Betrayal:We Were Never Friends. We Just Grew Up Together.Hidden Racism

Options

Comments

• obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had fake friendships in college with white people. I don't even have the energy for that anymore. The forced conversations, not being able to completely be myself, always feeling like I'm wearing a mask, etc. I would have to go from using the word "? " about 15 times a day to 2 when I'm around a white friend. I'm just not comfortable.

It's such an illustration of the extra work you have to do as a minority to resonate with the greater public. Around white people, I don't feel like I have the luxury of just existing. It's like we have to prove our humanity, and if you lack the charm and other social skills to make that easily digestible for them, well, good luck to you. I'm too old for that now. They gotta kiss my ass. I bring my chitlins to work, heat them up in the break room and dare somebody to say some ? . Life's too short.

lol @ to around 2. The N word is like ? , you can never full give it up huh?

It's so hard :weary:
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    white friends???

yo this ? got my dying
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had fake friendships in college with white people. I don't even have the energy for that anymore. The forced conversations, not being able to completely be myself, always feeling like I'm wearing a mask, etc. I would have to go from using the word "? " about 15 times a day to 2 when I'm around a white friend. I'm just not comfortable.

It's such an illustration of the extra work you have to do as a minority to resonate with the greater public. Around white people, I don't feel like I have the luxury of just existing. It's like we have to prove our humanity, and if you lack the charm and other social skills to make that easily digestible for them, well, good luck to you. I'm too old for that now. They gotta kiss my ass. I bring my chitlins to work, heat them up in the break room and dare somebody to say some ? . Life's too short.

I feel u on the bolded
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    being born in NY as a child I remember beign around ricans, nigerians, west indians, and black folk. No white people. Growing up in Tuskegee AL which is 99% black I didnt interact with any white people unless I went to Auburn or Montgomery. The white folk there were racists but adults growing up always warned us about it esp in Auburn. Military and college is where I really started dealing with white people. I am a super blunt to the point person and it rubbed a lot of them the wrong way. I will say this being in basic training I met a white boy from like Idaho or somewhere. He had never met black folk in his life and his only experience around us was what his parents told him and tv. I talked to him and he was cool and that experience opened my eyes to the a lot of white folk are ignorant due to experiences and are molded by their parents to be racist. With that said I have experienced it too many times where they will suppose to be ur "friend" but dont have ur back when sit hit the fan or play stupid about racial stuff. I remember having to bail my homie out of jail last year. He was devastated cuz his white friend of over 15 years hung up the phone in his face when he called him from jail smh. I just hang with my people and keep it moving.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    a.mann wrote: »
    Coincidentally enough,I was just talking about how practically all my old Army buddies are NOW realizing something I've know since day one.
    Damn near ALL the white cats they THOUGHT was cool and they friends?
    The ones we serviced with.....deployed with in war zones...literally in a life or death situations
    Harbor deep-seated racism and bigotry

They are now disheartened learning the true feelings of their "white battle buddies "
    Exposed by:
    1. The election and re-election of Barrack Obama as President.

2. By the social & racial upraising caused by the murders of Trayvon Martin,Eric Garner etc.....

3.By the nomination of Donald Trump

I'm not a "racist" or "anti-white". I don't go out my way to show hatred,disrespect,vilify or demonize white folk.
    That's not in my nature.
    I treat ALL people with respect and curiosity, until to they SHOW me otherwise they aren't worthy of such.
    To be honest it's quite a few white people I'll helped out who were in a jam,even when I could have easily turned my back.

I try to do the right thing,because it's right. How you personal ""feel"" about me matters not.
    It's when you express those thoughts in the physical realm that I treat you accordingly.

But still.........

14690925_1296215620411759_1894316640735258776_n.jpg

I drilled with nothing but rednecks. ? would be segregated. White folk are cool when it's convenient or when it benefits them.

this is what it boils down too.They wanna jam our music have sex with our women act like us and even talk like us but deep down when our issues arise they think we arent on the same level as them
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You deserve a whoopin
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    Options

You deserve a whoopin

My people from the south. This what we eat.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    Options

You deserve a whoopin

No excuse. Leave that garbage alone. Fyi. That's slave food and blacks eat it from slavery, not because they from the south.

It was indeed slave food, which is why I feel honorbound to eat them. That is just another testament to the resilience and fortitude of black people. Making lemonade out of lemons, if you will. They carry a legacy of survival that I'm not ashamed of and don't wanna lose sight of. And they taste GOOD. :lol:
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You deserve a whoopin

No excuse. Leave that garbage alone. Fyi. That's slave food and blacks eat it from slavery, not because they from the south.

