Meek Mill - Wins And Losses (Official Studio Album and Movie Thread) 7/21

Options

Comments

• trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »
    @gee757 you bringing this weak ? over to the new IC?

Should never responded he was almost talkin 2 himself
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at Mr Cee 757. You're right i was wrong meek didn't flop thanks to tidal cooking the books to get him to 102K. At this point i will upgrade his first week sales from flop to subpar/mediocre. Still #3 on the charts and still his worse 1st week debut ever despite having the streams as a cheat code (something he didn't have for his 1st album). Salute to meek but it's time for you to start looking for jobs Mr Cee 757.
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Still in rotation.

Price is the new banger.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still in rotation.
    I drove from Orlando to Daytona beach playing this joint

Outside the female tracks (Open, Whatever you want) and the forced collab (Connect the dots) this ? is a GO!

Ride back, I started to listen to PGLTM but after a song and a half I went back to Never Lose
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    Lol at Mr Cee 757. You're right i was wrong meek didn't flop thanks to tidal cooking the books to get him to 102K. At this point i will upgrade his first week sales from flop to subpar/mediocre. Still #3 on the charts and still his worse 1st week debut ever despite having the streams as a cheat code (something he didn't have for his 1st album). Salute to meek but it's time for you to start looking for jobs Mr Cee 757.

Ya a hockey player anybody wit sense should've known u was outta touch Wayne Gretzky.,. Gtfoh!!! Anybody that's in tun e with hip hop knew a blk street rapper like meek doing over75k the 1stwk was a W.....only u outta touch outsiders think a blk street rapper like meek can do dwmtm#s when he's no longer dating 1of the biggest pop stars Eva Nikki he lost his plat shot but he's still pushing gold which is plat n the streets..

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »

Ya a hockey player anybody wit sense should've known u was outta touch Wayne Gretzky.,. Gtfoh!!! Anybody that's in tun e with hip hop knew a blk street rapper like meek doing over75k the 1stwk was a W.....only u outta touch outsiders think a blk street rapper like meek can do dwmtm#s when he's no longer dating 1of the biggest pop stars Eva Nikki he lost his plat shot but he's still pushing gold which is plat n the streets..

? calling me Wayne. You need to go skate to a ? job you unemployed ? . He wasn't dating any famous chick during his debut album and a hurricane hit the east coast and no streams counted. Yet he still sold less than that ? .
  • gee757
    Options

? calling me Wayne. You need to go skate to a ? job you unemployed ? . He wasn't dating any famous chick during his debut album and a hurricane hit the east coast and no streams counted. Yet he still sold less than that ? .

Lol@ u....? u scary ? u got Nikki Ken barbs named chammy chasing u outta ya Subway job ya ? ..... again only u outsiders care about numbers Gtfoh #WinsAndLosses is slapping ? ..

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

Lol@ u....? u scary ? u got Nikki Ken barbs named chammy chasing u outta ya Subway job ya ? ..... again only u outsiders care about numbers Gtfoh #WinsAndLosses is slapping ? ..

Nobody can chase you out of a place of employment because you don't ? work you ? lmao. And again Meeks album released during a hurricane without streams counting did better than this album. That's not progress especially with the streams being a cheat code.
  • gee757
    Options

Nobody can chase you out of a place of employment because you don't ? work you ? lmao. And again Meeks album released during a hurricane without streams counting did better than this album. That's not progress especially with the streams being a cheat code.

? about numbers ? only u outsiders is worried about that hip hop heads only care about the MUSIK & meek Won!

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited August 2017
    Options

? about numbers ? only u outsiders is worried about that hip hop heads only care about the MUSIK & meek Won!

You're lying if you say

A) you have a job
    b) meek doesn't care one bit about numbers
    C) his fans don't care one bit about the numbers

Cause i point out this is meeks lowest selling album and you catch feelings and sitting in the thread waiting for me to respond lmao. What a ? ass broke ? you are.
  • gee757
    Options
    ^ says the fake nhl player u nerds have been saying the same broke line for yrs when ya wrong & looking stewpid come up wit something nu u scary hockey playing ? ....

