The official Gun/Firearm discussion/appreciation thread

Options

Comments

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    I'm not the expert here but Leopold is supposed to have some of the best glass. I think you'd be happy with it.
    eh, you know more about scopes than me. i stay not buying scopes.
    Primary Arms really does make nice little "not great but good value for the price" products, to be honest, although i am thinking of their red dots here.

ironic fact: i was out of commission for a while there because i was up in northern MN with no internet
  • janklow
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »
    No range time yet! Smh.
    trust me, i get it. i haven't shot ? recently because it's a ? unconscionable swamp here and i'm like "? it, i'll shoot in the fall" every time i get motivated. just going to shop and build, i guess.

• janklow
    Options
    case in point:ac1cqstzbb03.jpg
    final 2016 stamp in, only took a little under 13 months to process... haven't shot it yet and am probably waiting until i can get a new gun to pair with it because ? THIS HEAT AND HUMIDITY
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    No range time yet! Smh.
    trust me, i get it. i haven't shot ? recently because it's a ? unconscionable swamp here and i'm like "? it, i'll shoot in the fall" every time i get motivated. just going to shop and build, i guess.

finally got around to shooting. i've had 3 sessions since installing the trigger and i'm loving it.
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    can't go wrong with anything Leupold.......my personal favorite brand of scopes

I agree with @Will Munny on getting a 3-9x......... u can't lose with that magnification (mag) if u just doing generic short to mid-range shooting

Leupold has the "Rifleman" scope for about $400 for their 50mm objective scope

I don't personally use 50mm that often but it gives u a wider view when looking at targets down range

I personally would get the cheaper 4 - 12x mag scope with the 40mm objective cuz I like shooting at longer ranges.......if u hunting u prob wouldn't go past 6-8x mag anyway just cuz it's not really ethical to shoot animals from so far away.......but if u decided to do any other distance shooting the extra mag ability is there

I would also get my scope rings from Leupold as well to avoid any issues with mounting

Yea I got my scope from academy and order my rings from leupold . This is the tag for the scope ihb0k0lk87j8.jpg
  • banginscrew901
    Options
    case in point:ac1cqstzbb03.jpg
    final 2016 stamp in, only took a little under 13 months to process... haven't shot it yet and am probably waiting until i can get a new gun to pair with it because ? THIS HEAT AND HUMIDITY

I was at a local gun shop here and got to asking about the silencers........ depending on the caliber about 800-1000 for a.40 cal. You have to get a threaded barrel and the silencer I was like nahhhhhhhh
  • banginscrew901
    Options
    Aight so I got my m&p10 take a little ride to the range. Mind you brand spanking new gun when I got it I broke it down cleaned it and oiled it real good. Me and my homeboy ready he got his I got mine. I run off about 10-12 of em off ummm on point no scope or nothing. How about this motherlover pin doesn't strike the bullet so I eject it next round fires off then it does it again then a double feed. Couldn't get it unjammed so I had to get the range manager out there. So i said ? if put it foam and then get my ar-15 out that boy singing like a mocking bird.

Then I grab the. 308 run like 5 rounds and pin nor striking again now it did this several times then got another double feed. Three the grip started to desperate from the lower. Called the manager ot there again he get it unjammed breaks it down looks It and the ammo I told him the ammo was cheap got 240 rounds for 93$. So he said it's a sold rifle and talked about the pin and the grip separating and basically said they probably built this gun on Friday before holiday. Told me to email em and all that good stuff I wee like yea this a brand spanking new gun though. He was like ya I've seen it happen I was like aight. That Monday I called Smith&Wesson told em what the business is they got it now.
  • banginscrew901
    Options
    Can't wait to get my baby back
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not the expert here but Leopold is supposed to have some of the best glass. I think you'd be happy with it.
    eh, you know more about scopes than me. i stay not buying scopes.
    Primary Arms really does make nice little "not great but good value for the price" products, to be honest, although i am thinking of their red dots here.

ironic fact: i was out of commission for a while there because i was up in northern MN with no internet

pretty much everything but Verizon is dogshit outside the twin cities in MN.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aight so I got my m&p10 take a little ride to the range. Mind you brand spanking new gun when I got it I broke it down cleaned it and oiled it real good. Me and my homeboy ready he got his I got mine. I run off about 10-12 of em off ummm on point no scope or nothing. How about this motherlover pin doesn't strike the bullet so I eject it next round fires off then it does it again then a double feed. Couldn't get it unjammed so I had to get the range manager out there. So i said ? if put it foam and then get my ar-15 out that boy singing like a mocking bird.

