Dope Mc or Wack Rapper part 5 Gucci Mane

Options

Comments

• MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't vote b/c he ain't wacky nor is he dope. I've listen to a lot of his catalog and he's decent/str8/cool etc., not either end of the spectrum.
  • pachá12
    pachá12 Members Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope Mc
    If you lean more towards East Coast Rap or another region, Gucci probably isnt for you. You dont like southern rap, aint for you. Dont like the subject matter of stuntin and trappin, aint for you. Its all in what you want out your music. I think only idiots believe the Vin Staples hype, I've heard Summertime whatever the ? and it was terrible. But at least I gave it a shot. ? talkin about Gucci wack and have only heard Lemonade and Waisted.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Wack Rapper
    pachá12 wrote: »
    Seems like most the comments are being made without having really listened to Gucco's catalog. Making statements based on singles...

FOH. Like that ? was rapping any better on the album cut then he was on the singles.

tenor.gif

You're proving my point. Anyone that has really listened to him, knows he's dope. You don't like him, okay, then its not for you. Just don't be surprised when someone refutes the negative. Give me the criteria of a dope MC and with the exception of a classic album, Gucci would check the boxes.

Lyrical Ability - ? No

Flow - Nope

Subsistence/Content - Hell No

I don't think you need be a wordsmith to have a classic album. Master P (imo) got 3 Ice Cream man, Ghetto D, and Tha Last Don, and he an average MC at best. But he a ? lyrical genius compared to Gucci.

Uninformed opinion. I love P, but stop. Like I said, its easy to tell that you don't listen to him. Thats you. But I have a hard time respecting the opinion of a person saying Gucci is wack even though he actually puts in work as an artist, has a career that has lasted over a decade successfully (commercially and underground), writes his own raps, has the delivery, charisma, good beat selection and street cred oh and is top 5 most influential artist in Rap, PERIOD, but then reels of three ? Master P albums as classics. What the ? are you talking about???

You overating the ? out of a dude who drips wackness

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Wack Rapper
    This should get good
  • pachá12
    Options
    Dope Mc
    bck145 wrote: »
    Seems like most the comments are being made without having really listened to Gucco's catalog. Making statements based on singles...

FOH. Like that ? was rapping any better on the album cut then he was on the singles.

tenor.gif

You're proving my point. Anyone that has really listened to him, knows he's dope. You don't like him, okay, then its not for you. Just don't be surprised when someone refutes the negative. Give me the criteria of a dope MC and with the exception of a classic album, Gucci would check the boxes.

Lyrical Ability - ? No

Flow - Nope

I don't think you need be a wordsmith to have a classic album. Master P (imo) got 3 Ice Cream man, Ghetto D, and Tha Last Don, and he an average MC at best. But he a ? lyrical genius compared to Gucci.

Uninformed opinion. I love P, but stop. Like I said, its easy to tell that you don't listen to him. Thats you. But I have a hard time respecting the opinion of a person saying Gucci is wack even though he actually puts in work as an artist, has a career that has lasted over a decade successfully (commercially and underground), writes his own raps, has the delivery, charisma, good beat selection and street cred oh and is top 5 most influential artist in Rap, PERIOD, but then reels of three ? Master P albums as classics. What the ? are you talking about???

How Sway? Look at rap music now, a trap artist is behind the way rap music is now. Who's the hottest producer right now? Gucci make a song with him? The ? put people like Mike Will, Zay and Metro on the map. Seems like a strong influence into the culture. It has widely been said that Gucci is probably the best A&R in the game and thats not even his job title...
  • pachá12
    Options
    Dope Mc

tenor.gif

Lyrical Ability - ? No

Flow - Nope

Where you from? Top 5 DOA?
  • bck145
    Options
    Wack Rapper

tenor.gif

Lyrical Ability - ? No

Flow - Nope

How Sway? Look at rap music now, a trap artist is behind the way rap music is now. Who's the hottest producer right now? Gucci make a song with him? The ? put people like Mike Will, Zay and Metro on the map. Seems like a strong influence into the culture. It has widely been said that Gucci is probably the best A&R in the game and thats not even his job title...

Being influential to a bunch of dumb mother ? doesn't mean ? ...its like the blind leading the blind

Listen to his music...it lacks quality...its actually laughable at how terrible it is
  • bck145
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Wack Rapper

tenor.gif

Lyrical Ability - ? No

Flow - Nope

Where you from? Top 5 DOA?

