I Miss the Old Atlanta

Options

Comments

• JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Goat post... I miss the Atlanta from 1996-2007. I lived in Decatur off covington hwy, Sandy Springs and off roswell Road during those years. Great times. Back when Luda was still on 97.9 (not hot 107.9)
    Even that snap music ? wasn't bad.
    Rip Shawty lo

? , I'm FROM Covington Hwy.
    That's Home to me...SHouts out to Glenwood, Wesley Chapel, South Hairston, Panola Rd, and Memorial Drive.

Oh yeah and it was Hot 97.5 lol

All the real OG's remember MC Breed rapping the the Greg Street "It's 6 O' Clock" song lol he gotta bring that ? back
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Goat post... I miss the Atlanta from 1996-2007. I lived in Decatur off covington hwy, Sandy Springs and off roswell Road during those years. Great times. Back when Luda was still on 97.9 (not hot 107.9)
    Rip Shawty lo

@aladdin1978

If you stayed off Covington Hwy, u prolly went to The Cave. This lil Delta chick I used to ? w/ back then used to stay tryna get me out there every weekend (so she could turn up w/ me on my dime, then go home w/ her), but the Station had my heart. lol

Did u ever hit South Beach or Insomnia when u stayed off Roswell? I used hit that ? ever once in a while since they were in the same plaza and have a good ass time (mainly in South Beach tho). Done got slobbed up in the parking lot and all. That drive back home was the WOAT tho, since I live on the Southside.

And last, but damn sho not least, I know u had to hit Buckhead!! You left the city when they basically shut it down. I was there literally 3 to 4 times a week since I knew the manager and owner @ Kream. My face card got so good I would hit multiple spots and get in free.... Chaos was my Monday night spot, Living Room was my Friday night spot and World Bar was my Saturday night spot and I would hit Kream and Uranus every now and again to switch it up. Fuel (right next to WB) was real popular too, but I rarely went in there for some reason. Oh ? , I almost 4got about Frequency.......

Hold on yall, all this nostalgia.....

4cwfxw8n9t5c.gif

I'm gettin' emotional, I need to collect myself. lol
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MallyG wrote: »
    Rip Shawty lo

@aladdin1978

If you stayed off Covington Hwy, u prolly went to The Cave. This lil Delta chick I used to ? w/ back then used to stay tryna get me out there every weekend (so she could turn up w/ me on my dime, then go home w/ her), but the Station had my heart. lol

Did u ever hit South Beach or Insomnia when u stayed off Roswell? I used hit that ? ever once in a while since they were in the same plaza and have a good ass time (mainly in South Beach tho). Done got slobbed up in the parking lot and all. That drive back home was the WOAT tho, since I live on the Southside.

And last, but damn sho not least, I know u had to hit Buckhead!! You left the city when they basically shut it down. I was there literally 3 to 4 times a week since I knew the manager and owner @ Kream. My face card got so good I would hit multiple spots and get in free.... Chaos was my Monday night spot, Living Room was my Friday night spot and World Bar was my Saturday night spot and I would hit Kream and Uranus every now and again to switch it up. Fuel (right next to WB) was real popular too, but I rarely went in there for some reason. Oh ? , I almost 4got about Frequency.......

4cwfxw8n9t5c.gif

Yea I was there when Buckhead got shut down... It was pretty much around 03 after wolf got murked.
    That's when they turned the ? into condos. Only thing left was frequency and Havana.
    And hell yea I used to hit insomnia and South Beach. I knew the owner of South Beach and tried to start up a Tuesday night event there.

Remember vegas nights in Marietta too??
    That's where I first heard "Laffy Taffy"
  • Ilike2get baked
    Ilike2get baked Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rip Shawty lo

That's Home to me...SHouts out to Glenwood, Wesley Chapel, South Hairston, Panola Rd, and Memorial Drive.

All the real OG's remember MC Breed rapping the the Greg Street "It's 6 O' Clock" song lol he gotta bring that ? back

You just summed up my childhood in one post. Only thing that was missing for me was Avondale Mall, Clarkston, Decatur, Scottdale, and the Atrium going up Memorial. A lot of new ? don't even know that there was a point in time where you could see a movie at Avondale Mall for 1 dollar....mannn
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Rip Shawty lo

You just summed up my childhood in one post. Only thing that was missing for me was Avondale Mall, Clarkston, Decatur, Scottdale, and the Atrium going up Memorial. A lot of new ? don't even know that there was a point in time where you could see a movie at Avondale Mall for 1 dollar....mannn

Went to the Atrium for Slimm Calhouns album release party back in '01 I think. Got to see to everybody perform "Gangsta ? " from Stankonia mad up close, epic moment.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Forgot bout Atrium
  • aneed123
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Y'all ? with hood ass chit chats
  • Stew
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Cant believe nobody mentioned Bounce on Bankhead(some of yall were too young). GOAT club, first time I ever seen somebody smoke weed freely in a public place with no ? given lol
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rip Shawty lo

Yep. I almost forgot Walmart used to be Avondale mall. That goes into my whole other place now point. The Tupac cnter site on Memorial Drive used to be a dollar theatre at one point too.
  • Ilike2get baked
    Ilike2get baked Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rip Shawty lo

Yep. I almost forgot Walmart used to be Avondale mall. That goes into my whole other place now point. The Tupac cnter site on Memorial Drive used to be a dollar theatre at one point too.[/quote

