HBO: The Defiant Ones - Dr Dre and Jimmy Iovine Documentary

Options

Comments

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just on the 1st episode and the ? is pretty dope...? was funny when snoop was like yea this Apple ? ..Oh yall wanna talk ? . take a couple off
  • Dogowner14
    Dogowner14 Members Posts: 189 ✭✭
    Options
    Where can I find this documentary ?
  • Dogowner14
    Dogowner14 Members Posts: 189 ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    lazypakman wrote: »
    Brilliant series

Yo Kurupt with that dog though :joy:

Yoooooooooooo! That happend me aswell lol when my dog see other dogs it get rly mad.. I lost it a couple times..
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rickmogul wrote: »
    Stomp Johnson" Will do fam. Glad The Hughes Bros. R still putting 2gthr and putting out quality productions.

I think only Allen was involved in this project
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Was anybody shocked as me when you realized the shady record exec in Dre Day was actually real shady record exec in real life?

When they showed dude I was like wait a minute that's ol boy from the Dre Day video.

Yea I found that out a couple of months ago. He's also the one doing the intro skits on every Eminem album.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    "No no no I work for you, I work for SLEAZY E! wouldn't have it any other way"

That Dre day skit always killed me.

Eazy saying "yeah boss"

Lmfao
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was anybody shocked as me when you realized the shady record exec in Dre Day was actually real shady record exec in real life?

When they showed dude I was like wait a minute that's ol boy from the Dre Day video.

He's more of an Interscope exec than a Shady exec, but good eye though
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol wasn't even thinking about shady as in Shady records but I thinking about just being shady business person

After watching this I can't even call them shady like that, the Interscope execs anyway. They put up money for Pac when they really didn't have to. They stood by Death Row and Dre when they could've been like "? it, No Doubt and Nine Inch Nails selling records, we don't need this ? ".
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options

Lol wasn't even thinking about shady as in Shady records but I thinking about just being shady business person

Oh. My fault bruh lol
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Y'all peeped how Puffy slowed up talking about that Suge/Pac ? . Saying "See I can't answer, it's a slippery slope for me."
  • MD_PROPER
    MD_PROPER Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Puffy said on Drink Champs Suge was talkin about Jermaine Dupri at the Source Awards not him.

But in this doc (ep3) he looks extra salty when they play the footage and he admits Suge was talkin about him and he was ? .

Slim when I seen that ? , wit the look in his eyes and that recent Goons of the Industry joint, I was like yeah he put a hit out on Pac and Suge.

He either acted solo or crackas paid him to get it done.
  • MD_PROPER
    Options
    After watching the scene with Doc and Snoop talking about Suge and Death Row, somebody has to make the Death Row movie, but it has to be as authentic as them reflecting in that scene. The Marvin Gaye playing in the backgroud, the visuals and those two narrating were one of the deepest moments in the documentry.

I like how Hughes cuts back and forth between both stories / pov's and uses Dre's music in some of Jimmy scenes and vice versa.

Notably missing from this doc was The Game...

Puff wasn't really needed for this...he's never going to be completely honest about those days...he can't.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    MD_PROPER wrote: »
    After watching the scene with Doc and Snoop talking about Suge and Death Row, somebody has to make the Death Row movie, but it has to be as authentic as them reflecting in that scene. The Marvin Gaye playing in the backgroud, the visuals and those two narrating were one of the deepest moments in the documentry.

I like how Hughes cuts back and forth between both stories / pov's and uses Dre's music in some of Jimmy scenes and vice versa.

Puff wasn't really needed for this...he's never going to be completely honest about those days...he can't.

Apparently him and Jimmy are good friends, word to him hosting his 50th bday party. Prolly only reason why he was in it.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Lol@ kurupt tryna tame that dawg
    Also it shed some light on Snoop and Pac fall out. Of you noticed when Snoop was talking he said he was riding with Pac until he started bad mouthing Dre. Then he realized he couldn't be apart of the dissing of Dre.

So in retrospect does still make Snoop as some here like to call him not loyal because he didn't ride with Pac but rode with Dre? Not to me but this may be a topic for another thread

Snoop really wasn't pacs homeboy for real he was more of a snake the whole time... especially after it was revealed snoop was dissing biggie in the deathrow studio/booth..
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options

Thank ? ...
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    Daz goin in on Jimmy's story about bailing out Pac

https://youtu.be/NdQ_ZPjjsWs
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    Also it shed some light on Snoop and Pac fall out. Of you noticed when Snoop was talking he said he was riding with Pac until he started bad mouthing Dre. Then he realized he couldn't be apart of the dissing of Dre.

So in retrospect does still make Snoop as some here like to call him not loyal because he didn't ride with Pac but rode with Dre? Not to me but this may be a topic for another thread

Snoop really wasn't pacs homeboy for real he was more of a snake the whole time... especially after it was revealed snoop was dissing biggie in the deathrow studio/booth..

Man... This is the most clearest post I've ever seen from you.
  • MD_PROPER
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

Apparently him and Jimmy are good friends, word to him hosting his 50th bday party. Prolly only reason why he was in it.

I peeped that too....just felt like Puff's insight added nothing to the story ...
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

I peeped that too....just felt like Puff's insight added nothing to the story ...

The only reason I could really see him being on there was that he brought Bad Boy under the Interscope banner for awhile (when Jimmy was still there). Well, other than the East Soast/West Coast bs.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »

Man... This is the most clearest post I've ever seen from you.

abs9a9.gif

On the real tho snoop was no friend to pac maybe in the beginning but n the end Snoopy was/is a no good snake..
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Daz goin in on Jimmy's story about bailing out Pac

https://youtu.be/NdQ_ZPjjsWs

Cliff notes? Not about to watch this ? smoke and recite lyrics for half an hour.
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    LMAO at Nas saying that everybody at the 95 source awards was ready to ? up Death Row then he said "even the Wu was ready" and it cuts to showing the Wu dressed as ninjas at the award show haha great documentary!