The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    somebody getting caw'd tonight
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    No hate, legit question.

If the Lakers get a top two pick, who yall drafting? One of the gaurds? The point of being in the lottery for a few years is to be able to draft high potential players that compliment each other. So if yall draft a gaurd, what happens to Russel? Yall just gonna trade him or bring him off the bench? That kind of makes being in the lottery and getting a top pick 2 years ago a waste doesnt it?

Just legit wondering.

When you're in a situation like the Lakers you draft the best available player period and honestly I think that should always be the strategy when drafting

And I get that. And youre 100% right. I just think admitting that you giving up on a top draft pick in his second year would have me disappointed and depressed.

As a GM you cant look at it like that, you have to look at it as stock piling assets regardless of position......Chicago just gave up Taj Gibson, Mcbuckets and a 2nd round pick for Cam Payne. The Lakers could definitely get something for Russell if it came down to it

Lakers gotta get young prospects though. They not in a position to get someone like a Taj Gibson.

Also, i get the stacking assets thing, but we talking about the 2nd overall pick. You dont just give up on your 2nd pick and say, eh we stacking assets.

But, the good thing is the Lakers can blame that on the old regime and keep it moving.

And im not even blaming the Lakers. Busts happen all the time, and im not even saying Russel is a bust, too early, but they do seem to be ready to give up on him.

All im saying is id be disappointed as a Lakers fan if my team was about to draft a player playing the same position as my 2nd pick from 2 years ago.

Nobody to really blame, just a disappointing turn of events.

D'Angelo Russell is going to get more in return than Cam Payne but OKC still fleeced Chicago in that deal which is the point....Its all about how you flip the assets you have and the better the assets the higher chance you have a getting a good package in return

Giving up a 32 year old declining fa in taj gibson,a one dimensional shooter/scorer in doug mcdermott who is useless if he isnt scoring and who already got passed in the rotation by zipser and a 2nd round pick(when the bulls get a higher 2nd round pick from the kings) for a lottery pick a sam presti lottery pick isnt getting fleeced.

Stick to generic posting and avi bets your bball knowledge legit trash.

So now OKC didn't win that trade lol....denial is real but you got it, Zipser and Cameron Payne the future
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No hate, legit question.

If the Lakers get a top two pick, who yall drafting? One of the gaurds? The point of being in the lottery for a few years is to be able to draft high potential players that compliment each other. So if yall draft a gaurd, what happens to Russel? Yall just gonna trade him or bring him off the bench? That kind of makes being in the lottery and getting a top pick 2 years ago a waste doesnt it?

Just legit wondering.

When you're in a situation like the Lakers you draft the best available player period and honestly I think that should always be the strategy when drafting

And I get that. And youre 100% right. I just think admitting that you giving up on a top draft pick in his second year would have me disappointed and depressed.

As a GM you cant look at it like that, you have to look at it as stock piling assets regardless of position......Chicago just gave up Taj Gibson, Mcbuckets and a 2nd round pick for Cam Payne. The Lakers could definitely get something for Russell if it came down to it

Lakers gotta get young prospects though. They not in a position to get someone like a Taj Gibson.

Also, i get the stacking assets thing, but we talking about the 2nd overall pick. You dont just give up on your 2nd pick and say, eh we stacking assets.

But, the good thing is the Lakers can blame that on the old regime and keep it moving.

And im not even blaming the Lakers. Busts happen all the time, and im not even saying Russel is a bust, too early, but they do seem to be ready to give up on him.

All im saying is id be disappointed as a Lakers fan if my team was about to draft a player playing the same position as my 2nd pick from 2 years ago.

D'Angelo Russell is going to get more in return than Cam Payne but OKC still fleeced Chicago in that deal which is the point....Its all about how you flip the assets you have and the better the assets the higher chance you have a getting a good package in return

Giving up a 32 year old declining fa in taj gibson,a one dimensional shooter/scorer in doug mcdermott who is useless if he isnt scoring and who already got passed in the rotation by zipser and a 2nd round pick(when the bulls get a higher 2nd round pick from the kings) for a lottery pick a sam presti lottery pick isnt getting fleeced.

So now OKC didn't win that trade lol....denial is real but you got it, Zipser and Cameron Payne the future

Remember where you heard it first
    Beta wrote: »
    zipser the future
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    No hate, legit question.

Just legit wondering.

Take the guard regardless, Russell actually played the 2 at Ohio State Shannon Scott was point and he played SG the other night when he dropped 40.

Him and Ball would fit together seamlessly. Because both have high IQ off ball as well as on.
    Fultz while I believe is the better of the two will take a lil more adjustment in meshing styles together but you stockpile talent regardless

Plus the rigidity of positioning is going away. Gimme two lead guards who both can initiate offense and play off ball.

Thats what I thought the plan was and should be. Trying Russel at the 2 for atleast a season before giving up on son, I asked cause I kept running into articles and Lakers fans talking about trading him before he loses more value.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    No hate, legit question.

Just legit wondering.

Impossible to say who won a trade a month after the trade.Taj will be 32 in june bulls weren't gonna re-sign him.Mcdermott eligible for an extension this fall bulls have 2 cheaper suitable replacements in zipser and valentine(who has shot 40% from 3's since doug was traded) and the bulls will get a higher 2nd round pick than the one they gave up so the pick they gave up was useless and it's a 2nd round who cares.Presti is a great drafter and took payne 14th and he hasn't even got enough tick to say if he's any good or not.Lol @ fleeced stick to avi bets
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No hate, legit question.

