Comments

• T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Ether44mag wrote: »
    This guy is right. When I was 25 I knew that being a "thug" wouldn't change the conditions of the Black community...you'd just end up dead or in jail, which is what happened to 2Pac and Suge.

I knew that when I was 20 and when I was 15. I even knew that when I was 10.

The whole "thug life" persona never made any sense. He was acting like a gangsta because it sold records but he COULDN'T have honestly thought he was a positive role model for struggling youth.

In fact, I remember around that time OJ was on trial for murder. Both attorney's for the case were Black, OJ's lawyer was Johnny Cochran and the Prosecutor was Christopher Darden, both brown skinned. And Colin Powell was in the news because he was in the president's cabinet. And then you had Minister Farrakhan and the Million Man March. Those are the real role models for the Black community, compare their accomplishments to some guy with a bandana and THUG LIFE tattooed across his chest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug78aVtkuVI

smh...He died at 25 !!! thats young as hell !! but we saw flashes of what was to come...but I guess you didnt ,because you love whitey and think that an agressive black man who speaks his mind is negative ,you brainwashed but dont even know it ,those same stereotypes probably makes you look at africans in poor countries negatively or think lightskin is automatically more apealing than dark skin ,his moms was a black panther ,what did the black panthers do ? talk loud and carried guns ,white people call em a terrorist group ,were they ? nope ,get the message man some people have to be violent sometimes all violence is not negative he was just young and sometimes did negative stuff like jumpin that guy at the tyson fight to show his homies he was down even if he was a star because he was that type of guy ,loyal to a fault

25 isn't THAT young. In fact, he was only 2 years older than me. When I heard of his antics on TV or in The Source I couldn't understand it. He didn't make any sense. Minister Farrakhan made sense. The Million Man March made sense. Thug Life doesn't make any sense and you're a fool if you think it does.

I was 23 when Pac died. I'll admit he made good music but as a leader, he wasn't leading anybody anywhere but a cell or a grave.

We are talking about the 90s here. Them times were more real than today imo. 25 is young. My older brother was 22 & my older cousin was about 24. They were in the streets. From my brother pulling his pistol out on niccas & shooting at a cousin (that he didn't know they were related lol) to my troublesome cousin throwing a nicca threw a window at the club & this is just a snippet of things that they done in their early 20s in the 90s.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    All I was doin was ? ? , tryna stack some paper and post on the IC not yet a mod I think
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All I was doin was ? ? , tryna stack some paper and post on the IC not yet a mod I think

They need let other ppl be mods.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    25 is old now?
  • Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    This guy is right. When I was 25 I knew that being a "thug" wouldn't change the conditions of the Black community...you'd just end up dead or in jail, which is what happened to 2Pac and Suge.

The whole "thug life" persona never made any sense. He was acting like a gangsta because it sold records but he COULDN'T have honestly thought he was a positive role model for struggling youth.

In fact, I remember around that time OJ was on trial for murder. Both attorney's for the case were Black, OJ's lawyer was Johnny Cochran and the Prosecutor was Christopher Darden, both brown skinned. And Colin Powell was in the news because he was in the president's cabinet. And then you had Minister Farrakhan and the Million Man March. Those are the real role models for the Black community, compare their accomplishments to some guy with a bandana and THUG LIFE tattooed across his chest.

smh...He died at 25 !!! thats young as hell !! but we saw flashes of what was to come...but I guess you didnt ,because you love whitey and think that an agressive black man who speaks his mind is negative ,you brainwashed but dont even know it ,those same stereotypes probably makes you look at africans in poor countries negatively or think lightskin is automatically more apealing than dark skin ,his moms was a black panther ,what did the black panthers do ? talk loud and carried guns ,white people call em a terrorist group ,were they ? nope ,get the message man some people have to be violent sometimes all violence is not negative he was just young and sometimes did negative stuff like jumpin that guy at the tyson fight to show his homies he was down even if he was a star because he was that type of guy ,loyal to a fault

25 isn't THAT young. In fact, he was only 2 years older than me. When I heard of his antics on TV or in The Source I couldn't understand it. He didn't make any sense. Minister Farrakhan made sense. The Million Man March made sense. Thug Life doesn't make any sense and you're a fool if you think it does.

I was 23 when Pac died. I'll admit he made good music but as a leader, he wasn't leading anybody anywhere but a cell or a grave.

at 25 malcolm X was still called Detroit Red ,he was a street Hustler ,chew on that ?

