The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wish they would start calling travel more often.

These are the best players in the world make them get the fundamentals down.

I blame Lebron

Pat Ewing been running cross the lane in his 1 sock The never called Jordan for traveling. Blame ain't wit bron
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    damn thinking back on it

greivis vasquez was one of the pieces in the rudy ? deal that got toronto norman powell AND a 2017 1st round pick

raptors then replaced him like a week later by signing cory joseph for just 400k more than vasquez wouldve made

norman powell, 1st round draft pick (yet to be made) and money to sign cory joseph

all for a guy who played like 20 games in 2 seasons since the deal

Not bad, they're still perennial pretenders though

who in the east isnt as long as lebron around

toronto is wildly underrated when it comes to a loser sports town though -- i keep expecting things to collapse for toronto despite it never really happening over the last 3 years -- i dont know what it is but i can never fully shake it -- but theyre a perennial 50+ win threat thats still developing young talent and controls its own picks with consistent/rabid fanbase behind it

i do think theyre the only team in the east with a prayer of beating cleveland

chicago doesnt have the 3 point shooting or spacing so they make it EXTREMELY easy on kyrie and love defensively

lebron owns the hornets souls

knicks lol

part of thinks boston should strike and get that 1 piece thatll put them over the top but itd be costly and im starting to wonder if someone like cousins would even be worth it if he were made available
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    for Harden to have his squad in the 3rd slot with that roster is impressive even if it's only 1/3 of the way through the season !
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate to say this because it isn't many black coaches in the league. The thing holding Toronto back isn't the players they have on the roster. Dwayne Casey isn't that good of a coach. I mean he isn't awful but he isn't good also. Lol.

If Toronto had a better coach they could beat Cleveland in a playoff series this season. They are considerably deeper than Cleveland and could actually cause a few match up issues if he was smart enough to exploit Cleveland's short comings.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Rudy ? ? is pure coincidence, I hope he gets traded to a team that's on the bubble or something and shows these ?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Rare Tuesday ESPN double header nice
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rockets rely too much on Harden. 1st round exit for y'all
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate to say this because it isn't many black coaches in the league. The thing holding Toronto back isn't the players they have on the roster. Dwayne Casey isn't that good of a coach. I mean he isn't awful but he isn't good also. Lol.

If Toronto had a better coach they could beat Cleveland in a playoff series this season. They are considerably deeper than Cleveland and could actually cause a few match up issues if he was smart enough to exploit Cleveland's short comings.

My sentiments exactly when it comes to Casey....Besides coaching if they can ever figure out there power forward situation(Sullinger hasnt played but I dont think hes the answer) and utilize Valanciunas more I think the Raptors would be legit contenders
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    Rockets rely too much on Harden. 1st round exit for y'all

Word.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    The Rudy ? ? is pure coincidence, I hope he gets traded to a team that's on the bubble or something and shows these ?

Lol sarcasm, right
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

Lol sarcasm, right

Nah, I know the ic says he's the third woat SF behind melo and wiggins but I don't consider him a ? just because there weren't enough shots in Memphis and he couldn't play next to derozan who was just like him, i think he can help a few teams yeah sarcasm *nervous chuckle*

• af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Take it back...same deal swap Dame for CJ

We'll work with the shortcomings lmaoooo

I can see that. CJ is a great fit on that team especially when Simmons comes back. They need a point that can both shoot and play off the ball.

I still think you can get more then just OK4 for him. Maybe if you throw in Plumlee y'all get back both OK4 and Noel.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not mad at that at all
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CJ for TJ, and winslow =)
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    for Harden to have his squad in the 3rd slot with that roster is impressive even if it's only 1/3 of the way through the season !

we're all wearing the beard tonight
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My sentiments exactly when it comes to Casey....Besides coaching if they can ever figure out there power forward situation(Sullinger hasnt played but I dont think hes the answer) and utilize Valanciunas more I think the Raptors would be legit contenders

Toronto has the players to be a pretty good some what small ball team with using Valanciunas at Center, Carroll at the 4, Ross or Powell playing the 3, and the two hand cannons in the back court. Lowry and DeRozan are some gunning ass dudes

Ujiri has done a pretty good job amassing talent. I will say I didn't like them drafting Jacob Poetl but I understood why because they knew they would lose Bismack and Jacob was good in the NCAA's
  • infamous114
    Options

Lol sarcasm, right

Nah, I know the ic says he's the third woat SF behind melo and wiggins but I don't consider him a ? just because there weren't enough shots in Memphis and he couldn't play next to derozan who was just like him, i think he can help a few teams yeah sarcasm *nervous chuckle*

You support some mediocre ass dudes lol
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

Lol sarcasm, right

Not mediocre, just not all time great lol
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    No kyrie or gasol hmm
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol sarcasm, right

Not mediocre, just not all time great lol

Not all time anything
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Melo a hof, wiggins just getting started, Rudy can a good complement with efficient scoring for his position, hardly bums like y'all act but I guess u only posed to like all stars? *shrugs*
  • infamous114
    Options
    You forgot Monta
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    I got nothing as far as this year
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A ? tried to son me with a video from a website called "no one touches jordan".blogspot.com

Lmao yeah... they don't have an agenda over at that ? .

I said Bird and Magic aren't known for their defense and Lebron was better defensively. ? on that post are ? . Pulling Bird videos and talking ? .

Didnt watch none of them but the name is a new level of ? riding. Jordan is the GOAT he don't need anybody to back up that claim.