It don't matter where I'm from....good music resonates everywhere

Don't try and twist this into...well you ain't from such and such area....his music ain't good no matter where you live
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wack Rapper
    always thought gucci was wack
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wack Rapper

tenor.gif

Lyrical Ability - ? No

Flow - Nope

Uninformed opinion. I love P, but stop. Like I said, its easy to tell that you don't listen to him.

Get outta feelings ? . I've heard plenty of Gucci music. I stopped listening back in 12/13 cuz well........that ? is wack.

tenor.gif

Lyrical Ability - ? No

Flow - Nope

But I have a hard time respecting the opinion of a person saying Gucci is wack even though he actually puts in work as an artist, has a career that has lasted over a decade successfully (commercially and underground), writes his own raps, has the delivery, charisma, good beat selection

"writes his own raps" - I hope he ain't paying nobody else for them wack ass bar

"good beat selection" - The only thing that's good about him.

tenor.gif

Lyrical Ability - ? No

Flow - Nope

top 5 most influential artist in Rap, PERIOD, but then reels of three ? Master P albums as classics. What the ? are you talking about???

So he influenced a bunch of wack no talent-having mumble rappers like him also. ? influenced Neo-Nazis and Skinheads after him also, but no one in there right mind would call that good either.

Master P (in any conceivable way legacy, impact, career, discography)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>muthafuckin Gucci Mane

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options
    Wack Rapper
    R2_163 wrote: »
    If you lean more towards East Coast Rap or another region, Gucci probably isnt for you. You dont like southern rap, aint for you. Dont like the subject matter of stuntin and trappin, aint for you. Its all in what you want out your music. I think only idiots believe the Vin Staples hype, I've heard Summertime whatever the ? and it was terrible. But at least I gave it a shot. ? talkin about Gucci wack and have only heard Lemonade and Waisted.

? you talking about?

outkast luda juve Ti killer mike ceelo green isiah rashad scarface Krit etc . All of these southern rappers are dope. you know what's the difference between them and gwop? they know how to rap.

Pusha t spits dope dealing type ? , fab spits stuntin type ? . Don q spits that trap ? . your man is wack, plain and simple.

Thank you. you saved me the time.
  • pachá12
    Options
    Dope Mc

? you talking about?

outkast luda juve Ti killer mike ceelo green isiah rashad scarface Krit etc . All of these southern rappers are dope. you know what's the difference between them and gwop? they know how to rap.

Pusha t spits dope dealing type ? , fab spits stuntin type ? . Don q spits that trap ? . your man is wack, plain and simple.

What exactly makes him unable to rap?
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean, ? ....if U ? in I don't see how Gucci sitting out..........
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What...did I just read Gucci a successful commercial artist?
  • bck145
    Options
    Wack Rapper

? you talking about?

Ever hear him have a legit flow? No me either
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options
    Wack Rapper

? you talking about?

4OVLKQc.gif

Log off slim
  • pachá12
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Dope Mc

tenor.gif

Lyrical Ability - ? No

Flow - Nope

Being influential to a bunch of dumb mother ? doesn't mean ? ...its like the blind leading the blind

Listen to his music...it lacks quality...its actually laughable at how terrible it is

Changing the face of a genre means a lot. Again thats how you feel.
  • pachá12
    Options
    Dope Mc

? you talking about?

Ever hear him have a legit flow? No me either

Trap Goin Crazy
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Options
    Wack Rapper
    ChiCity wrote: »

To be fair dude has had a few hit songs, weather as the lead or feature.

But yeah 20-30 projects only one gold album. Huge commercial success. lol
  • pachá12
    Options
    Dope Mc

? you talking about?

4OVLKQc.gif

Log off slim

Stay lost. All anyone is saying is he cant rap. How do you have longevity and you cant rap?
  • bck145
    Options
    Wack Rapper

tenor.gif

Lyrical Ability - ? No

Flow - Nope

Changing the face of a genre for the worse means a lot....it means there's a lot of retards running around
  • pachá12
    Options
    Dope Mc
    ChiCity wrote: »

To be fair dude has had a few hit songs, weather as the lead or feature.

But yeah 20-30 projects only one gold album. Huge commercial success. lol

He has less than a handful of major label releases. But I did say that he doesn't have one concentrated classic album, but that doesn't take away from his ability. I'm not saying he's the best, but I am open minded to different types of rap
  • pachá12
    Options
    Dope Mc

tenor.gif

Lyrical Ability - ? No

Flow - Nope

Changing the face of a genre for the worse means a lot....it means there's a lot of retards running around

There are some talented decedents of Gucci. There is also a glut of artist that shouldn't be artists or successful that were influenced bu Gucci. But he cant control that.