Fargo Season 3

Options

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh that dude is a recurring character? I thought that dude was probably down with Varga. This my first season of the show.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is the first TRUE reoccurring character
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another classic season in the making
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Last ep which i just watched again old girl had her.. coming of age.. im comfortable with the modern world moment.

They had a lil homage to the moment where BillyBob sonned the dude in the car.. at the library.. and the last moment reminded me of the fugitive

That was the deaf dude right?
  • Broddie
    Options
    That Mr. Wrench is a muthafuckin' G.

I didn't know that there was a supernatural component to this show. Very Twin Peaks like. Very appropriate that they used Leland Palmer himself Mr. Ray Wise to drive that point home.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    That Mr. Wrench is a muthafuckin' G.

I didn't know that there was a supernatural component to this show. Very Twin Peaks like. Very appropriate that they used Leland Palmer himself Mr. Ray Wise to drive that point home.

Oh yea. in fact, the supernatural element has existed since the first season. Malvo's character was like an omnipotent, ? -like being who did what he wanted when he wanted. and then there was a paranormal scene involving fish falling from the sky. which had a deeper symbolic meaning. i could've sworn you were one of the people who regularly posted in the season 1 and 2 threads of this show. i had no clue this was the first season you've ever watched. I highly recommend checking out the previous seasons as well. with season 2 being my personal favorite. although many Fargo watchers list the 1st season as theirs. mostly due to Billy Bob and Martin Freeman's performances

But yea this episode was a thrill ride. which is appropriate for an episode that is the penultimate one. the scene in the woods was mesmerizing and in typical Fargo fashion. the paring of Nikki and Wrench was badass. i wonder if Ray Wise's character is some mythical deity. especially the scene where he delivered the message to Yuri. Its also pretty funny that he ignores the fact that the characters who sit next to him are blood soaked. Hawley is also continuing his Coen-allusion streak with the exchange in the bowling alley drawing a strong parallel to the Big Lebowski

When i saw Sy drinking the tea that Varga gave him, I thought he was making him drink ? again. which is why i dont understand how he didnt become suspicious of what he was giving him. seeing Emmit go ape ? was amusing and surreal

i always wondered what Varga's motive was for wanting to take over the Stussy business. and this episode made it pretty clear. he's absolutely full of ? . he's like a middle manager that simply likes to manage things. and dazzle anyone who comes along to listen to his meaningless anecdotes. but i will say that David Thewlis is playing him impressively.

• Broddie
    edited June 2017
    Options
    He didn't make him drink ? last time. He just rubbed his nasty junk all over Sy's mug before pouring water in which is very nasty in itself. I did figure he was poisoning him this time.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Gonna have to rewatch the bowling alley scene i wasnt intently listening to what was said
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hmm could've sworn he urinated in that cup. and some people in the forums thought so too. but maybe your right. either way if i were Sy, i would've found some ? excuse not to sip from it knowing what happened previously. but Meemo was there so he would've strong-armed him into doing it anyway
  • Broddie
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »
    Hmm could've sworn he urinated in that cup. and some people in the forums thought so too. but maybe your right. either way if i were Sy, i would've found some ? excuse not to sip from it knowing what happened previously. but Meemo was there so he would've strong-armed him into doing it anyway

Watch the scene again. He holds the cup so close it'd be impossible not to have an overflow or spill if he has peed. You also see the russian pouring water in it before giving it to Sy. Then later Sy complains that the dude rubbed his doodle all over his favorite mug. Very gross either way.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    I wonder if Sy is gonna die or not.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    I also think it will be sad him Mr Wrench dies, cause once he knew they were after Nickie, he could have just offed her and got those guys off his ass, but he didn't.
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr Wrench went ham
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Damn I loved when Nicky Swango stared down Varga. Wrench should have killed the Asian guy tho.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Yo when she dropped the paperweight through the window and Wrench came through bucking I was cheering.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    I wonder what's on the jump drive. U know it ain't gonna be good. I think it's a trap.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    I wonder what's on the jump drive. U know it ain't gonna be good. I think it's a trap.

I thought it was the account numbers. Maybe Varga called thier bluff and she went ahead and sent the documents/ account numbers to the auditor.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yooo I'm ? dead at episode 5!

The wolf made dude drink ? after telling him his wife is fat!

Yoooooo
    giphy.gif

• lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This series is obsessed with close ups of david thewlis's face being active, particulary his mouth ( and that ? tooth which gives me the creeps), added to the fact he's bulemic, his character is a trip.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Jus got caught up to ep 9...

Interesting watch. Tho im not really it as much as season 1 and 2. Mainly cuz i dont really care toobmuch bout the two brothers. Tho i felt for dude when he stabbed his bro w the stamp glass.

That hunting in the woods scenes in ep 8 were crazy. Hunting them like ? animals. Beheaded DJ Qualls tho, damn. Damn @ hiding behind the tree stump while dodging arrows.

Asian ? a g. Dude stay dancing n listening to his headphones lol.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BTW these 3 seasons are what season 2 and 3 ( even tho it hasnt happened yet) of HBO's True Detective should have been. HBO dropped the ball w that show
  • Broddie
    Options
    Great finale. The Peter & The Wolf song playing over the credits really left me thinking the Rikers and Snickers future played out. Knowing Varga though he easily ended up getting his way instead. Dope season.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Thug tears for my ? Nikki but I salute ya Mr. Wrench.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    yea it was a great show//

The 1 st and 2nd seasons were better no shame in the game though..

You see how they did Emmitt.. he was going through his repentance, he finally came to a place of calm felt that he paid for his sins. got his family back and was at peace with himself.. Then he got Got.. i i think that was the plan all along..when Nikki Swango aske him if he felt he hit rock bottom..she wanted him reach that happy medium then take him out..I think Varga got the mash potatoes because the clock just ticked on.That investigation was concrete thast why it took 5 years. I really wanted Swango to survive she was a ? rider
  • Broddie
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I loved how the divine forces were on Nikki's side until pride got the best of her. By all accounts she and Wrench should've died at the bus wreck. But the greater forces gave her a chance.

Unfortunately since she didn't finish off the wickedness she was given a 2nd chance to stop (Varga). She gave in to her human impulse instead, went after Emmit as a more direct form of revenge in a very complex scenario where straight forward revenge would've never worked and got got. Dope ? .