The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Options

Comments

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah more mandatory sentences and more tough on crime laws will be better for black people

For me it was and still is ? both Trump and Clinton.

Let me ask you a quick question.

Out of Trump and Clinton which one has actually put actions behind the bold and which one has only talked about the bold?
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    ALL this protesting is ? stupid she lost this is how democracy works in 4 years we will have another shot at electing someone else people especially young people are acting very childish right now

Look up the first amendment

The 1st Amendment does not alter the outcomes of Elections therefore all the protesting and crying is a childish waste of time.

They have the right to protest

Trump supporters shouldn't criticize when their so called leader said this back in 2012...

The fact hes our new president makes his old tweets that much more funny

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Yeah more mandatory sentences and more tough on crime laws will be better for black people

? . There. Is. Already. Mandatory. Sentences. And. Tough. On. Crime. Laws. NOW. What. In. The. Entire. ? . Is. The. Difference?
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

don't forget Trump's promise to enforce "stop & frisk" nation wide

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    So I guess y'all preferred the status quo? Trump's presidency in the long term will be good for black people. Y'all watch this play out. I don't know about y'all but what has the status quo done for black people in the US? I'm ready for a real change and if it means 4-8 years of potentially a disastrous guy like Trump in office to get us to where we need to be then good.

And like it's been said already, majority of folks aren't in a position to sacrifice 4-8 years of their lives or their family's lives
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    So I guess y'all preferred the status quo? Trump's presidency in the long term will be good for black people. Y'all watch this play out. I don't know about y'all but what has the status quo done for black people in the US? I'm ready for a real change and if it means 4-8 years of potentially a disastrous guy like Trump in office to get us to where we need to be then good.

:(

giphy.gif

The holocaust was terrible for Jews but in the long run how did that affect Jews? Exactly. Not saying we're heading to a holocaust but the point is sometimes we need to hit rock bottom before we rise up better than before.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »

don't forget Trump's promise to enforce "stop & frisk" nation wide

oh than there's this, that's just been reported

The architect of the most racist law in modern American history has been named to Trump's team

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/11/10/1595617/-The-architect-of-the-most-racist-law-in-modern-American-history-has-been-named-to-Trump-s-team?detail=facebook
    Kris Kobach, the extremely controversial Kansas Secretary of State, has been named to Donald Trump's transition team.

Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach has been asked to join President-elect Donald Trump’s transition team.

The team will advise Trump on policy issues leading up to his swearing-in in January, preparing him to begin his first 100 days in office. It’s an unpaid position for Kobach.

Kobach called the transition from Obama’s presidency to Trump’s “one of the sharpest transitions we’ve seen,” a 180-degree turn for the country.
    Why should this terrify you? Because Donald Trump has just named one of the most racist politicians in all of America to his transition team. Kris Kobach was the architect of the most racist law in modern American history.

I'm sure there is more to come...........
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

giphy.gif

The holocaust was terrible for Jews but in the long run how did that affect Jews? Exactly. Not saying we're heading to a holocaust but the point is sometimes we need to hit rock bottom before we rise up better than before.

i dont blame @Sion
    im also not tryin to explain ? to him either seein as he's outside lookin in..

he'll never understand how bad it really is out here..
    everytime i go home i see it..
    i see what this country.. this government.. those clintons did to my people..

even what it did to me..
    what i had to grow up around..
    but u hit the nail on the head.. its only after u hit that bottom.. i hit my bottom years ago and been risin ever since..

whats stoppin people from risin is they afraid of that bottom.. so if that means voting democrat for that welfare/safety net then so be it..

well these republicans bout to snatch that ? from up under them and as scary as it may be for then.. when they survive it they'll be thankful for it..

its only when u have nothin to lose when u realize u have everything to gain.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

And like it's been said already, majority of folks aren't in a position to sacrifice 4-8 years of their lives or their family's lives

Well ? em

And If I get caught in that, ? me too

Sorry but sacrifices need to be made in every struggle

Malcolm/Martin/Fred Hampton gave their life, whatever sacrifice we have to make surely won't compare

The president ain't changing your day to day life...I woke up yesterday with the same plan as I had the day before

We can't play defense for the rest of our lives and hope it gets better...it ain't about one person or one family, it's about us all

Black people taking on the characteristics of this country(always worrying about someone else instead of us)

? mad cause this ? ain't get elected like her family ain't call us super predators.you wanna forgive, cool, but she can't be president

Even if she sorry, the stigma of those words don't go away. ? 's great grandkids couldn't hold favor with the Jewish community even if they were the lesser of evils
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

giphy.gif

How many more rock bottoms do you what black people to hit???? i mean ? all this time black people didn't realize we were already at rock bottom.
  • 5th Letter
    Options

giphy.gif

If I'm not mistake I'm pretty sure it was meant to attack the wealthy jews who controlled banking & systems of industry in Germany before it spread to every jew in Germany. Are black people today in the same position across many industries ? Last I checked the jews were powerful before and after....