Then I grab the. 308 run like 5 rounds and pin nor striking again now it did this several times then got another double feed. Three the grip started to desperate from the lower. Called the manager ot there again he get it unjammed breaks it down looks It and the ammo I told him the ammo was cheap got 240 rounds for 93$. So he said it's a sold rifle and talked about the pin and the grip separating and basically said they probably built this gun on Friday before holiday. Told me to email em and all that good stuff I wee like yea this a brand spanking new gun though. He was like ya I've seen it happen I was like aight. That Monday I called Smith&Wesson told em what the business is they got it now.

If Smith and Wesson is anything like Benelli... be prepared to wait, and be prepared to send it back.

I've had terrible luck getting guns fixed under warranty. Its came to the point with me I just go straight to a gunsmith and be ready to fork over $90 for something stupid as ? .
  • banginscrew901
    Options

If Smith and Wesson is anything like Benelli... be prepared to wait, and be prepared to send it back.

I've had terrible luck getting guns fixed under warranty. Its came to the point with me I just go straight to a gunsmith and be ready to fork over $90 for something stupid as ? .

Damn don't tell me that cause I have a good bit of stuff to do to it. Like I have a 3lb trigger a free floating rail with the low profile gas block and the scope and like 4 extra magazines.
  •  i ro ny
    Options
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also check out the National African-American Gun Association.

https://naaga.co/
  • black caesar
    edited July 2017
    Options
    zocrsr2bdidf.jpg

Just copped.

@ i ro ny Yo you shop at Bob's. That's what's up. We got to get in there and chop it up.
  • black caesar
    Options
    @ i ro ny You know there is supposed to be a black owned gun store in your city. I'm going to check it out soon.
  •  i ro ny
    Options
    @ i ro ny You know there is supposed to be a black owned gun store in your city. I'm going to check it out soon.

Where?
  • black caesar
    Options

Where?

@ i ro ny

AWH ARMS & AMMO
    1489 General Booth Blvd, # 116
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Call (757) 437-3822
    http://www.awharms.net
  •  i ro ny
    edited July 2017
    Options

Where?

@ i ro ny

AWH ARMS & AMMO
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Call (757) 437-3822

Never knew/heard of that spot nor did I know that there was a black owned gun spot nearby. I might check em out today

• black caesar
    edited July 2017
    Options

Where?

@ i ro ny

AWH ARMS & AMMO
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Call (757) 437-3822

Never knew/heard of that spot nor did I know that there was a black owned gun spot nearby. I might check em out today

@ i ro ny Let me know how it is. It was listed on the NAAGA website.
  •  i ro ny
    Options

Where?

@ i ro ny

AWH ARMS & AMMO
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Call (757) 437-3822

I tried to go today and these ? is closed! On their window, they advertise 10-6 on sundays. Smh.
  • black caesar
    Options

Where?

@ i ro ny

AWH ARMS & AMMO
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Call (757) 437-3822

I tried to go today and these ? is closed! On their window, they advertise 10-6 on sundays. Smh.

See man, I hate ? like that. Give a brother a chance to make some coin, and they advertise some ? like that not cool. But the place is still in business. That's good to know.
  •  i ro ny
    Options
    zocrsr2bdidf.jpg

Just copped.

3hobk77a4i84.jpg
    qe4xtpg82vj9.jpg

Installed.
  • janklow
    Options
    I was at a local gun shop here and got to asking about the silencers........ depending on the caliber about 800-1000 for a.40 cal. You have to get a threaded barrel and the silencer I was like nahhhhhhhh
    i paid less than that for my .45-caliber can, but the difficult part is the tax stamp ($200 i assume they're not adding into that cost and a ? long wait). threaded barrel isn't the biggest deal in the world, and often you can plan ahead and get a gun that comes that way, or buy used: some time back i bought a 92FS that came with a threaded barrel as well and i think i spent around $400 total for it.

but i did all my cans before they changed the trust rules. so i'm in that "nahhhhhhh" zone now.
  • janklow
    Options
    That Monday I called Smith&Wesson told em what the business is they got it now.
    that's super frustrating but hopefully they'll make it right. got a couple of friends with S&W ARs and they have had no issues.

• janklow
    Options
    pretty much everything but Verizon is dogshit outside the twin cities in MN.
    ironically it was Verizon that was failing me up there; but then i think everything does there.

think that reservation is getting a grant to run broadband everywhere in a year or two so all my problems might be solved in 2018.