For all my people here that DON'T have children.

Options

Comments

• SimplyKrys
    SimplyKrys Members Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    Imma just say this..lots of folks talking about losing their freedom ain't doing ? with the freedom they got. Y'all ain't all globe trottin, living some exciting life.

Children can give you purpose, and make you see life differently. It's a beautiful thing.

It's a beautiful thing if you are ready, but having a child at the wrong time can't be good.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SimplyKrys wrote: »
    Imma just say this..lots of folks talking about losing their freedom ain't doing ? with the freedom they got. Y'all ain't all globe trottin, living some exciting life.

Children can give you purpose, and make you see life differently. It's a beautiful thing.

It's a beautiful thing if you are ready, but having a child at the wrong time can't be good.

Your whole life could pass waiting for the perfect time to have a kid, but I agree that you should feel somewhat ready.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Society tells u you're supposed to have kids by a certain age but parenthood ain't for everyone

For real though, I have seen some ? parents in my day.

I got turned off by watching jerry and maury in the late 90s...
  • SimplyKrys
    SimplyKrys Members Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Your whole life could pass waiting for the perfect time to have a kid, but I agree that you should feel somewhat ready.

My boss was actually telling me there is really no perfect time. If you don't mind me asking, how did you feel when you first found out your little one was coming?
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    This question is for the ones without kids right? If you have em your in another boat. The reasons for not having them, in addition to the world being crazy, and the fact everybody aint trying to take on that job are all valid to the individual.
    Doesnt really bother me at all. In fact its not something I usually think of. I got this and that and trying to stretch a dollar and do this and that. When I think of all the stuff I have to do and money I need and whatnot Im thankful for not having kids thats pretty much it.
    I'll say I love not having kids. the opposite is like, no. Thats just me though. Its a relief and freeing realization.
  • Kat
    Options
    Stop catching feelings Stewart. You know if it applies to you or not.
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    28 with no kids. I had it in my head when I was in my ealry 20s that 30 would be the age i'd be more willing to/prepared to have kids. I turn 29 in May and unless something radical changes in my life theres no way i'd be in the right place financially, mentally or lifestyle wise to even consider having children. Part of that is attributed to not accomplishing as much at this age as I'd have liked. I don't just mean money/career wise, I love to travel and have done a lot in my life but it just feels like i'm not there yet.

Hell, ive passed on some great women that have kids out of fear of getting locked down. That and i'm selfish as hell with my time/attention. I love my nieces and nephews I just don't feel like havings kids around all the time.

I'm looking at 35 as the age i'll think about it again lol.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    I'll probably get this girl pregnant with how she looks within 5 months and thats fine I always wanted a kid.

? ? me with the whole "I cant do w/e I want or travel to madagascar now with a kid"

First off, You wasnt going anyways

Second, If having a kid stops you from traveling forever than thats your fault

Foh I'm talking to my brother and he tells me every time he travels it's at least 10 gs cuz it's him, his wife and my nephew....and they travel at least 3 times a yr....I aint ready for that type of output
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its not time for them yet, i cant say im happy about it though, it was pretty intentional... Every ? i ever nutted in I spent that 50 for the Plan B the next morning or that night.

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

U were like 30 struggling on stamps taking the 8 bus everywhere

Body bag!
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ran into a teenager at fast food joint working the cash register...fou d out i grew up with her mama...felt old as ? .
  • mrtdb
    mrtdb Members Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    21...so heeeeellllllllllllll yeah
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll probably get this girl pregnant with how she looks within 5 months and thats fine I always wanted a kid.

? ? me with the whole "I cant do w/e I want or travel to madagascar now with a kid"

Foh I'm talking to my brother and he tells me every time he travels it's at least 10 gs cuz it's him, his wife and my nephew....and they travel at least 3 times a yr....I aint ready for that type of output

The kid ain't stop him from traveling though. ? like STEW think those trips to morrocco that he been planning just gonna stop lol
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't have any, I'll be 33 in 2-3 weeks. I didn't want any until we had a scare last year. I was good on not being a daddy but now...I'm in the middle about it.

I'm not stable, and I still got realistic dreams to pursue. I want to give my child(ren) a head start.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

agreed at the bolded

mofos yelling bout their freedom yet they busy living mediocre lives on purpose haha

I'm just happy whenever people don't have have kids they truly don't want.......it's a sad thing to see an unwanted/unloved child who didn't ask to be here
  • Bulletproof Wallets
    Bulletproof Wallets Members Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont need children to give me purpose or a new outlook on life.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited March 2017
    Options

The kid ain't stop him from traveling though. ? like STEW think those trips to morrocco that he been planning just gonna stop lol

And how do you know this again? Or u just taking a wild guess at what my life would turn into.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FWIW, there is no "perfect time" to have kids. There are just times when you're more prepared to handle the responsibility.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lotta weak ass sperms and eggs in the building today I see
  • Kat
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

*Secretly regrets thoting w/o protection post*

I don't regret having a kid, I do regret who I had a kid with though.

I see folks feeling some type of way about my comment. Truth hurts.