Not really they targeted Jews years before the holocaust similarly to how black people are getting slaughtered by race soldiers today. The excuse to put them in concentration camps came up when a Jew killed a white person and ? used that murder as an excuse to round up Jews.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    traestar wrote: »
    traestar wrote: »
    Hillary ran twice and was destroyed both times SMMFH.....

I like this quote from Jason Black: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1807140442873103&id=100007314946128&pnref=story
    White men won last night. And they didn't need ? , illegal aliens or to suck up to women to get it.
    Black men should learn a lesson from this . . . but the simps won't.

That's not a good attitude to take for the long term....discounting a portion of the population never leads to a good outcome in the long term...especially when there's more of them than us...

White supremacy is NOT about what's right and justice, ITS ABOUT POWER!!

And that was proven on election day. They have been cheating us since day one...but like the universe punishes/rewards people through karma, they will reap what they sow.

Pretty much...that's why I disagree with the there's a lesson to be learned type ? . There really isn't. For one, I'm not about emulating the actions of white folks just to prove a point that "hey we can do it too" because as you said they reap what they sow and that battle between white men and white feminists is going to play out on a very public scale once Trump actually goes about some of the policies he wants to enact or take away and those same dumb white women see just who they helped to put in office. 2nd I'm also not about discounting the women who we often say are the backbone and life blood of the community. Not sucking up, but to discount them or attempt to place them in the background/back burner won't do any good in the short or long term. Our fight should be their fight and vice versa. Ain't no gaining or maintaining that power w/o black women.

Truth be told there is an ever growing underbelly of Afrocentricism that doesn't hate white supremacy...they are jealous of it.

Alot of guys that wish they could be white men and could do all the stuff white men do. They claim to hate them but sound just like them.

This new framing of "Trump shows you racism still exists," is faulty. If people thought racism didn't exist BLM wouldn't have ever been created. There were talks of America being "post-racial" after Obama's firsr victory but that talk was short lived.

Obama winning infuriated the bottom feeders of the white populous, the defeats were crushing on a symbolic level. These people felt neutered so they begam acting out more than ever.

Donald Trump is someone they can idolize. Its not just that he's white (Hillary is also white its like people forgot this), its that they can live vicariously through Trump. Trump says the things they wish they could say, he does the things they wish they could do so his victory is their victory.

Now they got their ? back, they can walk around kicking over sand castles and laughing at the downtrodden. They're the kings of the world again, for at least 4 years.

Truth is though, 4 years is a long time. This jubilance is going to be short lived. It will take awhile, maybe a year or two into his term but they will realize they made an emotional decision for temporary feel goods and ultimately they screwed themselves too.

Like I said previously Trump's America is going to be very different from Bush's and Reagan's because he is very different and because his campaign was run on anger at the establishment and fear of minorities.

After 2-3 yeara you're no longer the "reform" candidate, your the incumbent. After 2-3 years we will see his policies begin to take shape, we will have seen the antics, heard the speeches and I'm going to predict people aren't going to like what they see and hear.

I might be wrong but I don't think so. For minorities this is going to be a ride through high turbulence, you're going to need some thick skin and determination to get through this without wanting to ice somebody.

Trump's victory is also symbolic, its symbolic of anti-establishment politics working, and that hatred still lives in the hearts of many Americans.
  • 5th Letter
    Options

giphy.gif

How many more rock bottoms do you what black people to hit???? i mean ? all this time black people didn't realize we were already at rock bottom.

What's the definition of insanity?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It is odd that people are being so reactionary.
    Obama being elected didn't mean white folks stopped being racists and Trump being elected doesn't mean there are more racists now.

Both elections were more about shunning the status quo and going in a new direction of populism. These elections are not as much about race as they are people grasping at straws in attempt to change society.

Trump is a populist candidate already making promises to "clean up Washington." Oddly enough this appeals to EVERYONE because we all know of the corruption and collusion of the establishment and EVERYONE hates it.

