Boston x Racism: Blk baseball player faces racism @ Fenway Park.. Update:KKKurt Schilling chimes in…

Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'm from NY, so i naturally detest Boston. i hate their teams, their players, their actors and celebrities, their accents (? disgusting)

but i feel like they're getting scapegoated here. it's natural given the cities history and obvious because the incident occurred there, but ? like this can occur in any ballpark and it wouldn't surprise me. this is america. you can point to anytime in its existence, there's always been an intolerance for the other. this is a racist country. always have been, always will be. and civilians in your city is no less racist than the ones in Boston. don't lie to yourselves

All these players are coming out and saying Boston is the only place where they experienced the treatment, but you're still pushing the idea that it's the same everywhere.

Do you travel in the US much? Different cities, different, states, and different regions all have different cultures. It's not that crazy to believe that something happens in one place that doesn't happen anywhere else.
  • godoffun
    godoffun Members Posts: 203 ✭✭
    Options
    Man this racist stuff isnt only in boston...Im from NY and the old shea stadium use to get ugly sometimes...yankee stadium too. I dont know why these players are lying for. I guess they have to lie because MLB NFL and NBA players cant say EXACTLY whats on their minds. Look at all these college players that get hit with the racism stick...Go google college players and racism, so you mean all these college kids get hit with the racism stick all over the US and overseas and then when they go pro all the racist move to BOSTON? GTFOH.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Damn cacs n spics fazing out AA in baseball

Not really. AAs just haven't been as interested in playing baseball.

They should better $$$...less injuries...

8o%of them cats in nfl have cte n memory loss etc
  • KingLuciano
    KingLuciano Members Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    white people on ig making a bunch of excuses in the world for them racist ? fuckas! #smh
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'm from NY, so i naturally detest Boston. i hate their teams, their players, their actors and celebrities, their accents (? disgusting)

but i feel like they're getting scapegoated here. it's natural given the cities history and obvious because the incident occurred there, but ? like this can occur in any ballpark and it wouldn't surprise me. this is america. you can point to anytime in its existence, there's always been an intolerance for the other. this is a racist country. always have been, always will be. and civilians in your city is no less racist than the ones in Boston. don't lie to yourselves

All these players are coming out and saying Boston is the only place where they experienced the treatment, but you're still pushing the idea that it's the same everywhere.

Do you travel in the US much? Different cities, different, states, and different regions all have different cultures. It's not that crazy to believe that something happens in one place that doesn't happen anywhere else.

Adam Jones had a banana thrown at him in San Francisco
    professional athlete or not, blacks get mistreated in this country everyday and everywhere. look at the first page of G&S. and thats only the incidents we hear about. y'all know better.
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Racism doesn't happen anywhere else? There's only racist cacs in Boston?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

professional athlete or not, blacks get mistreated in this country everyday and everywhere. look at the first page of G&S. and thats only the incidents we hear about. y'all know better.
    Huey_C wrote: »

I don't see anyone on here claiming that Boston is the only racist city in America. People are just saying its more blatant in Boston. And the athletes in particular are saying its something they have come to expect in Boston to a degree that they don't have to with other cities. I'm not sure what you're trying to argue with me for. Those are the athletes. They know what they go through and what they experience. They are the ones saying this. If you're calling them liars, then fine, but you can't get mad at people in here because we've all heard the stories.
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Just had an older cat call into the station(ATL) about the Adam Jones incident and really ask "if they can say the "n" word, why can't we?".

gmkrl1onl5bh.gif

You should have directed him to this website so he could get answers
    http://racialconsultants.com/index.html
  • Already Home_17
    Options

I don't see anyone on here claiming that Boston is the only racist city in America. People are just saying its more blatant in Boston. And the athletes in particular are saying its something they have come to expect in Boston to a degree that they don't have to with other cities. I'm not sure what you're trying to argue with me for. Those are the athletes. They know what they go through and what they experience. They are the ones saying this. If you're calling them liars, then fine, but you can't get mad at people in here because we've all heard the stories.

nobody is arguing with you. in fact you took it upon yourself to argue my point. not the other way around

and my point from the very beginning was this ? is bigger than boston, and it's not just happening to black athletes
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

nobody is arguing with you. in fact you took it upon yourself to argue my point. not the other way around

and my point from the very beginning was this ? is bigger than boston, and it's not just happening to black athletes

