gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm gonna need to see a live action Cowboy Bebop soon.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol This will be one that it is actually weird seeing some Asians play the main characters.
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Full Metal is my favourite anime and Manga of all time. I must watch this even tho I feel like this will be ? lol
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah i love fullmetal too but this looks like ? . i got to see a white person play this ? . i can really see no asian doing this. all i want to know is........will renry have that ass though
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Has Hollywood really conditioned folks to believe that white folks are better at playing characters??

I don't see anything in that trailer that warrants a "This looks like s***" response. The wasn't even that long. And the lil bit I saw, actually looks good. I think it's the fact that it's not in ENGLISH why yall trashing it.

Lol & smh @ "I gotta see a white person play this...". And yet if a white person was playing, we'll be complaining about the continue white washing goin on in Hollywood.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Has Hollywood really conditioned folks to believe that white folks are better at playing characters??

I don't see anything in that trailer that warrants a "This looks like s***" response. The wasn't even that long. And the lil bit I saw, actually looks good. I think it's the fact that it's not in ENGLISH why yall trashing it.

Lol & smh @ "I gotta see a white person play this...". And yet if a white person was playing, we'll be complaining about the continue white washing goin on in Hollywood.

Your sentiment doesn't really fit this anime. This isn't a case where Hollywood would be taking Asian characters and whitewashing them. The Elric Brothers are from an area that is supposed to be comparable to Europe. They run into "Asian" characters at some point in the story and there is a clear difference in how they are depicted. You can never be sure with Anime, but unlike, with say Matoko in GitS, in this case, it's reasonable to look at the brothers and believe they are supposed to be white.