The white racist America hates some of the same ? we do. The problem is that they're ? racists that are full of hate towards the wrong people.
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

giphy.gif

The sad thing is that some of our people don't mind being in the bottom. They can use that to say that the white system is keeping them down but not trying to bring themselves up. The mind set of the people in the bottom has to change and we have to do our part. Of course some you can not help but there are others that need that little push to get them going.
  • zzombie
    Options

giphy.gif

SO black people are insane??? ok i got you
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img]https://scontent-atl3-1.? .fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p370x247/14956444_10202616149082309_3627458185542962570_n.jpg?oh=6acb49acb46b47a661a89a1468ba587b&oe=58CC90BC[/img]
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

giphy.gif

Israel was already in the works befor ww2
  • zzombie
    Options
    [img]https://scontent-atl3-1.? .fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p370x247/14956444_10202616149082309_3627458185542962570_n.jpg?oh=6acb49acb46b47a661a89a1468ba587b&oe=58CC90BC[/img]

that's the kind of ? that got trump elected
  • 5th Letter
    Options

giphy.gif

SO black people are insane??? ok i got you

? . This is your response?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    ALL this protesting is ? stupid she lost this is how democracy works in 4 years we will have another shot at electing someone else people especially young people are acting very childish right now

Look up the first amendment

The 1st Amendment does not alter the outcomes of Elections therefore all the protesting and crying is a childish waste of time.

They have the right to protest

Trump supporters shouldn't criticize when their so called leader said this back in 2012...

what's even more hilarious is they took away his twitter privileges.. dude has no filter lol
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

Well ? em

And If I get caught in that, ? me too

Sorry but sacrifices need to be made in every struggle

Malcolm/Martin/Fred Hampton gave their life, whatever sacrifice we have to make surely won't compare

The president ain't changing your day to day life...I woke up yesterday with the same plan as I had the day before

We can't play defense for the rest of our lives and hope it gets better...it ain't about one person or one family, it's about us all

Black people taking on the characteristics of this country(always worrying about someone else instead of us)

? mad cause this ? ain't get elected like her family ain't call us super predators.you wanna forgive, cool, but she can't be president

Even if she sorry, the stigma of those words don't go away. ? 's great grandkids couldn't hold favor with the Jewish community even if they were the lesser of evils

Sacrifices need to be made and it's easy to talk about them as an idea...it's harder to accept them if they're you're actual reality though...and to people who have spent their entire life sacrificing for a world that already sees you as less than it's no wonder that idea just ain't going to fly and many would reject the idea of asking to already give up more of what they feel they never really had to begin with.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options

giphy.gif

some of us dont need to hit rock bottom....fukk that

i dont need to be oppressed to feel like i deserve better.

while i feel some kinda way about the election......again i look at our people like.....are you that fukked up that something like this has to happen for you to even budge.

nah....being stepped on is deserved if anyone allowed it to get this far.

piont being.....while everyone was saying he wont make it....what was you doing to make sure he didnt..

sitting back hoping someone else took charge to stop him...

nah....if you did nothing you deserve what you get

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

For me it was and still is ? both Trump and Clinton.

Let me ask you a quick question.

Out of Trump and Clinton which one has actually put actions behind the bold and which one has only talked about the bold?

The weak black people in this country, which are the vast majority, are highly emotional and slaves to symbolism. The media has led them to believe that Trump symbolizes the embodiment of the enemy, so logic goes out the window when discussing this subject.

While the weak black people and so called concerned white people are thinking Trump getting elected exposed others, what it really did is expose them. Hilary has supported, presented and fought FOR laws that locked black people up in private prison slavery for good, Hilary has implied that she supports Eugenics, Hilary continued to make a mockery of intelligent black people by thinking that her dancing, and getting JayZ, Beyonce, And LeBron could actually influence our votes. In sum, we have a good number of gullible black people that are actually crying that Hilary didn't get into office to continue her slaughter of black people in stealth, all because Trump speaks his mind and participated in standard white male business practices.

These weak-minded black people were willing to forgive Hilary for all of her atrocities, just so they could have the SYMBOLISM of someone who is fair and liberal in the office. In contrast, these so called concerned white people don't give a ? about you, they're just mad that Trump isn't your standard politician and may ? some ? up for them. They're willing to overlook what the Clintons have done to black people, simply because something that they support might be challenged.

...With that said, white people as a whole have always and will continue to determine who the president of the US is. They are easily the majority of the voting public and the ones with all of the wealth in this country. They're the ones who got Obama in, they're the ones who got father and son Bush in, Clinton, Reagan, and now they've decided it's Trump's turn. Black people, you don't control ? in this country and it's good to see that some of you are finally realizing that FACT.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    I'm still shocked at these percentages tho.

Trump ? on Latino's his entire campaign and just about 40% of latinos voted for that mf lol

This mf's clearly a misogynist and nearly 50% of women voted for this mf, this ? 's crazy smh.

We learned about ? in school and always ? on Germany for letting that happen, to end up doing the same ? .