2017 NBA Off Season Thread: Draft & Free Agency & Summer League

Options

Comments

• af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I've watched a lot of footage on that luka doncic cat,duke looks legit.He can pass like a mf

You can have him. I got my eye on Duval and Ayton
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've watched a lot of footage on that luka doncic cat,duke looks legit.He can pass like a mf

I rather get bagley if he reclassifys or porter jr,I'm just saying he should be a good nba player he has the tools.I wouldn't pick him #1 but he's thorough it ain't all hype.

Only porzingis(in a weaker league) and saric had similar euro #'s saric was 21 doncic 17
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i guarantee you if the bulls get the number 1 pick they will choose doncic

they ALWAYS go with the slowest and least athletic available
  • ckfree
    Options
    now that derrick has shown interest in taking a short term/low money deal

here come the meetings

he got a ? team around him
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    O.J. won again

ain't he banned from the league
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options

I rather get bagley if he reclassifys or porter jr,I'm just saying he should be a good nba player he has the tools.I wouldn't pick him #1 but he's thorough it ain't all hype.

Only porzingis(in a weaker league) and saric had similar euro #'s saric was 21 doncic 17

Porter Jr is a pipe dream for us but I agree he is the big fish in this draft. Doncic can clearly play but he's not nearly as good as advertised imo. He's slow as hell and I'm not sure how much his lack of athleticism will hinder him in the NBA. there's 4 or 5 guys I'm taking over Doncic in this draft. I think Duval will eventually play his way into the top 5. All depends on If he shoots it consistently next year.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

Porter Jr is a pipe dream for us but I agree he is the big fish in this draft. Doncic can clearly play but he's not nearly as good as advertised imo. He's slow as hell and I'm not sure how much his lack of athleticism will hinder him in the NBA. there's 4 or 5 guys I'm taking over Doncic in this draft. I think Duval will eventually play his way into the top 5. All depends on If he shoots it consistently next year.

Doncic will be a poor mans combo of bird/magic yea I said it.

I like duvals game too he plays like kyrie his handle sick but he can't shoot yet.Kevin knox another cat who should be nice he kind of reminds me of durant the way he shoots and moves.I've been scouting these cats and plan on watching projected top 5-6 picks in ncaa next year.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options

Doncic will be a poor mans combo of bird/magic yea I said it.

I like duvals game too he plays like kyrie his handle sick but he can't shoot yet.Kevin knox another cat who should be nice he kind of reminds me of durant the way he shoots and moves.I've been scouting these cats and plan on watching projected top 5-6 picks in ncaa next year.

I've seen "a mix between Curry and Klay" "He's the next Lebron" " "Bigger Harden" I don't know man I just don't see it. Time will tell. It might just be that the Hezonja wound is still so fresh that its slightly clouding my judgment. Dude is basically a Euro Joe Alexander smh.
  • ckfree
    Options

the ringer wrote about dude

this stood out to me

"the most athletic wing Doncic faced in Spain was probably Chase Budinger."

that was one scouts take on him

so i’ll wait on forming expectations given that

need to see him play against top u.s talent but he does look good just not sure if its gonna translate
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    time when Darko had next
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    352gbk8.png

ever notice most people yelling

stay true

dont snitch

NEVER TOLD ON NOBODY

aint in jail?!?!?!
    Ahhh My guy who from the Wood put hands on ya ? Cat posting ? Birds LOL ..U from Out south aint U ? Fact still Remains
    https://youtu.be/Xn2Tb1SjckQ
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh that Shane Larkin deal ain't a training camp deal...

He left 6 mil on the table overseas to be the third string PG
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    now that derrick has shown interest in taking a short term/low money deal

here come the meetings

he got a ? team around him

Cavs or Lakers on a vet min 3 weeks into fa that's what it's come down too

This is karma for sayin you're looking forward to free agency with 2 years left on your max contract.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldnt sign rose for the minimum cause ill be worried about him dipping out half way through the season. Last few seasons its been clear he only still in it for the money and considered giving basketball up multiple times. So if you give him the minimum and have him be an important piece in the rotation, you liable to find out rose retired right before a game at some point during the season.
  • Beta
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    I wouldnt sign rose for the minimum cause ill be worried about him dipping out half way through the season. Last few seasons its been clear he only still in it for the money and considered giving basketball up multiple times. So if you give him the minimum and have him be an important piece in the rotation, you liable to find out rose retired right before a game at some point during the season.

Umm wouldnt the minimum be best for the reasons you just stated though?
  • Beta
    Options
    JaMychal Green
    Mason Plumlee
    Nikola Mirotic
    Alex ?
    Pau Gasol
    Derrick Rose
    Monta Ellis
    Andrew Bogut
    Ian Clark
    Shabazz Muhammad
    JaVale McGee
    Deron Williams
    Marreese Speights
    Tony Allen

All still out there...
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    JaMychal Green
    Mason Plumlee
    Nikola Mirotic
    Alex ?
    Pau Gasol
    Derrick Rose
    Monta Ellis
    Andrew Bogut
    Ian Clark
    Shabazz Muhammad
    JaVale McGee
    Deron Williams
    Marreese Speights
    Tony Allen

All still out there...

Surprised Tony Allen, shabazz, and jamychal haven't been signed yet
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah, cause if you the Cavs and you sign him and make him your 6th man or an important piece in your offense and your trying to make a serious run and dude dips on you halfway through the season, its a big blow.

If you the heat and you aint going nowhere anyway then the minimum will be for the best.
  • Beta
    edited July 2017
    Options

Nah, cause if you the Cavs and you sign him and make him your 6th man or an important piece in your offense and your trying to make a serious run and dude dips on you halfway through the season, its a big blow.

If you the heat and you aint going nowhere anyway then the minimum will be for the best.

Knicks had two players go awol in the past year

I dont see anybody or rose doing that playing for the Cavs and heat because they are ran MUCH better even with the lack of GM in Cleveland

But I get what you mean, I thought you meant minimum vs a multi year deal
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Chicago gets the first overall next year and takes Michael Porter
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    JaMychal Green
    Mason Plumlee
    Nikola Mirotic
    Alex ?
    Pau Gasol
    Derrick Rose
    Monta Ellis
    Andrew Bogut
    Ian Clark
    Shabazz Muhammad
    JaVale McGee
    Deron Williams
    Marreese Speights
    Tony Allen

All still out there...

Surprised Tony Allen, shabazz, and jamychal haven't been signed yet

Was hoping we could dump jv and make jamychal green an offer but it looks like were stuck with him for now.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn Russ Smith out here averaging 55 points in the z-league in China. Surprise he wasnt on a summer league team.