And MLK was leading the Montgomery bus boycott, and Huey P & Bobby Seale started The Black Panthers at the same age also, chew on that ? .

wait a minute lol what is your point ? your rebuttal dont make no sense, nobody said he was above Huey P or any other revolutionaries ,my point is that he died too early and that greater things were still to come ,naming people who did it at 25 dont eliminate the fact that malcolm X was not there yet at that young age ,it only shows how great Huey P and those guys were
  • Ether44mag
    edited November 2016
    Options
    ikesmood wrote: »
    Pac sold his soul to a ? named Suge. It all went down after me against theworld. All eyes on me was not him.

He wrote that album in like a week after getting out of jail for something he didnt do, do you know people who went to jail ? Have you ever went to jail ? I did ,when you first get out it takes you like a couple months to get back to your normal self ,now imagine you get out of jail and are automatically around other thugs ,fame and money ,you gon' wild out !...makavelli sounded like the "Me against the world" Pac and that was only like 6 months later @ikesmood

and I think some people got it twisted a little bit...I'm not saying Pac was above Huey P or Malcolm X ,but in Hip Hop he was a powerful voice and he had good intentions for black people , he was not only about money and ? ,he really cared and thugs could relate to him and would listen when he spoke about important issues ,we dont have anybody like that in hip hop no more ,we see flashes from some people but...
  • Mr 202
    Mr 202 Members Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PAC was confused, he didn't know if he wanted to be a revolutionary or a gangster.no excuses PAC could have been Bob Marley status but he was too reckless and was not very smart with a lot of decisions he made.he died broke too
    He made good music but he was not a leader and he was more obsessed with his own death than changing the black community.
    During the beef Biggie stayed quiet and y'all ? thought he was scared and yes he was scared because he knew that ? could lead to their deaths. I mean Biggie was on some"if it's trouble let me know I'll be on my way,I got kids to feed"?
    I'm mad at PAC because both of them could possible be alive today if it wasn't for his craziness.
    With that said, this ? that made the video said ? are always emotional and his ? ass
    Got emotional talking about PAC.
    one thing that cannot be taken aware from PAC,
    He made GOAT level music and he was respected by his peers across all coasts
  • Ether44mag
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Mr 202 wrote: »
    PAC was confused, he didn't know if he wanted to be a revolutionary or a gangster.no excuses PAC could have been Bob Marley status but he was too reckless and was not very smart with a lot of decisions he made.he died broke too
    He made good music but he was not a leader and he was more obsessed with his own death than changing the black community.
    During the beef Biggie stayed quiet and y'all ? thought he was scared and yes he was scared because he knew that ? could lead to their deaths. I mean Biggie was on some"if it's trouble let me know I'll be on my way,I got kids to feed"?
    I'm mad at PAC because both of them could possible be alive today if it wasn't for his craziness.
    With that said, this ? that made the video said ? are always emotional and his ? ass
    Got emotional talking about PAC.
    one thing that cannot be taken aware from PAC,
    He made GOAT level music and he was respected by his peers across all coasts

fact ,he was confused he even admitted that it was scary to him that so many people wanted him to be THE leader but he was young and had a good heart but also had alot of rage in him...when you have those characteristics ,and you are dealing with fame at the same time ,it takes a liitle time to have a good plan especially when you dont have your money right ,people forget he only spent about 6 months on death row!!! 6 months!! before that he was in jail ,before that he got shot and was going to court for a ? trial thats what people forget ...6 months !!
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

at 25 malcolm X was still called Detroit Red ,he was a street Hustler ,chew on that ?

And MLK was leading the Montgomery bus boycott, and Huey P & Bobby Seale started The Black Panthers at the same age also, chew on that ? .

wait a minute lol what is your point ? your rebuttal dont make no sense, nobody said he was above Huey P or any other revolutionaries ,my point is that he died too early and that greater things were still to come ,naming people who did it at 25 dont eliminate the fact that malcolm X was not there yet at that young age ,it only shows how great Huey P and those guys were

What confused you? You used Malcolm X as an example that at an young age(25) your're still growing as a person. Which was a fair point.

I just gave you examples of people who did show growth and maturity at a young age(25). What was so difficult for you to understand.

• king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What confused you? You used Malcolm X as an example that at an young age(25) your're still growing as a person. Which was a fair point.

