The Official Rick Ross - "Rather You Than Me" Album Discussion(3.17)

Options

Comments

• FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris rock serves no purpose at the beginning of idols become rivals.I edited that goofy ass ? 28 seconds of babbling off that song wit the quickness

I ? wit summer seventeen the rest of the album sucks.Last ross joint was better

This. Idols Become Rivals is straight for a while but 5 minutes of a Birdman diss is a bit much. To each its own to the rest of ya'll though!
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ross snapped on Idols Become Rivals. Y'all tripping.

When he really craft a a verse he be going off. Underrated MC foreal
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ChiCity wrote: »
    Only drawback is his rhymes are starting to sound like Wale's

or vice versa

Still, so far so good

Hows this a drawback
  • soulfulcat
    soulfulcat Members Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wasn't feel the records that he dropped earlier. But the rest of the album dope

So he said he called Drake and squashed the beef
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah this could be a top 3 Ross album. Few missteps w/ the trap ? , but not bad outside of that. He definitely has an ear for those smooth joints.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got powers that be on repeat. That ? so dope!
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trap Trap Trap go!
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That song with Ty Dolla Sign too
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ross is the goat beat picker
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    ChiCity wrote: »
    Only drawback is his rhymes are starting to sound like Wale's

or vice versa

Still, so far so good

Hows this a drawback
    Not necessarily a drawback but it was noticeable enough to take some sting off his bars

All this ghostwriting the last 2 years has got me hearing everyone sounding like everyone
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This sounds like his last several projects
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Deleted Dead Presidents and I Think She Like Me. Rest of the album is fire
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    This ? bangin!!! The Trap trap ? was ok, i coulda did without Dead presidents, but everything else was fire. Ross' best ? since Deeper than Rap imo.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? trash. ? be moving the goalposts for artists

This ? hella weak
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    This sounds like his last several projects

In this instance, thats not a bad thing.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Currently listening

Dead presidents sound like she on my ? ? has skills as a mc but his style so ? remedial down to the beats
  • 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Another solid effort imo...this is a more mature teflon don without the standouts...but its alot more cohesive than teflon don

I would rate his albums currently as:

Deeper Than Rap
    Mastermind
    Teflon Don
    Trilla
    Rather You Than Me
    Hood Billionaire
    Port of Miami
    Black Market
    ? Forgives, I Don't

Also, I like Maybach Music V but I expected it to be epic...the song could've been another name and could've saved MM V for a monster collab effort
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i see not too many good reviews in here tho, that might be 3 albums in a row, ah well he 40, black dollar maybe his last great work but that definitely aint a bad thing

i should kno not to look at ic reviews b4 listening, ? in here actin like the whole album was a bmf remake, it was 3-4 songs n they gave the album energy. ? talm bout same ol ? like they dont let other artists slide with that, not his best album but the bars definitely potent. dej loaf killed her ? too, good solid album
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options

2udz04h.jpg
    cant believe that ? ruined this thread

? u wack ass ic rapper u & that midget ? Mikey is delusional cuz if u read the 1st PG of this thread there's nothing but drakies & woodface lovers saying negative ? ........All I did was post a pic on topic bringing something positive to the thread& ? is flagging me.......? ? like u ruin threads by coming n them beggin for my attention u r a wack ic rapper idgaf about u u need to worry about ya failed rap career not me ? ..Did u even cop the album ? ? Gtfoh
    gee757 wrote: »
    This is a decent album tho

The reason is saying it's wack so u know the album is good lol...

Lmaoooo at this

I stand by what I said the real world is fuking wit this album
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2udz04h.jpg

? u wack ass ic rapper u & that midget ? Mikey is delusional cuz if u read the 1st PG of this thread there's nothing but drakies & woodface lovers saying negative ? ........All I did was post a pic on topic bringing something positive to the thread& ? is flagging me.......? ? like u ruin threads by coming n them beggin for my attention u r a wack ic rapper idgaf about u u need to worry about ya failed rap career not me ? ..Did u even cop the album ? ? Gtfoh

Lmaoooo at this

f2c6d171_413222663.jpeg
  • gee757
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    2udz04h.jpg

Lmaoooo at this

f2c6d171_413222663.jpeg

Smmmh rozay did a number on this 1 when it comes to renzel u can't take the reason serious full of bias clowns ... .....Imean rozay got a Grammy nod for purple Lamborghini & squares is asking y rozay still rap....Ha yes ? cuz he's good@ it
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    2udz04h.jpg

Lmaoooo at this

f2c6d171_413222663.jpeg

Smmmh rozay did a number on this 1 when it comes to renzel u can't take the reason serious full of bias clowns ... .....Imean rozay got a Grammy nod for purple Lamborghini & squares is asking y rozay still rap....Ha yes ? cuz he's good@ it

It's mostly on the IC in the reason but on other forums like the coli,niketalk.com kanye to the and on Instagram people are loving this album .

Fabolous wrote "Big Boy Rap is back! I was waiting for some hip hop that make you wanna write some ? !! Thank you & Congrats @richforever

• gee757
    Options
    2udz04h.jpg

Lmaoooo at this

f2c6d171_413222663.jpeg

It's mostly on the IC in the reason but on other forums like the coli,niketalk.com kanye to the and on Instagram people are loving the album

I know that's y I said if the reason says it's wack that means the album is gooood......But I wonder what album that renzel & jigga trak they just did is gonna b on cuz it's not on here

• jazzybella
    jazzybella Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another solid effort imo...this is a more mature teflon don without the standouts...but its alot more cohesive than teflon don

I would rate his albums currently as:

Deeper Than Rap
    Mastermind
    Teflon Don
    Trilla
    Rather You Than Me
    Hood Billionaire
    Port of Miami
    Black Market
    ? Forgives, I Don't

Also, I like Maybach Music V but I expected it to be epic...the song could've been another name and could've saved MM V for a monster collab effort

I thought MMV was perfect, dej loaf verse was great and the vibe was sexy