All New All Different Marvel

Options

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kingpin book is being cancelled. Gotdamn it. I liked that book.

Mosaic is being cancelled too.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im like 2 months behind but I got all my books
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of ? is being cancelled. I think Marvel was just pushing too much at once.
  • jono
    Options
    Marvel ain't stopping though.
    They just put out a slew of new ? like Black Bolt, America Chavez and the various X Men related titles.

Its like "Hey, let's throw some ? at the wall and see what's sticks."

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I need to be brought up to speed. anybody got any cliff notes. I read some of secret war and how tony discovered an alternate earth and shattered reality. then I read an issue of civil war two which I don't like. I recently read mighty thor and i'm surprised because I like jane foster as the new thor. I need to start reading unworthy thor. I finally checked out amazing Spider-Man. how did peter parker become a mogul and start running his own company did he win the lottery? I understand why they shook up the marvel comics universe I guess it was a good way to keep things fresh i only hate how they gave books for unnecessary character like squirrel girl and i though they was going to get rid or ? mutants of because of the fox movie thing.
  • jono
    Options
    You should be specific. Alot has happened.

The biggest events coming out of Secret Wars was...

***Standoff - Maria Hill and SHIELD used a cosmic cube to rewrite villains to make them normal people who live in a town called Pleasant Hill. This is important because Hill was ousted over this ? , Cap Rogers was given his super solder serum back, he was young again and the cube made him a hydra agent.

***CW2 - An inhuman named Ulysses can see into the future. Cap Marvel wants to use it to stop threats before it happens, Stark wants to wait to see how Ulysses powers work. Banner dies, Cap Marvel kills Stark and its all orchestrated by Cap Rogers.

***Secret Empire - Cap Rogers takes over the planet after being named the new director of SHIELD. Maria Hill and Cap Marvel worked together to build this giant energy shield around the planet but only the director of SHIELD can activate it.

Maria didn't know that she would be outed as director at the time.

Anyway, alot of earth's most powerful heroes are fighting a Chitauri invasion in space and Cap Rogers activates the shield locking all of them off planet.

He also draws the rest of the superheroes to NYC where the Darkhold traps them there. Black Widow is now training all the teeny boppers like Vision's Daughter, Miles Spidey, Cho Hulk etc to start a revolution against Cap and Hydra.

As we sit currently. Everyone knows Rogers is Hydra now and how it happened. So there's currently a race to find the cosmic cube pieces in order to fix all that Cap Rogers has done and what has been done to him.
  • jono
    Options
    Parker Industries comes from Doc Ock Spidey.
    In Superior Spider-Man Doctor Octopus took over Pete's body and started Parker Industries.
  • jono
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Unworthy Thor is awesome until the end.
    Jane Thor is not my cup of tea
    Riri is not my cup of tea
    Infamous Iron Man is awesome
    Royals (the inhuman book) is meh
    X Men Blue is meh
    X Men Gold is meh
    Weapon X is meh
    Jean Grey is not for me
    Moon Knight is dope
    Old Man Logan is dope
    I stopped reading Black Panther, I don't know how it is
    Kingpin's book was dope but it got cancelled
    Ultimates is alright
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Xtraordinary xmen looks dope also.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Damn, Thanos out'chea on Larry Holmes status.
  • jono
    Options
    Yeah Thanos down bad.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Im like 3 months behind lol
  • BlackNeji971
    BlackNeji971 Members Posts: 311 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All New Wolverine still getting worse and worse
  • jono
    Options
    Marvel launching Marvel Legacy and people are STILL ? lol.

It won't be a full reboot which brings the dead guys back or puts things back how they were.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    All caught up on Thor unworthy it was dope, mighty Thor is still good .

Ultimates is still flames .moon girl and devil dinosaur is dope.

I'm like 13 issues behind on black panther I heard it went to ? ?
  • Bcotton5
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Oh yeah caught up on Thanos solo book, didn't Quentin quire just get the Phoenix force in the Thor book? How Thane get it in thanos book?

Anyone peep them basically giving away the new infinity war movie ? Hela kills the rest of Thanos black order and thanos kisses her and they set off to get hela back her crown of the underworld
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Damn, Galactus is out there evolving cosmic beings and forming his own cosmic super team. Crazy ? .
  • jono
    Options
    Marvel's continuity is trash. The Phoenix is in both Thanos and Thor with two different hosts. Daredevil still has a book but is captured by Baron Mordo in the Doctor Strange book.

All the X Men books have crossovers with OM Logan in Blue and Weapon X and with his own book. It's crazy. Marvel gives zilch in ? .
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Marvel's continuity is trash. The Phoenix is in both Thanos and Thor with two different hosts. Daredevil still has a book but is captured by Baron Mordo in the Doctor Strange book.

All the X Men books have crossovers with OM Logan in Blue and Weapon X and with his own book. It's crazy. Marvel gives zilch in ? .

The Phoenix in Thanos is not the same one that's in Thor. Thane found a Cosmic Egg that housed a new Phoenix Force.

Also, just because books are out at the same time in our time doesn't mean they happen at the same time in the comics. Wolverine has always been in tons of books for that very reason.
  • jono
    Options
    You right about the egg. I forgot about that.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    whats the difference? I didnt know there was ever more than one phoenix force
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    whats the difference? I didnt know there was ever more than one phoenix force

We don't really know. I'd speculate that this Phoenix Force isn't as mature or powerful, most obviously because it was just in an egg, but also because we haven't even seen it assert it's own personality like the other Phoenix Force. Right now all we've seen is it make Thane very powerful. For all we know, Thane got to it before it even became a full fledged entity, and now it's nothing more than a power source like a Cosmic Cube or one of the Infinity Gems.
  • jono
    Options
    Secret Empire is my favorite ? right now. Steve serving ether with both hands.

Supreme Commander Rogers is giving the world that work. His inevitable invasion of Wakanda is going to be dope.
  • jono
    Options
    Defenders is dope. They using the Netflix squad.
  • jono
    edited July 2017
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Marvel launching Marvel Legacy and people are STILL ? lol.

It won't be a full reboot which brings the dead guys back or puts things back how they were.

Here's some covers.
    kegxinc0p7wa.jpg

fd18w8ppivgu.jpg

htcssq7b6f4f.jpg
    609dcdur6ntz.jpg

youkwvvkulsd.jpg
    rpgdm5sxugo0.jpg
    ozeoa4i95ami.jpg
    fy9hqcxfsqs0.jpg
    n1zucbte3bu4.jpg
    zxazgbsee8g3.jpg