I just gave you examples of people who did show growth and maturity at a young age(25). What was so difficult for you to understand.
    Exactly, and how he know greater things were still to come, if if was 1/5th we'd all be ?
  • Ether44mag
    edited November 2016
    Options

I showed an exemple of someone who did not reach his potential YET at 25 (i.e Malcolm X) because that was my point ; Tupac showed glimpses of what he could become but died too soon...

you tellin me that someone accomplished more than him at 25 dont mean nothing except that those people did it very quickly

that would be like If tim duncan died in his 3rd year of college and people predicted he would be an hall of famer and you responding with ( kobe and lebron were all stars already at the same age ) that would only prove that lebron and kobe were phenoms and got better quicker but dont negate the fact that duncan would still go on to become a hall of famer ....get it now ? lol your point is useless
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options

I showed an exemple of someone who did not reach his potential YET at 25 (i.e Malcolm X) because that was my point ; Tupac showed glimpses of what he could become but died too soon...

you tellin me that someone accomplished more than him at 25 dont mean nothing except that those people did it very quickly

that would be like If tim duncan died in his 3rd year of college and people predicted he would be an hall of famer and you responding with ( kobe and lebron were all stars already at the same age ) that would only prove that lebron and kobe were phenoms and got better quicker but dont negate the fact that duncan would still go on to become a hall of famer ....get it now ? lol your point is useless

If my perfect counterpoint was useless. Then what does that make your original point?

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    'Pac still get 'puters 'putin . ...
  • Ether44mag
    edited November 2016
    Options

If my perfect counterpoint was useless. Then what does that make your original point?

are you slow ? my point was that he didnt have time to accomplish alot of things that he wanted to do and used an exemple of someone else who would not had time to do great things if he died at the same age ...naming people who did do more things at 25 is irrelevant ,they are exceptions ,exceptions can only confirm that its not the norm! like lebron james and kobe are not the norm ! that dont mean that if a player is not an all star at 19 that it wont happen when he is a litle older in the league like most people who get in their prime around 25-26 years old

its ? simple ! if curry died in his second season in the nba and some people said he was on his way to become the best shooter of all time and you responded with " he was not even an all star " and I said " ray allen was not an all star yet neither in his second season " and then you respond with : "kobe and lebron were all stars in their second season " that would be irreleavant ...do you get it now ? or are you too insecure to admit that you get my point ? hahaha
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dont understand how this gets an ether.. different times/circumstances breed different people. some people have a path cut out for them others go off the unbeaten path.. these cats are different.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think what most of yall are missing is despite the fact that Pac ? up, ALOT, he was still the only rapper I can think of with such a big stage who was actually willing to change or stand up for ANYTHING.

Name another one please... Just one, not someone who just made conscious music, but who also used every opportunity in the press to say something profound or passionate, question ? , shake ? up, not just be docile, humorous and enjoy his money and fame/privacy.

Thats the difference, yall act like white people the way yall judge this man, yeah he did some ? ? ? , but he also had the ability to change ? in this world and he knew it.

Unfortunately his narrative was written for him when he died, and even more unfortunately alot of his target audience took the media's word for and ran with it. Now he is an ignorant thug, a ballerina to some, fake ? to others, but why do you choose to remember him like that? That's a personal preference that comes from ? knows where.

The ? wasnt Jesus, but he also wasn't Jay Z. He wasn't afraid to lose sponsors or support, he spoke his mind, acted as he felt, fought for what he believed and honestly it's those traits that got him killed. People like Pac aren't meant to live in this world, people can't take truth and honesty in that dosage, their cognitive shock kicks in and they try to explain it away by injecting their insecurities into it.

Every great man has serious faults, but they shouldnt be written off because of them, especially if their legacy has a better side to it. Pac's accomplishment was empowerment, standing up, being some version of a man that maybe doesnt translate to becoming a politician or business man, but might help a down trodden soul get through the day.

It's amazing how much we hate on people, when we ourselves have all done foul ass ? that sits in the back of our minds daily. Touch a million people in anyway at all before you die and then maybe you come in here and start saying this man didnt do ? for anyone.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options

Dont understand how this gets an ether.. different times/circumstances breed different people. some people have a path cut out for them others go off the unbeaten path.. these cats are different.

This is why

I think what most of yall are missing is despite the fact that Pac ? up, ALOT, he was still the only rapper I can think of with such a big stage who was actually willing to change or stand up for ANYTHING.

Name another one please... Just one, not someone who just made conscious music, but who also used every opportunity in the press to say something profound or passionate, question ? , shake ? up, not just be docile, humorous and enjoy his money and fame/privacy.

Thats the difference, yall act like white people the way yall judge this man, yeah he did some ? ? ? , but he also had the ability to change ? in this world and he knew it.

