bck145 wrote: »
    pachá12 wrote: »
    Seems like most the comments are being made without having really listened to Gucco's catalog. Making statements based on singles...

FOH. Like that ? was rapping any better on the album cut then he was on the singles.

tenor.gif

You're proving my point. Anyone that has really listened to him, knows he's dope. You don't like him, okay, then its not for you. Just don't be surprised when someone refutes the negative. Give me the criteria of a dope MC and with the exception of a classic album, Gucci would check the boxes.

Lyrical Ability - ? No

Flow - Nope

Subsistence/Content - Hell No

I don't think you need be a wordsmith to have a classic album. Master P (imo) got 3 Ice Cream man, Ghetto D, and Tha Last Don, and he an average MC at best. But he a ? lyrical genius compared to Gucci.

Uninformed opinion. I love P, but stop. Like I said, its easy to tell that you don't listen to him. Thats you. But I have a hard time respecting the opinion of a person saying Gucci is wack even though he actually puts in work as an artist, has a career that has lasted over a decade successfully (commercially and underground), writes his own raps, has the delivery, charisma, good beat selection and street cred oh and is top 5 most influential artist in Rap, PERIOD, but then reels of three ? Master P albums as classics. What the ? are you talking about???

You overating the ? out of a dude who drips wackness

How Sway? Look at rap music now, a trap artist is behind the way rap music is now. Who's the hottest producer right now? Gucci make a song with him? The ? put people like Mike Will, Zay and Metro on the map. Seems like a strong influence into the culture. It has widely been said that Gucci is probably the best A&R in the game and thats not even his job title...

Being influential to a bunch of dumb mother ? doesn't mean ? ...its like the blind leading the blind

Listen to his music...it lacks quality...its actually laughable at how terrible it is

Changing the face of a genre means a lot. Again thats how you feel.

Changing the face of a genre for the worse means a lot....it means there's a lot of retards running around

There are some talented decedents of Gucci. There is also a glut of artist that shouldn't be artists or successful that were influenced bu Gucci. But he cant control that.

Name em

Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif

Future, Young Thug (he's different, don't really care for his stuff, but he does have talent), Migos...

We asked for talented artists.....not ppl ruining the culture

Id also argue lil Wayne influenced those guys more

Gucci put Coach K on to Migos. Gucci signed Thug. Gucci did Freebricks with Future, further catapulting him into fame.

They don't sound like gucci....him doing a cllab with someone is not an influence

Plus all those dudes are ass

I didn't say they sound like him. Influence doesnt have to be about how they rap. Music production, subject matter, etc.

Gucci doesn't produce and Gucci has no subject matter......so where r u finding influence? Did these artists say he influenced them?

For example, Gucci helped get Zaytoven's name out there. Now Future want a Zay beat, Migos got a Zay beat....

So by using some dudes beats means Gucci influenced a culture?.....look at all the ? artist using dudes beats future and migos...both are trash

Goes back to the original point....if your the leader of a movement and the movement is complete trash.....people don't take that serious...thats why we all laugh at Gucci because he's a clown

Not much if any good music came from this influence you speak of

You talk like his influence is up there with a rakim or kool g rap, their influence produced hip hop classics....his seems to be the hip hop great depression
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope Mc
    Trap house is a great CD so is hard to ? and his early mixtapes... he in that project pat category of street ? and great flow pat a better story teller tho. Hood ? can relate
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope Mc
    Gucci helped future thugger peewee longway migos scooter dolph ... hippity hip hop heads ain't gonna like them oh well.... it's all about preference . They like u ? and rza and papoose... I ain't listening to that ? either so I understand.
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Trap house is a great CD so is hard to ? and his early mixtapes... he in that project pat category of street ? and great flow pat a better story teller tho. Hood ? can relate
    fohid8sda3y7.gif
    You Southern Cats are Too loyal...Sheeesh
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wack Rapper
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Gucci helped future thugger peewee longway migos scooter dolph ... hippity hip hop heads ain't gonna like them oh well.... it's all about preference . They like u ? and rza and papoose... I ain't listening to that ? either so I understand.

I don't like wu tang or hipppity hip hop music....but I think we can all agree the ppl you named that he influenced make some of the worst music in hip hop history
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wack Rapper
    Seems like most the comments are being made without having really listened to Gucco's catalog. Making statements based on singles...

FOH. Like that ? was rapping any better on the album cut then he was on the singles.

tenor.gif

You're proving my point. Anyone that has really listened to him, knows he's dope. You don't like him, okay, then its not for you. Just don't be surprised when someone refutes the negative. Give me the criteria of a dope MC and with the exception of a classic album, Gucci would check the boxes.

Lyrical Ability - ? No

Flow - Nope

I don't think you need be a wordsmith to have a classic album. Master P (imo) got 3 Ice Cream man, Ghetto D, and Tha Last Don, and he an average MC at best. But he a ? lyrical genius compared to Gucci.

