ADHD! SHUT DA F*** UUUUUUP!!!!

Options

Comments

• SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The dope ? , is the past four or five recent interviews on camera. The ? looked happy and was smiling and joking. So hopefully at least he finally found peace on earth before he passed.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Free Juvenile

30 days for non child support payments

Pay your child support ?

Child support laws need to be revised. I had my BM on it but took her off a few weeks ago. She hadn't paid in over a year and they started pressing her with jail time. I met with the DA and asked "How would putting her in jail be beneficial to my son?" She real deal shrugged without a answer. I know Clark County Detention Center gets like $250 a day per inmate. Im like none of that can go towards her balance?

Shouldn't have to sit in a cell because you're in a financial situation.

How does a child benefit from their parent being irresponsible ???? If there are no consequences to her actions ... then what is her motivation to do the right thing by her child ?

Jail should be the LAST option ....but it should be an option

If they aren't paying before why should the government pay for their obligation ?

@Turfaholic and whoever else wants to chime in ....
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is one good thing I guess about this thread moving slow, @deadeye is always caught up.
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    Free Juvenile

Pay your child support ?

Child support laws need to be revised. I had my BM on it but took her off a few weeks ago. She hadn't paid in over a year and they started pressing her with jail time. I met with the DA and asked "How would putting her in jail be beneficial to my son?" She real deal shrugged without a answer. I know Clark County Detention Center gets like $250 a day per inmate. Im like none of that can go towards her balance?

How does a child benefit from their parent being irresponsible ???? If there are no consequences to her actions ... then what is her motivation to do the right thing by her child ?

If they aren't paying before why should the government pay for their obligation ?

Both of y'all got points, but i think there should be a Program in place sort of like Community service on a Probationary status where they basically have to work for free for 20 hours a week or so to catch them up on back child support and if they violate the ? thennnn...yeah sit in jail.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Free Juvenile

Pay your child support ?

Even if she can't pay child support, she can still be apart of his life. Allowing the non custodial to be placed in jail doesn't help anything at all. If she can't do her part financially, she can atleast be there emotionally and morally. Consequences will be the child will grow up and know which parent could be depended on for different situations. She not able to pay child support, but she does like seeing him and spending time. I wouldn't want her not to provide financially AND not being aroind to spend time with her child as well.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Free Juvenile

Pay your child support ?

Why are you assuming that she's being irresponsible?

@Turfaholic didn't say anything about that.

If anything, it's irresponsible for the courts to lock people up just because they're unable to pay.

I mean, how does that help the child..........and how is the child gonna get any money if the mother's locked up?

You think the courts are gonna give any part of that $250/day for each inmate that they get to the kid?

hs07dri17r2m.gif

You should take some time to learn more about the prison industrial complex.

It might just give you a different perspective.
  • MsSouthern
    Options
    Free Juvenile

Pay your child support ?

Both of y'all got points, but i think there should be a Program in place sort of like Community service on a Probationary status where they basically have to work for free for 20 hours a week or so to catch them up on back child support and if they violate the ? thennnn...yeah sit in jail.

Texas has a work release program for parents in situations like that

Or they sit out their 6 months and just continue ingnore their obligation
  • MsSouthern
    Options
    Free Juvenile

Pay your child support ?

Even if she can't pay child support, she can still be apart of his life. Allowing the non custodial to be placed in jail doesn't help anything at all. If she can't do her part financially, she can atleast be there emotionally and morally. Consequences will be the child will grow up and know which parent could be depended on for different situations. She not able to pay child support, but she does like seeing him and spending time. I wouldn't want her not to provide financially AND not being aroind to spend time with her child as well.

But you are enabling the situation. Is she really that bad off that she can't help out at all ? Nothing ??? $50 a month ....nothing like that ???

Don't get me wrong ... time is way more valuable than money. But are you really looking out for your child's best interest by allowing her to do this ?

Again ....it should be a last resort . Laws are not created for individual cases. I'm sure if she has tried to show some kind of effort ....jail wouldn't even be an option.
  • MsSouthern
    edited June 2017
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    Free Juvenile

Pay your child support ?

