Young_Chitlin needs sound advice CARAJO

Options
Young_Chitlin
Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
I found out that I'm going to become a dad for the first time... needless to say I'm in a bit of shock and would appreciate advice from any parents on here on want to do, What to buy any advice you have, words of wisdom anything you want to share, etc .

Comments

• BrideofKilla
    BrideofKilla Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Congrats, chitlin!!
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Patience patience patience ....... and don't expect to have a good night's sleep for months
    Only good vibes around the baby ...... I noticed that my kids was always in a ? mood when I had a ? attitude ...... oh yeah ...... patience
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Patience and a lot of love and a lot of strengthening who you are and always learning to be a better person and example and a leader to guide your one to success and greatness.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    Max. wrote: »

He or she will be a raiders fan that's for sure
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. Congrats, broski

2. keep a good relationship w the mother

have patience, understanding and love

ur first kid, so u will feel overwhelmed.. prob cuz I have 6 kids but tbh it's a breeze.. it's fun... everyday is a huge teaching moment
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peace brother.

Just support the mother for now, make sure to stay close enough with her to actually be a real presence during your kids early years.

When you find out the sex, thats a different but necessary conversation you should entertain with your brothers.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Appriciate your woman's figure before she gets all big and extra prego.... it may never be the same again. :'(:bawling::'(:bawling:
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't feed him/her none of that ? you be posting and they should live a long prosperous life.

Your girl gonna want all that ? u be posting a lil later into the pregnancy.

1time i was asked to stop by 3 differents spots for carryout... for a single meal.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't feed him/her none of that ? you be posting and they should live a long prosperous life.

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    Get your baby used to sleeping in their own room in their crib, and as early as possible get their ? on a good sleep schedule. I'm 24 so I'm at the age where 60-70 percent of my high school friends are having kids, too many horror stories of their kids/babies sleeping with the parents ruining sleeping arrangements, which could have an effect on your relationship.

My fiancé and I have had my son in his own room since he was three months old. And he's been sleeping at 8:30-9, for a bout a year now (he's two) and it's the best part of our days. He's asleep in his room and me and wifey watch movies, talk, prepare for the next day. Lol

In the first six months as the poster mentioned above, be prepared for sleepless nights, and don't put the burden on your lady to to do all of the night time bottles and soothing. I made a mistake the first two months of not helping at night and my fiancé broke down crying one night. After that we took turns.

Also don't be buying expensive clothes for your baby, the occasional Jordan or nice outfit for a family gathering is okay but you'll realize babies grow way too quick to be dropping crazy money on them for everyday wear. Go to goodwill, or the consignment stores where you can get ? for dimes on the dollar.

Mayne I got advice for days. Lol hit me up!

Will do hermano
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    If you have son...make sure he know Manchester is red!

I'll explain the rivalry and why Manchester is blue each of the 9 months
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Be there for the mother, stay calm n dont be afraid of making mistakes, its all not that serious or hard fam...brace yourself for the high possibility of everyone around you - inlaws/fam etc, your chick and yourself - becoming unrational/emotionally unstable and/? people you barely know/everybody and their madres giving you (unasked) advice...patience is a virtue, I wanted to slap the ? outta my father inlaw the first couple of weeks after my son was born for checking/doubting everything I did - and that ? missed the 1st year of both his kids so he didnt even know wtf he was talking about - but I showed restrained and might have been an overprotective bastard...? I still might be.

Just remember the baby is yours, youre the boss, your own fam now and enjoy, nothing is greater than chilling with your baby...
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    Be there for the mother, stay calm n dont be afraid of making mistakes, its all not that serious or hard fam...brace yourself for the high possibility of everyone around you - inlaws/fam etc, your chick and yourself - becoming unrational/emotionally unstable and/? people you barely know/everybody and their madres giving you (unasked) advice...patience is a virtue, I wanted to slap the ? outta my father inlaw the first couple of weeks after my son was born for checking/doubting everything I did - and that ? missed the 1st year of both his kids so he didnt even know wtf he was talking about - but I showed restrained and might have been an overprotective bastard...? I still might be.

Just remember the baby is yours, youre the boss, your own fam now and enjoy, nothing is greater than chilling with your baby...

Thank you for the advice hermano
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    Oh my kid's EDD is in June middle of, he or she will be a Gemini
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't put siraca saucesor whatever on it