The Official 2016-2017 NFL Season Thread.

Options

Comments

• Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    d.green wrote: »
    Martellus sounds like a ? when talking about Witten. It aint his job to help him take his spot or to be his friend. Martellus is ballin now, but he was ass in Dallas in an offense that was built for him to flourish. All he did was drop passes. That aint on Witten. That's on him and the coaches. He just seems salty Witten was better than he was.

But yeah.... ? Jason Garrett.

I could see Witten not helping out a young talented TE cuz he was afraid of getting his spot took. I don't really remember Martellus with the Cowboys. Maybe he would've flourished elsewhere

I remember thinking Bennett was brought in to replace Witten eventually. We rode the bench hard in Dallas.

Most vets do offer to help the rookies. Not to take their jobs but to show them the ropes of the position and the NFL overall.

I believe if Witten wasn't a Cowboy he would probably be out of the league by now.

I don't think TO liked Witten either.

That was mostly because Witten was getting like 10/12 looks a game and TO felt the ball should have been throne his way every pass play.

He didn't realize the benefit of a QB having a hall of fame tight end for a security blanket...this was before dallas had an excellent oline...i remember watching dallas...anytime Tony got pressure he scrambled or tossed the pigskin to Witten n moved on to the next play. That's how Witten would have monster numbers every year...at least part of the reason

Bomani Jones was just talking to somebody on his show and said "Jason Witten is not a HOF player"

Witten is a product of getting the ball thrown a lot to you but He's still a hof.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    Martellus sounds like a ? when talking about Witten. It aint his job to help him take his spot or to be his friend. Martellus is ballin now, but he was ass in Dallas in an offense that was built for him to flourish. All he did was drop passes. That aint on Witten. That's on him and the coaches. He just seems salty Witten was better than he was.

I could see Witten not helping out a young talented TE cuz he was afraid of getting his spot took. I don't really remember Martellus with the Cowboys. Maybe he would've flourished elsewhere

I remember thinking Bennett was brought in to replace Witten eventually. We rode the bench hard in Dallas.

Most vets do offer to help the rookies. Not to take their jobs but to show them the ropes of the position and the NFL overall.

I believe if Witten wasn't a Cowboy he would probably be out of the league by now.

That was mostly because Witten was getting like 10/12 looks a game and TO felt the ball should have been throne his way every pass play.

He didn't realize the benefit of a QB having a hall of fame tight end for a security blanket...this was before dallas had an excellent oline...i remember watching dallas...anytime Tony got pressure he scrambled or tossed the pigskin to Witten n moved on to the next play. That's how Witten would have monster numbers every year...at least part of the reason

Bomani Jones was just talking to somebody on his show and said "Jason Witten is not a HOF player"

Witten is a product of getting the ball thrown a lot to you but He's still a hof.

What does this even mean?

He gets open, so he gets the ball thrown to him. Bomani's a ? .
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just stop, you're better than this.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't know how Witten is "good" he is slow footed. Guess route running is more important than I realized. Guys like Witten and Wes Welker should not be in the NFL I played with way more talented players that threw it away
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao Witten is top 10 in multiple categories for tight ends he's sure handed and dependable yall in here talking crazy
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol route running is the main reason Antonio Borwn is so deadly that ? matters otherwise it wouldn't be an attribute on Madden
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    Lol route running is the main reason Antonio Borwn is so deadly that ? matters otherwise it wouldn't be an attribute on Madden

Too add to that the fact he's an outstanding route runner, he also has amazing footwork. He's quick AND fast as hell, which is a skill that the majority of wr's don't have.

What seperates him is the fact that he's a student of the game. He knows CB's tendencies and knows defenses like the back of his hand.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Witten's longevity is aided by being Romo's buddy and being a Dallas good ole boy.
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Witten's longevity is aided by being Romo's buddy and being a Dallas good ole boy.

Witten has never missed a single game during his entire NFL career. There's always a spot for durable players like him especially with the skills he has. Like Herman Edwards always says a player's best asset is "being available" aka not hurt all the time like alot of these ? these days are. Anyways here's his comments on Marcellus:

When asked about his former teammate on Thursday, Witten decided to take the high road.

"Busy schedule, I'll make sure to get around to that real quick to see it," Witten said about the program. "I did hear about it. Marty is a good player. He really is. He enjoys entertaining, but I'm glad he's in a good place now and he's having a good year so far. He is. He's a good football player."
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kam Chancellor is questionable, for Sunday's game, with a groin injury.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    I'm gonna need y'all to put some RESPEK on my boy Witten's name bruh. Matellus Bennett was trash in Dallas, ? that ? .
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Can't believe some of the ? that I just read. ? Witten but cmon son.
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Witten was also a really good blocking tight end as well, one of the more underrated parts about his game
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    Witten was also a really good blocking tight end as well, one of the more underrated parts about his game

In his prime Jason Witten was hands down the best all around tight end in the NFL, excellent route runner, excellent hands, and excellent blocker (in the trenches or down field), there is a reason he is a 4x all pro and a 10 time pro bowler, like I said put some RESPEK on my boys name.
  • Olorun22
    Options

In his prime Jason Witten was hands down the best all around tight end in the NFL, excellent route runner, excellent hands, and excellent blocker (in the trenches or down field), there is a reason he is a 4x all pro and a 10 time pro bowler, like I said put some RESPEK on my boys name.

not true tony g was still playing in witten prime
  • Olorun22
    edited October 2016
    Options

So yall just going to do my posted like that?

7565499.jpg
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah id take tony over jason too but witten is a HOF
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options

Gonzalez wasn't a better blocker than Witten bruh.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So out of the 3 categories you listed, Witten was only better in 1 in your opinion?
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gronk is way better than Witten ever was lol
  • Olorun22
    Options
    Dude talks out of his ass a lot in here. I tried to call him out but he ignored it and tried to act like it never happened. He's on the list of posters I just scroll past when it comes to Football.

Is this directed at me?
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    KingHustle wrote: »

So out of the 3 categories you listed, Witten was only better in 1 in your opinion?

I mean what was Gonzalez definitively better than Witten at? He was more athletic I'll give Tony G that much.