If anything, it's irresponsible for the courts to lock people up just because they're unable to pay.

I mean, how does that help the child..........and how is the child gonna get any money if the mother's locked up?

You think the courts are gonna give any part of that $250/day for each inmate that they get to the kid?

hs07dri17r2m.gif

Going a year without taking care of your child financially is irresponsible

And

Why should the government pay her support ?

• deadeye
    Options
    Free Juvenile

Pay your child support ?

hs07dri17r2m.gif

Well, they're locking her up for not paying child support.

According to Turf, they receive $250/day for each inmate they have locked up.

So, if the government is really doing all of this for the benefit of the child.......then why not make sure some of that money goes to the child?

Wouldn't that be in the child's best interests?

I just can't see the logic in locking someone up who is unable to pay child support...........if it's supposedly being done for the child........yet, it actually doesn't help the child at all.
  • Turfaholic
    Options
    Free Juvenile

Pay your child support ?

But you are enabling the situation. Is she really that bad off that she can't help out at all ? Nothing ??? $50 a month ....nothing like that ???

Don't get me wrong ... time is way more valuable than money. But are you really looking out for your child's best interest by allowing her to do this ?

Again ....it should be a last resort . Laws are not created for individual cases. I'm sure if she has tried to show some kind of effort ....jail wouldn't even be an option.

I feel where you coming from.

But I'm not enabling anything. I'm letting my son grow up with both parents and I won't let the punk ass system break that up over punk ass child support payments.
  • MsSouthern
    Options
    Free Juvenile

Pay your child support ?

But I'm not enabling anything. I'm letting my son grow up with both parents and I won't let the punk ass system break that up over punk ass child support payments.

What works for you doesn't have to work for others

The system does work ... you are doing your part ...it's her that is not. Not wishing her in jail but I believe she isn't really trying if she's gone a year without support

Best of luck with it all
  • MsSouthern
    Options
    Free Juvenile

Pay your child support ?

hs07dri17r2m.gif

So, if the government is really doing all of this for the benefit of the child.......then why not make sure some of that money goes to the child?

I just can't see the logic in locking someone up who is unable to pay child support...........if it's supposedly being done for the child........yet, it actually doesn't help the child at all.

Again.....

Why should the government pay her or anyone's child support ?

The jails don't only get money for inmates that owe child support.

As per usually you are talking out the side of your neck to prove a point you made up in your head .....

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mega stuffed Oreos are fire
  • Turfaholic
    Options
    Free Juvenile

Pay your child support ?

The system does work ... you are doing your part ...it's her that is not. Not wishing her in jail but I believe she isn't really trying if she's gone a year without support

Best of luck with it all

You got a kid right?
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Free Juvenile

Pay your child support ?

Best of luck with it all

You got a kid right?

Uh oh. .
  • MsSouthern
    Options
  • Turfaholic
    Options

Iight last question on the subject for me.

Would you allow your child's father to sit in jail for 30 days behind child suport If he was giving a honest effort to be the best father he could be?
  • MsSouthern
    Options

Iight last question on the subject for me.

Would you allow your child's father to sit in jail for 30 days behind child suport If he was giving a honest effort to be the best father he could be?

Depends on the situation

If he fell in hard times I get it. But if he went a year .... my answer might be different. Something is better than nothing

But honestly how many stories do we hear about a parent really trying and making an honest effort go to jail ?

Usually it's the dead beats who haven't made any attempt to take care of their child who end up locked up.
  • MsSouthern
    Options
    Ok wtf and I thought Texas was hot

We aren't even up to 100 yet
  • deadeye
    Options
    Free Juvenile

Pay your child support ?

hs07dri17r2m.gif

Again.....

Why should the government pay her or anyone's child support ?

The jails don't only get money for inmates that owe child support.

As per usually you are talking out the side of your neck to prove a point you made up in your head .....

And, as always, you're evading the most important question.

Which is:

How does locking the mother up benefit the child in any way?
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Ok wtf and I thought Texas was hot

We aren't even up to 100 yet

It's 119 in Phoenix too.

2bz7rq.png