? cannot even begin to understand the ? that used to be pulled at Avondale Mall when we got out of school and then immediately after the mall we used to hit Checkers on Memorial and then Kroger which was right behind it.
  • MallyG
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

Bruh, I've never been, but have been asked to go a 1000 times. I just don't like goin' to the Eastside like that. Nothing against my fellow Eastsiders b/c yall got ALL da hoes!! lol

My hood local spot filled/fills that void tho w/ The Ritz and Piano Bar.
  • MallyG
    Options
    Rip Shawty lo

@aladdin1978

4cwfxw8n9t5c.gif

Yea I was there when Buckhead got shut down... It was pretty much around 03 after wolf got murked.
    That's when they turned the ? into condos. Only thing left was frequency and Havana.
    And hell yea I used to hit insomnia and South Beach. I knew the owner of South Beach and tried to start up a Tuesday night event there.

Remember vegas nights in Marietta too??
    That's where I first heard "Laffy Taffy"

Actually, they didn't start the condo thing til about the end of 06 leading into 07. They knocked those buildings down, started the foundation and then abruptly stopped construction when the housing collapse happened in 08.

Vegas Nights used to be thick!! It was the grown spot (linens & hard bottoms lol) for the longest, then they switched up management and it became a much younger crowd. And yeah that change happened during the "Snap Era".... It died down quick tho because them Cobb County police would be waiting across the street for all them nikkas to pull out. You know what happened next. lol.... I think that building is still vacant, not sure tho.

And quick question.... Was the owner(s) of South Beach in B.M.F.?? I heard that from a couple people but could never really confirm it. It wouldn't surprise me if they were b/c them nikkas was airwhere!

• aneed123
    Options

Bruh, I've never been, but have been asked to go a 1000 times. I just don't like goin' to the Eastside like that. Nothing against my fellow Eastsiders b/c yall got ALL da hoes!! lol

I go to all of em lol from time to . I had chilled for a min after I went to Deja Vu ... Security walkin round with A-15s.... hood strippers dancing on pool tables.... then I went to Mr Everything tinking it was like the one on MLK and had to order thru bullett proof glass... I was like never again lol. Dro spot Blue Ivy be cool
  • aneed123
    Options
    What was the older crowd spot in Gwinnett Frank Ski used to DJ before he went to the spot in Buckhead? It used to be a cool spot.
  • MallyG
    Options

I go to all of em lol from time to . I had chilled for a min after I went to Deja Vu ... Security walkin round with A-15s.... hood strippers dancing on pool tables.... then I went to Mr Everything tinking it was like the one on MLK and had to order thru bullett proof glass... I was like never again lol. Dro spot Blue Ivy be cool

I go to Deja Vu every now and again. I got a couple of homeboys who hit the shake jawnts about 3 to 5 days a week, they got it like that doe (they apart of the Strip Club Mafia, lol). They ask me to come out here and there. Everything I've been there's never been any problem. No fights, no nothing! It's hood as ? as u know so security got to be ready, but it's 2nd nature to me.

Haven't hit Blue Ivy yet. How's the parking setup there? Do they have a pay area? It's by Castleberry area so I need to know my whip is secure when I do go. lol
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Cant believe nobody mentioned Bounce on Bankhead(some of yall were too young). GOAT club, first time I ever seen somebody smoke weed freely in a public place with no ? given lol

I mentioned it, i think Pastor Troy owned it at onr point.
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ol F.I.L.A. ass ?
  • aneed123
    Options

I go to Deja Vu every now and again. I got a couple of homeboys who hit the shake jawnts about 3 to 5 days a week, they got it like that doe (they apart of the Strip Club Mafia, lol). They ask me to come out here and there. Everything I've been there's never been any problem. No fights, no nothing! It's hood as ? as u know so security got to be ready, but it's 2nd nature to me.

Haven't hit Blue Ivy yet. How's the parking setup there? Do they have a pay area? It's by Castleberry area so I need to know my whip is secure when I do go. lol

U can park on the rd. Follies my spot
  • MallyG
    Options
    OGDirtyDee wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »

I mentioned it, i think Pastor Troy owned it at onr point.

Troy owned it after it closed, he never did anything w/ it tho.
  • Stew
    Options
    I was bout to say Troy was big down here but he wasn't THAT big to be owning a major club lol
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Old atlanta=freeknik...stds and Strip clubs...Now it turned to GayTL
  • Stew
    Options

No, it's not.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The old buckhead is what I missed. All he clubs on three blocks.

I used to hit Bellbottoms cause the none hood chicks hung out there. ? was like chill as ? .
    If I wanted to really "crunk" LOL! I would hit the world bar.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options

Dont be comin in here just to hate. This aint the place for salty people who know nothing about it. This is grossly inaccurate depiction of old or new Atlanta. man if it aint your place, stay where you at. I aint gon speak on your city. (Or care enough to try to down it). People cant just be content where they are I guess. All the music, movies, tv, traffic news, etc from the city and this is all you think about. Which isnt really what the city is. How to even be a person like that? Id feel like a blatant hater lookin jealous thats lame.
  • Stew
    edited May 2017
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    The old buckhead is what I missed. All he clubs on three blocks.

I used to hit Bellbottoms cause the none hood chicks hung out there. ? was like chill as ? .
    If I wanted to really "crunk" LOL! I would hit the world bar.

That place was life bruh. Didn't even have to go in a spot, parking lots was jumpin. I couldn't believe that ? coming from where I came from lol