Stephen A Smith responds to being labelled a ?

Options
deadeye
deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
Long video, but I just started watching and it seems interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQgoSLK1yX4

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ehhh I don't know if he's a ? or not and I don't care. He's a loudmouth and a blowhard, and his opinion should generally be dismissed. If he's breaking a news story then fine, but if he's giving talking points just ignore that ? .
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A little bit on Shannon Sharpe, but he speaks on BLM after the first 2 minutes:

Better yet, start @ 1:04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3h2moOMJm4
  • Guy Gardner
    Guy Gardner Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As a journalist he understands the power of a platform. He has a large voice and a very large platform. His point of view reaches many more people and is taken more to heart than many others. Even when he's dead ass wrong. He may not be a flat out ? , but if feels some kind of way about that title, he owes it to himself as a journalist and a man of his word to be a little more careful, and informative of race issues when they come up. Talking out of the side of your neck in a condescending light will not be widely received by your own people, especially considering it's being assumed your opinion speaks for those people.

Dude said far too many things that don't represent how a large portion of Black Americans feel, while speaking as the "voice of reason" to black Americans......

When an issue of race comes up, I think we'd all feel a little better if people in his position directly addressed that issue instead of immediately shaking his hand at the black community in some ole "don't yall act up now" tone.....

? ain't a good look
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    15 minutes into the video....this ? got the right idea. This ? is good with me.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree wit SAS to a point how we gotta have a solution. B/c we can protest til the cow come home, but then what? What the next step?

I understand and definitely support everyone currently protesting, but we gotta figure what ww gonna do afterwards. This is where we need to mobilize and put our resources towards the mid term, state, and local elections. As well as the presidential ones.
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never understood how he became a ? in the eyes of some blacks. He's an opinionated Dude on a sports show. He speaks his mind on issues he feels are important. Somehow, in this soft ass period in our country, differences of opinion make u a ? as a black man. ? hilarious, especially if you've seen how he goes after whites.

Now some people might bring up him having to apologize to Michelle "bitchface" Beadle. That was a lose lose for dude. He's on a show on Disney. There's no other way outside of apologizing that he could have taken and came out on top. This ? is the featured star on espn right now. Enough said....
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    ? gets thrown around pretty loosely. I know that.

@khaleesi
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? , nah... more like a Smooth talking New Yorker who knows how to say what he needs to say to
    benefit himself.

with that said, I don't disagree with what he said. He has some answers, but It doesn't really mean much coming from him.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    15 minutes into the video....this ? got the right idea. This ? is good with me.

I'm watching right now but I'm trine figure out exactly what the ? said that was wrong or controversial.
  • onetoughmiracle
    onetoughmiracle Members Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    _? _ wrote: »
    He bloviates n ? on Colin kaepernick for not voting , then nick sa an come out the next day and says "I've been so busy I forgot the election was going on so no I didn't vote" and SAS says nothing about it. That's y he is a ?

He spoke out against him too on his radio show. He basically said that no one is that stupid to believe that. He also said that It's insulting to everyone's intelligence to believe that Saban was so wrapped up in football to notice that an election was taking place. Especially when other coaches were telling their athletes to take the time out of their day to vote (I'm paraphrasing of course).

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? look like opossum in that still
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When did Saban say he didn't vote?
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    When did Saban say he didn't vote?

He said he voted absentee.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I agree wit SAS to a point how we gotta have a solution. B/c we can protest til the cow come home, but then what? What the next step?

I understand and definitely support everyone currently protesting, but we gotta figure what ww gonna do afterwards. This is where we need to mobilize and put our resources towards the mid term, state, and local elections. As well as the presidential ones.

See.... I don't think he's a ? (although he says questionable things at times) but I can't respect these types of talking points from people in his position. You're a journalist (sports, but still) apart of the mainstream media. You have more than enough resources at your disposal to direct conversation toward a solution or trying to find one. Why are you asking what's next when you literally could be putting that into action?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never thought he was a ? but that even handedness speaks to what he always talk about.. " I am a capitalist"
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He a ? ... crackers made him apologize for being real bout domestic violence.... he a ? for not telling the truth about rousey