The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Phil funny man. He blamed everyone else man. Yo i swear he did not take a bit of blame. About anything. ? is crazy.

But, it is what it is. Long as Melo is gone man. I just want the team to have a clear direction, even if its a ? up direction under Phil. Just have 1 voice man. If we running the triangle, we running the triangle. I prefer going 0-82 rather than have another season of Phil vs. Melo.

No way can Melo stay after this btw. Melo said that he will only stay if he the team is comitted to winning, and Phil said this ? to the media so that it leaves no doubt that if Melo does say, he chose to stay even though Phil told him he had no chance to win. If Melo stays and the team only wins 20 games, no one can blame Phil anymore. Well played by Phil, pretty much Checkmate.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is melo the type to stay just to spite Phil?
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't think that's why he's willing to stay. He's willing to stay cause he likes NY.
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Very sad ? in the N.Y & Bulls organizations..very childlike all parties involved..Melo has to go clippers,but should've went this season...? is frustrating ,This is Knicks 4th consecutive losing season...My bulls while no better ,'ll be rooting as usual :# But this ? feels hollow
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »

I don't think that's why he's willing to stay. He's willing to stay cause he likes NY.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zL9-ToYP6S0

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cS2oqDSzqEA

Right right
  • AZTG
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Phil took a shot at the Bulls too. Basically said look at the Bulls, its been 20 years and they aint been ? since I left. For no reason too.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bulls atleast been to the conference finals and are a consistent playoff team

Knicks won 7 playoff games since the year 2000
  • AZTG
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Bulls atleast been to the conference finals and are a consistent playoff team

Knicks won 7 playoff games since the year 2000

But its Phil Jackson bruh. Basically, he knows it all and does no wrong, just look at the Bulls sincr he left. Thats really all it was.

Smh. Knicks aint gonna be ? till hes gone. But, atleast Melo vs. Phil gonna be over.
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After giving him the bread..lol Sigh
  • Beta
    Options
    Lol ? were HYPE when Phil came when he's a stubborn enitiled ? who ain't do anything as far as improving the Knicks
  • AZTG
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Lol ? were HYPE when Phil came when he's a stubborn enitiled ? who ain't do anything as far as improving the Knicks

True. Honestly we were all excited. It gave Knicks fans hope. Im still not mad at Dolan for signing bill. He gets no blame there, it was a good decision at the time.

Dolan could eat a bag of ? for picking up the option and bringing Phil back though.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That was his play but Phil crushed any chance of it by putting his cards directly on the table. Now if melo doesn't waive the no trade clause he looks funny and spiteful. Thats some cold chess move ? .
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Say what u want about melo but Phil treatment of him is pure ? ?
    Good, nfg
  • AZTG
    Options
    Im trying to figure out who to put some money on. What yall think the biggest chances of a game 1 upset is? Not the series, just game 1.

I think the biggest chance for a potential game 1 upset is bulls beating the celtics, and jazz beating the clips. I expect celtics and clips to win, but if an upset happens in game 1, i expect it to be there. Wondering which one to risk a few hundred with.
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    Im trying to figure out who to put some money on. What yall think the biggest chances of a game 1 upset is? Not the series, just game 1.

I think the biggest chance for a potential game 1 upset is bulls beating the celtics, and jazz beating the clips. I expect celtics and clips to win, but if an upset happens in game 1, i expect it to be there. Wondering which one to risk a few hundred with.

Grizzlies-Spurs
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm changing my grizz-spurs pick to spurs in 6, ta not being there to guard kawhi makes a big difference imo
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Phil always been a snake who intentionally talks thru the media.Never seen a player openly get ? on like this

Meanwhile
    There have been rumors that the Clippers might break up their core if they don’t make a long playoff run, but that apparently won’t apply to Chris Paul, writes Mitch Lawrence of Forbes. Paul is in line for a five-year extension this summer worth more than $200MM, and an unidentified source tells Lawrence, “It’s all done, with a wink and a nod.”

We see who the real fraud is
  • AZTG
    Options
    So KP is so frustrated he skipped the exit interview.

You would think he wouldnt be frustrated if he liked Phil and the fact that he was coming back right?

Smh at the Knicks man. Never seen a team ? on their current and future star simultaneously.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol so if the clippers get past the jazz they most likely face the Warriors, would that be considered a long playoff run?
  • Beta
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    lol so if the clippers get past the jazz they most likely face the Warriors, would that be considered a long playoff run?

They not getting past the jazz though

Jazz got too much heat. Clippers gonna get bombed on by joe ingles