Unfortunately his narrative was written for him when he died, and even more unfortunately alot of his target audience took the media's word for and ran with it. Now he is an ignorant thug, a ballerina to some, fake ? to others, but why do you choose to remember him like that? That's a personal preference that comes from ? knows where.

The ? wasnt Jesus, but he also wasn't Jay Z. He wasn't afraid to lose sponsors or support, he spoke his mind, acted as he felt, fought for what he believed and honestly it's those traits that got him killed. People like Pac aren't meant to live in this world, people can't take truth and honesty in that dosage, their cognitive shock kicks in and they try to explain it away by injecting their insecurities into it.

Every great man has serious faults, but they shouldnt be written off because of them, especially if their legacy has a better side to it. Pac's accomplishment was empowerment, standing up, being some version of a man that maybe doesnt translate to becoming a politician or business man, but might help a down trodden soul get through the day.

It's amazing how much we hate on people, when we ourselves have all done foul ass ? that sits in the back of our minds daily. Touch a million people in anyway at all before you die and then maybe you come in here and start saying this man didnt do ? for anyone.

Yes, Pac COULD HAVE been some new world revolutionary, but you stans talk like it was a ? given that he was going to be.

Yeah Pac SAID some thought provoking ? , but then he'd DO some dumb ? that make you think it was just talk. One of which, got him killed.

• Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm a pac fan and ? but personally mentioning him in the same sentence as Malcolm and Martin annoys the ? outta me.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    edited November 2016
    Options

are you slow ? my point was that he didnt have time to accomplish alot of things that he wanted to do and used an exemple of someone else who would not had time to do great things if he died at the same age ...naming people who did do more things at 25 is irrelevant ,they are exceptions ,exceptions can only confirm that its not the norm! like lebron james and kobe are not the norm ! that dont mean that if a player is not an all star at 19 that it wont happen when he is a litle older in the league like most people who get in their prime around 25-26 years old

And are you dumb ? ? I gave you 3 people who had time to do great things if he died at the same age.

• Revolver Ocelot
    Options

its ? simple ! if curry died in his second season in the nba and some people said he was on his way to become the best shooter of all time and you responded with " he was not even an all star " and I said " ray allen was not an all star yet neither in his second season " and then you respond with : "kobe and lebron were all stars in their second season " that would be irreleavant ...do you get it now ? or are you too insecure to admit that you get my point ? hahaha

LOL. I think you're insecure I shattered your point bout your lord & savior pac
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My point is you don't have to be Malcolm X or MLK to change something or influence people. I've never held him to that standard but that doesnt mean he didnt have his own lane of importance.

And still, name one rapper who has a stage like 2Pacs and was/is willing to put it on the line to change peoples minds about anything, even if it was asinine.

Pac was special, I'm not even that big of a "stan" or anything but I recognize when someone is a unique talent and individual.
  • king hassan
    Options
    I'm a pac fan and ? but personally mentioning him in the same sentence as Malcolm and Martin annoys the ? outta me.

Some ? told me he did more for blacks than Malcolm X
  • king hassan
    Options

Some ? told me he did more for blacks than Malcolm X
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This dude got it all wrong,

first off he actually is speaking like an Uncle Tom who hates everyone who fits with the stereotypical thug / criminal image but why ? because he dont want white people to judge us ?? WHO GIVES A ? ABOUT WHAT WHITE PEOPLE THINK ? !!?? thats the ? question ! is he ashamed ? why ? YES ? thugs exist ! and I know a couple of people who are both ; thug /gangster and are also talented/inteligent ... just like he is ,didnt he say he was in the streets? right ? ok

second of all Tupac had lots of plans for the black community ,he wanted to do an death row east and was planning a one nation album with east coast rappers. He also wanted to put rules in the hood to not sell drugs during the day while kids are playing so the kids would be safe ...his time was just cut short everybody knows that and thats why so much people loved him

yeah tupac could be ignorant at times but that was part of his dual personality because if he was fake he would never show us his softer side or talk about his flaws and feelings all the time ,He actually PROVES that thugs can be good people and to not judge them too quickly

this guy is an uncle tom who deep down wishes he was white and is tired of white peoples judgment and blames it on the thugs ...Tupac was alot more complex and real individual than that fool who makes those statments actually to shock people and get views by disrespecting the dead who actually had great plans for his community

peep this video where he explains what he meant by thug life ! he was a guy who would rally people up right now while cops are shooting at us and rappers are wearing ? dresses!

peep at 1;00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=128ao5Xl_VY

president of the pac fan club post.