The Official 2016-2017 NBA Thread (NBA Champs Warriors)

Options

Comments

• MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    MallyG wrote: »
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    Spurs on the verge of getting blown out? Rigged lol

That's what happens when the game is called somewhat fairly...Spurs have still shot double the free throws the Grizz have (22-11)

Not to mention Marc, Mike and Zach have been extremly efficient scoring.

Or if ? willing The Grindfather can somehow come back then we'll really gonna have a series.

I hope he can be it's too late! I wanna see a good and hard fought series. I don't think he'll be able to play in game 4 tho.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dont know if it was posted and quite frankly i dont care if it has..
    but i jus came here to leave this..

DYE8q_s-200x150.gif
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Raptors......frauds
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shame that I said the Raptors/Bucks series was one of my favorite ones to watch and that I was looking forward to the game. Came home around halftime, saw the score, and didnt even turn the game on for a second.

And @beta, i like Derozan, but I dont think Derozan is that dude where you blow up the team around him, but keep him and rebuild with him. Derozan is an elite player to me, but he needs to be somewhere where he can be the #1 option offensively, but not necessarily have it be his team. He dont got those intangibles to me. Thats why if the raptors do blow it up, I think they should blow it up all the way. Unless they can let go of lowry and attract all star right away to fill his spot thats not gonna get the playoffs jitters EVERY ? year. But none of the upcoming free agents move the needle enough imo.

@Toronto fans, let me know if yall disagree. Im not saying they should definetly blow it up, im saying if they do blow it up, they should blow it all the way up.

On a side note, Melo would be a great fit next to Derozan. Make that happen Toronto. We'll take anything for Melo.

On another side note, i know that a lowry to the Knicks trade almost went down I think 3 seasons ago. Imagine if Lowry was actually playing in NY and pulling these disappearing acts. ? damn, the NY media would have ate him alive and made it much worse. Glad that aint happen for his sake.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How demoralizing does it gotta be to know that even when you play your best..you STILL cant beat bron and co??? Them ? might as well say ? sundays game, no point in travling back to cleveland just to lose the series there, save a trip lol
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rockets gotta keep their emotions in check and not let that 1st quarter hype from the okc crowd run them out the game.
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rockets gotta keep their emotions in check and not let that 1st quarter hype from the okc crowd run them out the game.

Yup, the thing about OKC's crowd though is they can be neutralized and taken out of the game if we come out bombing 3s or if we can get them into a big deficit early

Hopefully Road Ryno shows up tonight, hes due for a big game after how bad he played at home to start the series
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    Shame that I said the Raptors/Bucks series was one of my favorite ones to watch and that I was looking forward to the game. Came home around halftime, saw the score, and didnt even turn the game on for a second.

And @beta, i like Derozan, but I dont think Derozan is that dude where you blow up the team around him, but keep him and rebuild with him. Derozan is an elite player to me, but he needs to be somewhere where he can be the #1 option offensively, but not necessarily have it be his team. He dont got those intangibles to me. Thats why if the raptors do blow it up, I think they should blow it up all the way. Unless they can let go of lowry and attract all star right away to fill his spot thats not gonna get the playoffs jitters EVERY ? year. But none of the upcoming free agents move the needle enough imo.

@Toronto fans, let me know if yall disagree. Im not saying they should definetly blow it up, im saying if they do blow it up, they should blow it all the way up.

On a side note, Melo would be a great fit next to Derozan. Make that happen Toronto. We'll take anything for Melo.

On another side note, i know that a lowry to the Knicks trade almost went down I think 3 seasons ago. Imagine if Lowry was actually playing in NY and pulling these disappearing acts. ? damn, the NY media would have ate him alive and made it much worse. Glad that aint happen for his sake.

You trading an old jumpshooter with no D for a young jumpshooter with no D. You just want more years of that???
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yup, the thing about OKC's crowd though is they can be neutralized and taken out of the game if we come out bombing 3s or if we can get them into a big deficit early

Hopefully Road Ryno shows up tonight, hes due for a big game after how bad he played at home to start the series

Over or under 20% shooting for Ryan Anderson?

Dude been awful
  • AZTG
    Options
    FlightKing wrote: »

You trading an old jumpshooter with no D for a young jumpshooter with no D. You just want more years of that???