I'm not sure what your point has to do with anything. Racism is bigger than Boston, but the topic at hand is specifically racism in Boston. What if we were having a conversation about racism in the U.S. and someone came in and said "Hey, the U.S. isn't the only racist country. There is racism in Europe too." What does that actually add to the conversation. It's a deflection. You're right, racism is everywhere in this country. That doesn't change the fact that these athletes' experiences tell them that Boston is especially racist, at least in their treatment of athletes.
  • Already Home_17
    Options

I'm not sure what your point has to do with anything. Racism is bigger than Boston, but the topic at hand is specifically racism in Boston. What if we were having a conversation about racism in the U.S. and someone came in and said "Hey, the U.S. isn't the only racist country. There is racism in Europe too." What does that actually add to the conversation. It's a deflection. You're right, racism is everywhere in this country. That doesn't change the fact that these athletes' experiences tell them that Boston is especially racist, at least in their treatment of athletes.

the player who this is centered around, adam jones, had a banana thrown at him at san francisco's ballpark

for those black baseball players who say they only encountered racism in Boston, I won't argue their experiences. but you honestly believe no other black baseball player has faced racism outside of boston? why is adam jones the only one?

hank aaron only caught hell in boston right?

like i said, y'all know better
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

the player who this is centered around, adam jones, had a banana thrown at him at san francisco's ballpark

for those black baseball players who say they only encountered racism in Boston, I won't argue their experiences. but you honestly believe no other black baseball player has faced racism outside of boston? why is adam jones the only one?

Nah I don't believe that Boston is the only place they've experienced racism, but I do think it must be more significant there. Why else would all these guys come out and say it? Do you think there is some conspiracy against Boston?
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just had an older cat call into the station(ATL) about the Adam Jones incident and really ask "if they can say the "n" word, why can't we?".

gmkrl1onl5bh.gif

What did the radio show host say?
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont think anyone believes that racism only occurs in Boston, or even that everyone in Boston is a racist. I think people are just trying to point out that this happens in Boston more than any other MAJOR city.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

gmkrl1onl5bh.gif

What did the radio show host say?

I don't remember but he basically baited him into showing his true colors. Kept asking him "how far are you willing to go into saying it" lol
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

gmkrl1onl5bh.gif
    If that ain't the most annoying ? lol. My answer to that now is "because I'll whoop your ass if you say it, that's why". White people love to play with folks smh.
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    I dont think anyone believes that racism only occurs in Boston, or even that everyone in Boston is a racist. I think people are just trying to point out that this happens in Boston more than any other MAJOR city.

Naw not at all, certain areas in this country have a dark history of racism so when ? happens they face more scrutiny. Like a said before I never experienced racism like I did in Athens, GA. Does it mean that area is more racist than others? Simply put my experience is my own.
  • Already Home_17
    Options

Nah I don't believe that Boston is the only place they've experienced racism, but I do think it must be more significant there. Why else would all these guys come out and say it? Do you think there is some conspiracy against Boston?

conspiracy? no. i'm certain they earned their reputation
    and i made clear in my original post i have nooooooo problem ? on Boston (seriously, ? that city)

but when it comes to racism and us getting mistreated, i have a hard time JUST pointing the finger at Boston and not america as a whole. it's more of an attack on people who'll get on their high horse ? on Boston for their racism when similar or worse incidents occurred in their own backyard
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixv3qrk1RNs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43zH8tX0Ddw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wglu1TRqdNE

Bo lost some real ? points weird response to this situation during the first hour of his radio show.. But start to turn up a little bit during the 2nd hour of his show.. On other hand Howard Bryant gained some real ? points by bluntly speaking the truth...
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Boston fans on the ic tried to argue me down when I brought up Boston being the most racist sports town. No ? should ever sign as a free agent there
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Hell on the biography show on NFL Network the Ravens old coach Brian Billick said that when he run out to the field after Ray Lewis he heard Ray called all sorts of racial slurs. Of course this happens everywhere...Boston ain't more blatant with it its the way the people there go so hard to deny it that makes it such a big thing