbacks almost NEVER have any time in the pocket? I predict Kaep will get hurt within 2 weeks because someone on the offensive line refuses to block.

In like the 90s I highly doubt this happens just because the qb is black in today's for many reasons