Just legit wondering.

How they traded for another one dimensional ball hog in gibson. When the last time Gibson passed the ball out the post?
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    No hate, legit question.

Just legit wondering.

How they traded for another one dimensional ball hog in gibson. When the last time Gibson passed the ball out the post?

They needed an upgrade in talent....Regardless of how you slice it, from OKCs perspective Taj and McDermott>>>>Cameron Payne
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Remember when mcdermott and mirotic were supposed to be bright spots

I'm glad gortat falling off a cliff so he can get the ? out. Hes great in the pick and roll but when he's not committing moving screens, over the back fouls, and pushing defenders in the back to grab boards, he's not defending the post and letting trailing players run in to the paint to grab boards

Wizards haven't fed otto at all since the break

I was told the wizards have the coach of the year and it's not even close. I was told the wizards have way more talent then us, I was told john wall is the best point guard in the east. They're contenders right? Lol I see EXACTLY what Tommy was talmbout with agenda posting most of yall let 2 guys pulling for their team make you lose all objectivity
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

I'm glad gortat falling off a cliff so he can get the ? out. Hes great in the pick and roll but when he's not committing moving screens, over the back fouls, and pushing defenders in the back to grab boards, he's not defending the post and letting trailing players run in to the paint to grab boards

I was told the wizards have the coach of the year and it's not even close. I was told the wizards have way more talent then us, I was told john wall is the best point guard in the east. They're contenders right? Lol I see EXACTLY what Tommy was talmbout with agenda posting most of yall let 2 guys pulling for their team make you lose all objectivity

The bold is facts!!!!

Scott Brooks ain't coach of the year whoever said that is a ? fool.

• Beta
    edited March 2017
    Options

John wall IS the best point guard in the east and wizards DO have more talent top to bottom

Show me where somebody said Scott Brooks is the coach of the year and it's not even close.

? you post with an agenda when referring to the Lakers though so what you saying? Lol

You too hype over tying a season series

Lmao ? keeps talking about being the 2nd seed over the wizards(which nobody truly cares about) and winning 2 games outta 4 against the wizards
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Best pg in the east :/ that aint saying much.Wall jumper still sucks and he has no range that could get exploited in a series

Playoffs a different animal a lot of things that fly in the regular season won't in the playoffs more time to game plan
  • Beta
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Best pg in the east :/ that aint saying much.Wall jumper still sucks and he has no range that could get exploited in a series

Playoffs a different animal a lot of things that fly in the regular season won't in the playoffs more time to game plan

More than anything, if the defense/rebounding doesn't get better they can't get to the ECF. Its what stopped them the last time

Last night was nowhere near how good they coulda played though but hey we'll see if they get back on track going into the playoffs. I'll be down for heat/Celtics though
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

More than anything, if the defense/rebounding doesn't get better they can't get to the ECF. Its what stopped them the last time

Last night was nowhere near how good they coulda played though but hey we'll see if they get back on track going into the playoffs. I'll be down for heat/Celtics though

They can't guard 3 pointers either that's why I'm skeptical on the wizards.Celtics can't rebound for nothin but their defense has improved in the 2nd half and specifically they can defend 3's only the warriors defend 3's better than boston and it's not by much.If celtics and wizards matched up I think boston would beat them
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it can be argued that mcdermott and gibson were easily the two best players in the okc/thudner swap but mcdermott is a one dimensional okay scorer and taj was a great value add but the bulls were not keeping taj no matter what -- hes the kind of guy getting phased out in the nba -- undersized for his position who isnt fast or a 3 point shooter ala david west -- hes decent depth at this point who is set to become a fa

nobody really trippin off that on the grand scale

the real fleecing happened two drafts ago

not one they made with okc at the trade deadline

flipped nurkic and gary harris for doug mcdermott

lmao

smh

they also sent denver some 2nd round picks

i have never checked to see if they used one of those 2nd rounders to draft jokic

and i never will lol

thats the deal that crushed the bulls franchise chance to give the last core the bit of push it needed
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So Jerry Krause done passed I'm interested to hear Tommy's take on what this means for the Bulls future.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder if Mike somewhere enjoying this news ..word is he hated Krause s guts...anyway RIP...hopefully this dont turn into the Lakers ?
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

John wall IS the best point guard in the east and wizards DO have more talent top to bottom

Show me where somebody said Scott Brooks is the coach of the year and it's not even close.

? you post with an agenda when referring to the Lakers though so what you saying? Lol

You too hype over tying a season series

Lmao ? keeps talking about being the 2nd seed over the wizards(which nobody truly cares about) and winning 2 games outta 4 against the wizards

Da bull said Scott brooks was coach of the year it seemed like a wizards fan base was brewing, Lakers are the enemy so of course ima slander em
  • Beta
    Options
    Lol @ a wizard fanbase brewing

Who here ? with the wizards like that outside of 2 people? And even if there was, why would that bother you? You ain't complain when ? were congratulating the Celtics last year going into the playoffs.

And Celtics are the enemy so of course they get slandered so what we talking about man?

? jae Crowder, ? marcus smart's midgame protein bar eating ass, and ? IT and his napolean complex
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Adam silver is soft...