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    ^ says the fake nhl player u nerds have been saying the same broke line for yrs when ya wrong & looking stewpid come up wit something nu u scary hockey playing ? ....

Except i am not broke because i consistently have had employment since i turned 16. You are actually broke still depending on mama gee to give you allowance to buy MMG albums and ? .

Meek had his lowest selling album plain and simple that's not a win. Plus ? it's 11:38 on the east coast right now yall chasers should be sleep so you can get the full 8 hours of sleep lmao.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Now the books was cooked becuz you took a L.... You pathetic lol
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »

So meeks lowest first week album release of all time is an L for me? Stop it lmao. The books being cooked by all streaming platforms period.
  • wizv.2
    wizv.2 Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    Options

Voided of a big single and general pop fanbase, no one with common sense expected W&L to sell more than 100K.

Sales drop off between albums all the time. More Life sold like 500K in week 1, which is half the amount Drake's previous album sold in week 1 (1M). Are we gonna call that a flop or mediocre too?
  • GetoBoy
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »

So meeks lowest first week album release of all time is an L for me? Stop it lmao. The books being cooked by all streaming platforms period.

Fool said of all time like he got 15 albums he's only had 3 smh just give it up
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still in rotation.

Price is the new banger.

For me "Issues" is the new banger..

What you doing ??
    Gettin' paid young ?
    How you in the mob ??
    Cause I'm made young ?
    Say you need a job
    Come my way young ? ,
    And if I point em' out
    You better spray young ? ..
    I'm a bad influence
    Talking money and I speak it fluent..
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    wizv.2 wrote: »

Voided of a big single and general pop fanbase, no one with common sense expected W&L to sell more than 100K.

Sales drop off between albums all the time. More Life sold like 500K in week 1, which is half the amount Drake's previous album sold in week 1 (1M). Are we gonna call that a flop or mediocre too?

More life was a playlist that didn't have the push of a regular album. The other key is more life didn't have singles like Hotline bling that were collecting single sales/streams to boost sales. And both More Life and Views were in the same era where streaming boosted numbers.

Anyone with logic wouldn't expect Wins and Losses to do better than DWMTM. But it should have still done about 150K just because of the momentum with DC4 and what it sold first week while still being on dat piff and other sites that didn't count toward his DC4 numbers.

Remember Meeks first album had 0 streams or single album sales count for it and it still did 167K. The singles from the first album also didn't generate as much buzz and the prior DC2 project so it really was dropped with falling momentum. And here on the East Coast ? was ? up in NYC and CT and other Atlantic cities because ? was flooded and had no power and weren't thinking about buying a ? album. Despite all that meek did 167K on physical and digital copies only. Meek should have at least hit 100K just a a minimum threshold. Which he did. It's not a flop but it's not exceeding expectations.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Congrats to meek.

But the album still a let down
  • wizv.2
    edited August 2017
    Options

More life was a playlist that didn't have the push of a regular album. The other key is more life didn't have singles like Hotline bling that were collecting single sales/streams to boost sales. And both More Life and Views were in the same era where streaming boosted numbers.

Anyone with logic wouldn't expect Wins and Losses to do better than DWMTM. But it should have still done about 150K just because of the momentum with DC4 and what it sold first week while still being on dat piff and other sites that didn't count toward his DC4 numbers.

Remember Meeks first album had 0 streams or single album sales count for it and it still did 167K. The singles from the first album also didn't generate as much buzz and the prior DC2 project so it really was dropped with falling momentum. And here on the East Coast ? was ? up in NYC and CT and other Atlantic cities because ? was flooded and had no power and weren't thinking about buying a ? album. Despite all that meek did 167K on physical and digital copies only. Meek should have at least hit 100K just a a minimum threshold. Which he did. It's not a flop but it's not exceeding expectations.

"More life was a playlist that didn't have the push of a regular album."

