Kendrick Lamar Album Discussion 4-14-17

Options

Comments

• natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Kendrick is the man when it comes making a single song seem like multiple songs. The album is great.

I tried listening to that Joey Badass album. The dude got skills, but that album is boring to me. I don't know what it is. He's nice on the mic and the subject matter is great, but the album itself just didn't do anything for me.

? WHAT !?? WAYMENT WAYMENT NOW WHAT BLASPHEMY IS THIS !!!!!!

usp_nba__los_angeles_clippers_at_brooklyn_nets_87065314.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

This ? got me dying....word that joey album was dope...im just glad I can rotate the two n not get tired of either two quick...also rotating that de la soul
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    ? spell correct
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Already bumped this 4 times. I like it better than TPAB but only because of the modern production. Not necessarily the content.

I like ignorant Kendrick as opposed to preachy Kendrick. DNA might be the hardest track he's ever done.
    FEAR
    DUCKWORTH
    DNA
    ELEMENT

So far are my favorites.

Yeh not really ? with the "I'm an Israelite I'm not black no more"

Dead at that line skating past eryone in here.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got no problems with Lupe writing a Kendrick review.

But when he writes a long ass review on his own album he just put out.... And then only gives himself a 7... Thats some wierdo bipolar stuff.

But thats yalls man
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://youtu.be/FsKkiFtst8g

Yo this ? 's reaction to DNA got me rollin.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Real talk ladies and gentlemen. Ive noticed that certain albums need to be bumped in a whip that has a good sound system. And others may enjoy more through headphones. Try doing that to see which u prefer
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Real talk ladies and gentlemen. Ive noticed that certain albums need to be bumped in a whip that has a good sound system. And others may enjoy more through headphones. Try doing that to see which u prefer

Agreed. This album didn't hit me until I was outside smoking a J listening on my bose speaker.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »

Agreed. This album didn't hit me until I was outside smoking a J listening on my bose speaker.

Those Bose speakers are dope af
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    DNA sounded amazing in the whip this morning
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    I think this album overall will have more replay value than TPAB. The beats alone will aid in that...i got that damn DNA instrumental bumping in my head right now
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate the love track tho not because it's bad or anything my soul just don't work on that way no more
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    4/5 mic album off a couple of listen.
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When you can listen to Kendrick and Joey with the kids because both have fully edited versions >>>>>>>>>
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Look I don't worship Kendrick's sweaty socks and ? like most of these ? on this board but this album is HARD.
    His best work hands down. I'm 6 tracks in and it's better than TPAB already.
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    6.5-7/10 for me. I think it's his worst album. Not that bad of a statement considering I think very highly of TPAB, GKMC, S80 and OD. There's some great songs on here but as a whole, I'll come back to this album the least. Feel and Duckworth are the standouts. I think the beats are driving people's feelings more than the words.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I think this album overall will have more replay value than TPAB. The beats alone will aid in that...i got that damn DNA instrumental bumping in my head right now

cant cosign this

i think TPAB is Kendrick's Magnum Opus.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »

cant cosign this

i think TPAB is Kendrick's Magnus Opus.

bartolo-colon-swing-and-miss-against-pirates-b.gif

Back to the drawing board for you my ?

Lmaooo
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    charles2 wrote: »
    When you can listen to Kendrick and Joey with the kids because both have fully edited versions >>>>>>>>>
    giphy.gif
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Kendrick is the man when it comes making a single song seem like multiple songs. The album is great.

I tried listening to that Joey Badass album. The dude got skills, but that album is boring to me. I don't know what it is. He's nice on the mic and the subject matter is great, but the album itself just didn't do anything for me.

? WHAT !?? WAYMENT WAYMENT NOW WHAT BLASPHEMY IS THIS !!!!!!

usp_nba__los_angeles_clippers_at_brooklyn_nets_87065314.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Look, I knew nothing about dude. I only checked the album out on Spotify off the strength of y'all boosting it up. After like the fourth sing I was basically just listening to convince myself that I was missing something. The album was like a trance song to me. It just droned on without anything standing out. Every song seemed like more if the same.
  • Nechesh358
    Nechesh358 Members Posts: 276 ✭✭
    Options
    This album is getting better with each listen.