Fair or Foul: boy finds his dad's drugs and calls 911

Options
Trillfate
Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy
LAWRENCE, Mass. (WCVB/CNN) -- Officers in Massachusetts are calling an 11-year-old boy courageous after he found illegal drugs in his dad's suitcase and called 911.

Lawrence police said they went to the home on Wednesday and confiscated over 200-grams of heroin with fentanyl valued at $8,500.

The police chief said the drugs were packaged inside five sandwich bags hidden inside the luggage. The child told them he saw his father selling drugs earlier in the day.

“The officers went there, they consoled him and gave him encouragement that he did the right thing,” said Chief James Fitzpatrick. “We've said we'll keep an eye out for him and not to worry, we'll be there to help him."

The 11-year-old’s father, Yamil Mercado, turned himself in and was charged with drug trafficking and child endangerment.

The boy is now being cared for by his grandmother.

408BEF9B00000578-4523302-image-a-59_1495213722477.jpg
13924950_G.png

Fair or Foul: boy finds his dad's drugs and calls 911 73 votes

Fair: he did what's best for his dad/family
12%
a minorfortyacresvagrant-718silverfoxxValentinez A. KaiserCashmoneyDuxmanofmorehouseonetoughmiraclepachá12 9 votes
Foul: don't bite the hand that feeds u, lil snitch
87%
sdotcarter111Cincodontdiedontkillanyonblakfyahkingwhite715damnkpmiamivice305lord nemesisaneed123TrillaaaaaaLcnsdbyROYALTYqawshun700babelipssskzzlillestni99ainneunspoken_respectSo ILLCapitalBSwiffness! 64 votes

Comments

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This would be an entirely different story if his dad was using and ruining his family

Kids just ? himself on some 1984 ?
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now we wait.
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Little dude just rid his neighborhood of a drug dealer. Salute. Nothing good was coming out of his pop slanging
  • Trillfate
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    It's his dad's fault for leaving the ? where it can get found. The kid believed he was doing the right thing and is not bound by any fictional "street codes."

I guess the cops kicking in the front door looking for the ? heroin dealer would have been a better option.
    @jono could ya vote for the polls sake ?

And what about the fact he was snooping around in the first place? He was out of line before he snitched..
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    someone raised him to do that, not no street code on snitching so I can't fault the kid.

still foul from the father's perspective that it was his kid that did him in.

it says the boy is now being raised by his grandma. So where's the mom and is this a paternal or maternal grandma?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I saw my dad doin' illegal ? all the time, never once thought to call the police
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    This is a double edged sword. He's wrong for snitching on his dad, but a drug dealer is now off the streets. If that was me I wouldn't have tattletale though.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SCUST. It's the principle.
  • Trillfate
    Options
    The boy is 11, he's gonna go through puberty fatherless lol

How much time is he looking at for 200 grams of heroin ??