I'm not sure what that means. I see it as a regular album. Ever since More Life was announced in 2016, ? was pushed super hard. That album cover and March release date was all over the place. And regarding singles, you couldn't turn anywhere on the radio without hearing "Fake Love" and it was one of the highest streamed songs since being released in October. Lets not ignore the fact that Drake has a huge pop fan-base which are known to support ANYTHING their favorite artists drop, which is shocking that More Life only sold 50% of what Views did.

I agree with your last statement. W&L didn't flop nor exceed expectations. I actually expected a little less than that amount with all things considered. With all the self inflicted ? and mass hate from Drake and Nicki fans, I knew that ? would be in trouble. Couple that with the fact that none of his singles are being pushed on the radio, it baffles me that people think that he would do close to what he did in the past. Right now, most casual listeners don't ? with Meek, and his fan-base aren't the type of people that'll outright buy albums. I doubt most of his fans even have credit cards. The fact that streaming is carrying his album shows that his music is in high demand tho. You know many times I've purchased music, listen once, and then let that ? collect dust? There are so many ways we can spin that whole stream vs physical/digital copy sales argument. In all, I think Meek and his team are cool about the sales and chart performance up to this point. Remember both DWMTM and DC4 took steep dives off the charts after week 1. We'll see how this album performs in the long run.
  • gee757
    Options
    Y is this outsider hockey player still n here talking about sells??? This saltine acts like a former plat gaysta stripper butterfly blood rapper didn't just do 30k the 1st wk......meek won doing over 75k the 1st wk as a blk street rapper when he's not even tryna appeal to the buying crowd (whites).....dc4 did wat it did mostly cuz meek was still dating 1 of the biggest pop stars n the world & now that he lost that it's back to going plat n the streets GOLD..

• Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm not sure what that means. I see it as a regular album. Ever since More Life was announced in 2016, ? was pushed super hard. That album cover and March release date was all over the place. And regarding singles, you couldn't turn anywhere on the radio without hearing "Fake Love" and it was one of the highest streamed songs since being released in October. Lets not ignore the fact that Drake has a huge pop fan-base which are known to support ANYTHING their favorite artists drop, which is shocking that More Life only sold 50% of what Views did.

I agree with your last statement. W&L didn't flop nor exceed expectations. I actually expected a little less than that amount with all things considered. With all the self inflicted ? and mass hate from Drake and Nicki fans, I knew that ? would be in trouble. Couple that with the fact that none of his singles are being pushed on the radio, it baffles me that people think that he would do close to what he did in the past. Right now, most casual listeners don't ? with Meek, and his fan-base aren't the type of people that'll outright buy albums. I doubt most of his fans even have credit cards. The fact that streaming is carrying his album shows that his music is in high demand tho. You know many times I've purchased music, listen once, and then let that ? collect dust? There are so many ways we can spin that whole stream vs physical/digital copy sales argument. In all, I think Meek and his team are cool about the sales and chart performance up to this point. Remember both DWMTM and DC4 took steep dives off the charts after week 1. We'll see how this album performs in the long run.

No DWMTM debuted number 1 on the billboards charts and stood at the number 1 spot for 2 weeks straight.

• gee757
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »

No DWMTM debuted number 1 on the billboards charts and stood at the number 1 spot for 2 weeks straight.

#Facts
  • wizv.2
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »

Yeah my bad, it's Dreams and Nightmares that went from 2nd to 9th.
  • GetoBoy
    Options

You really gotta stop tryna compare today to 5 years ago ain't but 6-7 rappers that are gonna realistically move 150k+ their first week TODAY ? keep talking about a flood in NY like ? was Hurricane Katrina and ? was on boats in all the East coast tryna get to Target to buy the album or like the album was only sold out there and nowhere else could buy the album..... Give it up he did what he was expected to do in this climate 100k NOBODY expected him to do 150k so how can you meet expectations and you still complaining??? This how you know Meek is judged on a curve ? tryna bash him becuz he only met expectations and didn't exceed them smh