It was indeed slave food, which is why I feel honorbound to eat them. That is just another testament to the resilience and fortitude of black people. Making lemonade out of lemons, if you will. They carry a legacy of survival that I'm not ashamed of and don't wanna lose sight of. And they taste GOOD. :lol:

Never ate them but they stank so I don't believe they taste good lol
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You deserve a whoopin

My Family Is from Alabama, Tennessee and South Carolina.

That aint no excuse. Thats slave food.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol @ to around 2. The N word is like ? , you can never full give it up huh?

It's so hard :weary:

lol I know. I ain't judging. I've tried to stop saying it like 10 times. One time I went a week without saying it and thought I had it beat. Then my boy told me what some dude I didn't like was saying and I instantly said "? that ? ." It came out so smooth. 15 to 2 might be the best any of us can do.
  • alliknowishate
    alliknowishate Members Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I don't ? with hunkies. One white dude I do somewhat mess with grew up in the projects and sound blacks all his life. He even has mixed kids. The irony of this is I asked him why he don't ? with white ? and his exact words were that he doesn't find white ? attractive. ? blew my mind
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I work wit them anti-Obama. And I'm pretty sure behind closed doors, they've expressed their true racial views.

The seeds of racism was already planted in her white friends minds. She just witnessed the blossoming of hate.
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i got like 3 white friends that ive been cool with since kindergarten
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I refuse to call a white person my friend until I can see them when ? gets real, because a lot them ain't about that life, and I ain't never been about being a token. It was always fun growing up seeing white girls get mad when you didn't kiss their ass and put them on a pedestal, or white boys when they got in their feelings and switched up after you killed them in a video game or basketball, or when their girl is too friendly with you. I'm a natural ? , so seeing their red face and the salt in their demeanor when I was just being me always brought joy to my soul. Even when I see their ? on social media now I don't unfriend them, I just post more memes cracking on ? that white people do and pro-blackness until they unfriend me. They be almost scared to speak when they see me in Walmart lol.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some people are way too sensitive... I grew up around plenty white people and was friends with some of them, but honestly when I see their opinions or see their hate, it doesnt make me mad.

I'm not close to these people now, and never was. Peoples opinions have never made me feel anything other than is this person right or wrong. I am not about to get all emo and start FB battling an idiot or question my life because my fake white friends are being white...

Anyway, of course there are cool white folks, but at the end of the day, their opinions about life are shaped by their skin color, whether they empathize or not, and unless you conform to their whiteness/are well-off, you are not going to be their preferential friend.

I always thought "white people aren't are real friends" went with out saying. Hell, I'd go a step further and say no one is really your "real friend" because if the circumstances are right 9.9/10 people will turn their backs on you.

Racism is never hidden, some people are just too blind to see it until it is blatantly obvious. It's not surprising though that it would be a black person who grew up around all whites who ends up surprised by a fact of life.
  • MazterChef
    MazterChef Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The writer of this article took that ? to heart lol
    "Betrayal" i swore it was gonna be some super deep ? .
    People grow apart it doesnt mean they are racist etc etc
  • Mseries_
    Mseries_ Members Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MallyG wrote: »

Well.... ? if I was in the breakroom, and u started heating that '? ' up, I'd be lookin' like...

a21l4m3ws1ud.jpg

But outta respect (being that you're OB) and respect for my taste buds, I'd jus have to take my lunch elsewhere while walkin' out like....

tg3b6maan9jc.gif

Hell I look like sitting there lettin' my food taste like yours by just breathin' that ? in. lol

Q. What is Yersinia enterocolitica?
    A. Yersinia enterocolitica is a bacterium found in the intestine of hogs that can cause diarrheal illness in humans. Infections caused by these bacteria are called yersiniosis. Swine and meat products from swine are the primary source of illness from Yersinia in humans.

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/food-safety-education/get-answers/food-safety-fact-sheets/foodborne-illness-and-disease/yersiniosis-and-chitterlings/ct_index
  • MazterChef
    MazterChef Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Around white people, I don't feel like I have the luxury of just existing. It's like we have to prove our humanity, and if you lack the charm and other social skills to make that easily digestible for them, well, good luck to you. I'm too old for that now. They gotta kiss my ass. I bring my chitlins to work, heat them up in the break room and dare somebody to say some ? . Life's too short.
    man wtf lol
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You deserve a whoopin

It was indeed slave food, which is why I feel honorbound to eat them.
    That is just another testament to the resilience and fortitude of black people. Making lemonade out of lemons, if you will. They carry a legacy of survival that I'm not ashamed of and don't wanna lose sight of. And they taste GOOD. :lol:

2i1e1k3.jpg

wegschmeinp4dwa75.gif
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    Who brings chitlins to work, though? If that ain't the most country ? ever lol.

Ob said that as if black folks enjoy the smell of chitlins. Lol