Uninformed opinion. I love P, but stop. Like I said, its easy to tell that you don't listen to him. Thats you. But I have a hard time respecting the opinion of a person saying Gucci is wack even though he actually puts in work as an artist, has a career that has lasted over a decade successfully (commercially and underground), writes his own raps, has the delivery, charisma, good beat selection and street cred oh and is top 5 most influential artist in Rap, PERIOD, but then reels of three ? Master P albums as classics. What the ? are you talking about???

How Sway? Look at rap music now, a trap artist is behind the way rap music is now. Who's the hottest producer right now? Gucci make a song with him? The ? put people like Mike Will, Zay and Metro on the map. Seems like a strong influence into the culture. It has widely been said that Gucci is probably the best A&R in the game and thats not even his job title...

Being influential to a bunch of dumb mother ? doesn't mean ? ...its like the blind leading the blind

Listen to his music...it lacks quality...its actually laughable at how terrible it is

Changing the face of a genre for the worse means a lot....it means there's a lot of retards running around

There are some talented decedents of Gucci. There is also a glut of artist that shouldn't be artists or successful that were influenced bu Gucci. But he cant control that.

Name em

Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif

Future, Young Thug (he's different, don't really care for his stuff, but he does have talent), Migos...

77c.jpg
  • bck145
    Options
    Wack Rapper
    My first encounter with Gucci was when a friend of mine asked me to download some of his ? , me being the good friend that I am I agreed, we ain't friends no more.

I know like 2 ppl who listen to Gucci and told me I had to listen to him....came back to roast them and they had to exolain...u don't listen to Gucci because it's good music...you listen because it's hilarious at how bad he is
  • pachá12
    pachá12 Members Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope Mc

tenor.gif

Lyrical Ability - ? No

Flow - Nope

Name em

Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif

77c.jpg

Take it easy. I didn't come for you in the Shaggy 2 Dope thread.
  • pachá12
    Options
    Dope Mc

tenor.gif

Lyrical Ability - ? No

Flow - Nope

Name em

Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif

Gucci put Coach K on to Migos. Gucci signed Thug. Gucci did Freebricks with Future, further catapulting him into fame.

They don't sound like gucci....him doing a cllab with someone is not an influence

I didn't say they sound like him. Influence doesnt have to be about how they rap. Music production, subject matter, etc.

Gucci doesn't produce and Gucci has no subject matter......so where r u finding influence? Did these artists say he influenced them?

For example, Gucci helped get Zaytoven's name out there. Now Future want a Zay beat, Migos got a Zay beat....

So by using some dudes beats means Gucci influenced a culture?.....look at all the ? artist using dudes beats future and migos...both are trash

Goes back to the original point....if your the leader of a movement and the movement is complete trash.....people don't take that serious...thats why we all laugh at Gucci because he's a clown

You talk like his influence is up there with a rakim or kool g rap, their influence produced hip hop classics....his seems to be the hip hop great depression

Think of other artist that used trap beats that were popularized by Gucci. Kendrick comes to mind in ? Dont ? My Vibe, Swimming Pools. The influence extended past people that made trap music
  • bck145
    Options
    Wack Rapper

tenor.gif

Lyrical Ability - ? No

Flow - Nope

Name em

Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif

Think of other artist that used trap beats that were popularized by Gucci. Kendrick comes to mind in ? Dont ? My Vibe, Swimming Pools. The influence extended past people that made trap music

Hahaha now your just making ? up
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wack Rapper
    TI was ? trap before Gucci. So was Ghetto Mafia.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    ? said "? Don't ? My Vibe" was influenced by Gucci

05iosyctiu0s.gif

U was MUCH better off saying "Humble"
    That ? one more ? post away from being blocked yo
  • pachá12
    Options
    Dope Mc
    The beat is influenced by trap beats that Gucvi made popular.
  • pachá12
    Options
    Dope Mc
    Yall being closed minded
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope Mc
    I had a couple good summers with mixtape gucci in the background
  • StreetRap
    StreetRap Members Posts: 416
    Options
    Gucci is a big dawg in the rap game

He not a lyricist tho

He can come out with hott ? sometimes

but sometimes it's not so dope

He's not my favorite rapper but if I say he wack he may come out with a hit

He's not the best lyricist but this is entertainment he is a better entertainer then many of your favorite lyricist
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ahhh ? ...Lmaoooo
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Cant choose. Gucci has some dope tracks. But he has alot of ? too. Imo hes aight
    tumblr_lwopoh3vhr1qbkjyfo1_500.gif
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wack Rapper

tenor.gif

Did you vote French Montana as a wack rapper? He get carried by his production like FM.

Harry fruad >>>>>>>zaytoven
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol...Yo, this thread is crazy...

I didnt choose because dude is somewhere in between a dope mc and a wack rapper....Average...
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope Mc
    Y'all gotta realize some of these dudes will call Gucci wack with the same mouth they call somebody like NORE dope with.
  • pachá12
    Options
    Dope Mc
    Olorun22 wrote: »

tenor.gif

Did you vote French Montana as a wack rapper? He get carried by his production like FM.

Harry fruad >>>>>>>zaytoven

Didn't vote on that. I like both producers, different styles though...