Name An MC That Got Demoted From Your Top 10

Options

Comments

• moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Snoop.... It seems like the more and more albums he drops the more I forget just how dope he was he need to just gone head and retire he Vince Carter status at this point

Co-sign, I used to love that ? , he still in my top 20 but he falls lower and lower the more he drops ish that destroys his legacy...
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Tupac. After going and discovering more hiphop he just doesn't stack up. Also after discovering Necro Eminem just comes off as corny.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    My top ten btw
    Lord Infamous(R.I.P)
    Kool G Rap
    Brotha Lynch Hung
    Necro
    Violent J of Insane Clown Posse
    Big Pun(R.I.P)
    Scarface
    Ice Cube
    Ghostface Killah
    Tech N9ne/Esham
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    moyo wrote: »
    Snoop.... It seems like the more and more albums he drops the more I forget just how dope he was he need to just gone head and retire he Vince Carter status at this point

Co-sign, I used to love that ? , he still in my top 20 but he falls lower and lower the more he drops ish that destroys his legacy...

Snoop still makes dope music. I don't know what y'all talking.
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Methodman when he stopped slurring his spit between breathes and tried to be a punline rapper.

? has always been a punchline rapper. He fathered the style of the contemporary punchline rapper.
  • za'kiss
    edited July 2017
    Options
    grYmes wrote: »
    Mos Def at one point was on there just off Black On Both Sides & Blackstar alone. Output been average ever since. Em fell off it too the last few months.

The Ecstatic is a great album.
  • moyo
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »

I ? wit Bush heavy in 2015, but Cool aid & the one He put out this year were meh to me.
  • moyo
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Oh yeah my top 10 looks like this...

2Pac
    Nas
    Rakim
    Scarface
    Slick Rick
    LL Cool j
    Biggie
    Jay Z
    Andre 3000
    Bun B
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All of them, they not as hungry anymore
  • za'kiss
    Options

I bet they all pushin' 50 too.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tupac. After going and discovering more hiphop he just doesn't stack up. Also after discovering Necro Eminem just comes off as corny.

If a ? don't have pac in his top 10 ain't bein honest with himself. If we basin it on classic albums, and influence Pac is in the top 5 convo everytime, he's top 10 solid though.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

Lol good point. We all kinda sound like some clowns when trying to bring back some of our fav artist who were likely teenagers/early 20s after they've traveled the world making millions and expect them to be the same 10-20 yrs later.
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    JAY Z
    I WAS A BIGGER FAN IN HIGH SCHOOL...
    HE'S AN ICON NO DOUBT & I'M DIGGIN' THE NEW ALBUM...
    BUT I WOULDN'T PUT HIM ON MY TOP 10 BC I DON'T LISTEN TO HIS ? LIKE THAT ANYMORE...
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I ? wit Bush heavy in 2015, but Cool aid & the one He put out this year were meh to me.

https://youtu.be/o-QX4Xiy4sg

https://youtu.be/zI6eEGzh_Jo

https://youtu.be/gD2osfSuty4

You trippin..... or maybe I'm just a superfan. Snoop can do no wrong in my eyes.
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »

If a ? don't have pac in his top 10 ain't bein honest with himself. If we basin it on classic albums, and influence Pac is in the top 5 convo everytime, he's top 10 solid though.

How do influence make you the best rapper? Lil Wayne got ? dressing like weirdos and Young Thug got ? dressing like girls. Migos got everyone sounding like them. Are they the best rappers? And Wayne got a classic. Influence just mean you're a leader and ? are ? riders. Has very little to do with being the best. ? wasn't sounding and looking like Pac till he was dead too.
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    DMX & Em oh yeah and snoop
  • moyo
    Options

https://youtu.be/o-QX4Xiy4sg

https://youtu.be/zI6eEGzh_Jo

https://youtu.be/gD2osfSuty4

You trippin..... or maybe I'm just a superfan. Snoop can do no wrong in my eyes.

Aint nothing wrong wit being a super fan, But u gotta be objective man. I love Snoop to Death, He's still a Legend in my eyes, but top 10 nah...
  • Lefty_
    Options

How do influence make you the best rapper? Lil Wayne got ? dressing like weirdos and Young Thug got ? dressing like girls. Migos got everyone sounding like them. Are they the best rappers? And Wayne got a classic. Influence just mean you're a leader and ? are ? riders. Has very little to do with being the best. ? wasn't sounding and looking like Pac till he was dead too.

Pacs influence is deeper than that. Either you young, or you got your head in the sand. Been dead 20 years, and died before 26. He had the world in his hand. You talkin about dreads, double time rap, i'm talkin ? actually hittin the liquor store and grieving like they lost a close cousin when pac died. It's levels to this.

Pac got classic songs, classic albums, classic movie roles, classic hip hop events, classic rants, classic quotes(behind the mic and in front of an interviewer), classic everything, he even got classic jail letters B. Eminem is the biggest hip hop artist to live, and he still hasn't sold more, or has more of a following than pac has, and this ? been dead for 2 decades. Pacs verses still stick today because he kept it real.