Im trying to trade Melo for a bag of chips bro. Just want dude off the Knicks.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

Plus y'all wouldn't have Porzingis had y'all made that Lowry trade. I remember the NY media killing the Knicks for not making the trade for Lowry.
  • FlightKing
    Options

UNDER-? -STOOD. How about D'Angelo Russell for Melo skraight up?
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah i see what you're saying but clay does the heavy lifting as it is in Toronto if you been paying attention all season. The offense doesn't even have to be geared towards him necessarily but in the scenario, everybody is still there except lowry. Clay, ibaka in an increased role, Wright or Joseph getting ample time, and powell getting consistent mins every night sounds fine. While they can save the money from lowry.

Plus how you wanna blow it up but add melo?
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CJ wrote: »

Dude been awful

Im going to say over just because the numbers and analytics say he should have a really good shooting performance tonight......however I wouldnt be surprised if he flopped again, I said during the season that I was concerned about him disappearing in the playoffs and so far hes proven me right
  • AZTG
    Options

UNDER-? -STOOD. How about D'Angelo Russell for Melo skraight up?

The Lakers would never do that but id be happy as a ? . Get rid of Melo and get back a kid who dont look like much but still has all that potential. Id make that trade in a heart beat.
  • FlightKing
    Options
    BTW, I'm pretty disgusted with these sports people not talking about the Bucks bullying the Raptors and focusing on the Cavs coming back on the weak ass Pacers. Am I the only one not surprised by that comeback??? Larry Bird is about to lace that roster with dynamite.

This whole 2016-17 Pacers is just like that Philadelphia Eagels All-Star team from a few years ago that sent Andy Reid away.
  • AZTG
    Options

Yeah i see what you're saying but clay does the heavy lifting as it is in Toronto if you been paying attention all season. The offense doesn't even have to be geared towards him necessarily but in the scenario, everybody is still there except lowry. Clay, ibaka in an increased role, Wright or Joseph getting ample time, and powell getting consistent mins every night sounds fine. While they can save the money from lowry.

Forget the add melo part. Haha. The sidenote was the Knicks fan in me.

Like I said, if you can replace lowry with an allstar and a good coach, it'll be a good look. But, if you let go of Lowry, replace him with role players and tell Derozan youre the man now and Ibaka is the 2nd option, and be a perennial 6-8 seed while hoping an allstar wants to come to the Raptors, you ? up in my opinion.

If you feel confident that you will get an allstar in free agency to run with Derozan, you keep him. But, if you saying keep Derozan and we can draft a player and develop him and he can eventually be the 2nd option, you ? up.

The raptors kinda put themselves on the map the last few imo, so, I can see a free agent going there, but idk if I can bank on that if im toronto.
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

we obviously need a new coach thats for 1 but i agree we should retool now not rebuild. in the event where we were going to rebuild (when we already got some good young pieces) do it right and complete and not half-assed.

ps thats a big fat ? NO to that melo proposal first off bc he wouldnt want to be anywhere not cavs or clippers where his boys are anyways

lol at you trying to get dolan/phil to pull some kings ? for melo
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CJ wrote: »

Dude been awful

? be bombing from 30 feet like he got curry range. ? ? me off
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options

Forget the add melo part. Haha. The sidenote was the Knicks fan in me.

Like I said, if you can replace lowry with an allstar and a good coach, it'll be a good look. But, if you let go of Lowry, replace him with role players and tell Derozan youre the man now and Ibaka is the 2nd option, and be a perennial 6-8 seed while hoping an allstar wants to come to the Raptors, you ? up in my opinion.

If you feel confident that you will get an allstar in free agency to run with Derozan, you keep him. But, if you saying keep Derozan and we can draft a player and develop him and he can eventually be the 2nd option, you ? up.

The raptors kinda put themselves on the map the last few imo, so, I can see a free agent going there, but idk if I can bank on that if im toronto.

Ain't nobody going to no ? obscure ass Toronto as a big name free Agent lol but I got lazy now so idc no mo. You got it I'll just agree with you
  • AZTG
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

Plus y'all wouldn't have Porzingis had y'all made that Lowry trade. I remember the NY media killing the Knicks for not making the trade for Lowry.

Gotta remember the reason why the media killed them was because the reason they didnt make the trade was because Dolan was scared Masai Ujiri would fleece the Knicks a 3rd time.

Which I dont blame Dolan for because that Bargnani trade would be the worst trade of the decade if it wasnt for the Celtics/Nets trade.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Playoff Rondo hurt ???

edit , this cat Ro is super fast !!!