My ? I won't lie, i'm not even a pac fan, everything ain't for everybody, but bruh... recognize the greatness. That dude was from another planet. That energy still hasn't been matched.
  • power_wisdom
    Options

Pacs influence is deeper than that. Either you young, or you got your head in the sand. Been dead 20 years, and died before 26. He had the world in his hand. You talkin about dreads, double time rap, i'm talkin ? actually hittin the liquor store and grieving like they lost a close cousin when pac died. It's levels to this.

Pac got classic songs, classic albums, classic movie roles, classic hip hop events, classic rants, classic quotes(behind the mic and in front of an interviewer), classic everything, he even got classic jail letters B. Eminem is the biggest hip hop artist to live, and he still hasn't sold more, or has more of a following than pac has, and this ? been dead for 2 decades. Pacs verses still stick today because he kept it real.

My ? I won't lie, i'm not even a pac fan, everything ain't for everybody, but bruh... recognize the greatness. That dude was from another planet. That energy still hasn't been matched.

It's a difference between greatness and being the best. No one said he was the best when he was living. Facts. He was an icon. He made great music. He was exciting. I'm not taking that from him. But he wasn't the best at rapping. " You're nobody till somebody kills you. " Big said that. I like Pac too. But I'm not going to act like he was the best out in the 90s. Hip-Hop still went on strong after he died. He wasn't Jay-z top 3. And that's from an artist perspective. But my point was and still is influence doesn't make you a better mc. It just mean you touch more people. Whether by marketing and promotion, your antiques or your actual music. Iverson influenced the whole culture of basketball players under him. But he was never the best. Same thing applies here.
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dylan. Dude aint put out ? since 2003
  • Lefty_
    Options

It's a difference between greatness and being the best. No one said he was the best when he was living. Facts. He was an icon. He made great music. He was exciting. I'm not taking that from him. But he wasn't the best at rapping. " You're nobody till somebody kills you. " Big said that. I like Pac too. But I'm not going to act like he was the best out in the 90s. Hip-Hop still went on strong after he died. He wasn't Jay-z top 3. And that's from an artist perspective. But my point was and still is influence doesn't make you a better mc. It just mean you touch more people. Whether by marketing and promotion, your antiques or your actual music. Iverson influenced the whole culture of basketball players under him. But he was never the best. Same thing applies here.

You tried to slide that marketing and promotion and antics in there like pac was some kind of gimmick. You can get all the way outta here wit that. You soundin like a hater irght now. He wasn't the best thing in the 90s? That's a matter of opinion, but my ? , the 90s was probably the greatest time in hip hop and that ? was one of the faces of it. I'm content with that. ? always nitpick pac on that MC ? because he had the juice everywhere else. He was the best, but he wasn't the best, ? that's like sayin jordan was the best but he couldn't shoot 3s like curry or pass like magic. He was the best by stayin in his lane.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options

All eyez on me was the most anticipated album of my life time and delivered...he was by far the biggest thing in hip hop after ? and chronic dies down

He has more classic albums in a row than big, Jay-Z and nas have in their entire catalog
  • power_wisdom
    edited July 2017
    Options

You tried to slide that marketing and promotion and antics in there like pac was some kind of gimmick. You can get all the way outta here wit that. You soundin like a hater irght now. He wasn't the best thing in the 90s? That's a matter of opinion, but my ? , the 90s was probably the greatest time in hip hop and that ? was one of the faces of it. I'm content with that. ? always nitpick pac on that MC ? because he had the juice everywhere else. He was the best, but he wasn't the best, ? that's like sayin jordan was the best but he couldn't shoot 3s like curry or pass like magic. He was the best by stayin in his lane.

No Jordan was the best all around player. Pac wasn't the best all around mc. He was great at some things, but lacked at others. And Pac antics was part of the reason he was getting alot attention. In and out of jail, getting shot, the ? case, shooting cops, going to prison, spitting at camera men, fighting with film directors. Nothing that had anything to do with music. He was a great artist, but let not rewrite history. To say he has to be on your top 10 list, is not factual. Not to say he can't be on yours. But like I said influence has little to no bearings on a mc being the best.
  • Lefty_
    Options

No Jordan was the best all around player. Pac wasn't the best all around mc. He was great at some things, but lacked at others. And Pac antics was part of the reason he was getting alot attention. In and out of jail, getting shot, the ? case, shooting cops, going to prison, spitting at camera men, fighting with film directors. Nothing that had anything to do with music. He was a great artist, but let not rewrite history. To say he has to be on your top 10 list, is not factual. Not to say he can't be on yours. But like I said influence has little to no bearings on a mc being the best.

Canibus was a better MC than Pac... That ? ain't Pac. He has 3 classics. Lets not rewrite history.
  • power_wisdom
    Options

Canibus was a better MC than Pac... That ? ain't Pac. He has 3 classics. Lets not rewrite history.

Canibus was a better lyricist than Pac. Not necessarily the better mc. He didn't make good songs or albums and his subject content is some what limited.