2017 NBA Off Season Thread: Draft & Free Agency & Summer League

Options

Comments

• HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    Watch out for Sam Presti at the trade deadline. I can see him sending Paul George to Cleveland for that nets pick. OKC about to go in the toilet, they need as many picks as possible

You think OKC is gonna be that trash? I dont see it.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cavs get to rebuild when LBJ leaves

Cavs will still have 93 mil in salary and 6-9 mil in cap space if lebron bounces.They will be the pacers after he leaves
  • White_Owl_Willie
    White_Owl_Willie Members Posts: 220 ✭✭
    Options
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »
    Kyrie and Bron will both be alright (barring injury).

Duncan, Kawaii, and Curry might be the only modern day superstars to not have an ego. Ego within the NBA is overblown as a negative thing.

CURRY AINT GOT NO EGO?!?!?!..BOY STOPPPP

Well I'm sure he has an ego, most do. But considering his status and accomplishments in the league, his ego is noticeably minimal.

Excessive celebrating doesnt qualify imo. I mean he let/recruited a better player to come to his team and garner a ton of his spotlight. That's almost the complete opposite of ego.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watch out for Sam Presti at the trade deadline. I can see him sending Paul George to Cleveland for that nets pick. OKC about to go in the toilet, they need as many picks as possible

nah, actually I think OKC is gonna be a top 3 team in the west record wise

But if Russ dont sign that ext. by October then the front office will be lame duck status going into the season

PG and Russ will be FA after the season, and i'm sure they dont want another KD situation of letting someone leave for free.

Presti will try to get something back to start the rebuild early, cuz OKC can only build through the draft, they cant get FA to come there.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NBA offseason>>>>>>>>NFL
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He's probably saying this thinking russ leaves because he still didn't sign that extension
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boston losing bradley and Crowder is big... those 2 with smart was hustle and defense that's gonna be missed. Offensively they gonna be tough. Brown and tatum gonna eat
  • Ghost of Jaemooms
    Ghost of Jaemooms Members Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    sqo93kj1c9g2.jpg

AAaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh Niggaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!

#NiggaWeGettingToFreeThrowLine40TimesAGame
    #IDontWantToHearNobodyCrying
  • time_is_mon3y
    time_is_mon3y Members Posts: 250 ✭✭
    Options
    Skip got me dying lol
  • DaBull
    Options

How do you go from passing on crowder and a nets pick for jimmy butler and paul george to giving up Isaiah , crowder, and a nets pick for kyrie

• Beta
    Options
    Hope IT dont think he gonna get them calls like he was
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    Kyrie and the Celtics played themselves.

Who wanna play with a ? that can't take a backseat to the best player in the league?

The best player in the league that had to take a backseat as Kyrie closed out the Warriors for that Cavs title in 2015.

Nothing wrong with Kyrie getting TF outta Cleveland and from under LBJ.
    Obviously he wasn't too impressed with the best player in the league.

Yeah man, let's completely forget what lead up to that shot for ur tired narrative =)=)

Thats exactly the point.

Remember we were talking about why would Kyrie want to leave LBJ at that moment.

Why would Kyrie want to stay under a guy who gets all of the credit (in his hometown basically) but Kyrie has to close out finals for him and gets little recognition for it while some claim be's being carried along.

Any competitor who's closing out finals for the "best player in the world", would probably think he can lead his own team. Right or wrong, I respect it.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Boston losing bradley and Crowder is big... those 2 with smart was hustle and defense that's gonna be missed. Offensively they gonna be tough. Brown and tatum gonna eat

Sorry it's just not going to be as big as people want to make it, Crowder got this lockdown defender title when he's not and he really can't guard multiple positions like that, he's 6'6 without a ton of length and athleticism, if Hayward isn't a better defender it's close enough to being a lateral move where it shouldn't even be mentioned like we just loss something significant, Jaylen already proved he can step in at the 2 and we didnt miss a beat when Avery missed 27 games last year and he really showed his true potential in the playoffs against Bron and my personal favorite moments when he was covering Wall and had him looking clueless, he also got 4 inches on Avery and is an athletic freak, throw in Kyrie>>IT defensively regardless if he isn't a good defender or not we got better defensively overall, a bigger question mark is will Jaylen be able to provide spacing consistently
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How do you go from passing on crowder and a nets pick for jimmy butler and paul george to giving up Isaiah , crowder, and a nets pick for kyrie

I get this, and butler and PG are better players than Hayward, but it still doesnt make sense to give all that up for either one if you know you can get Hayward for nothing.

We can all agree that we would take PG or Butler over Hayward, thats not even a debate, but if I can get Hayward for free, I would probably keep my pieces to make another trade.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk what Boston would have to give up to make Salarys match, but the crazy thing is they still have enough pieces to make a run at Mark Gasol too.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Who wanna play with a ? that can't take a backseat to the best player in the league?

The best player in the league that had to take a backseat as Kyrie closed out the Warriors for that Cavs title in 2015.

Yeah man, let's completely forget what lead up to that shot for ur tired narrative =)=)

Thats exactly the point.

Remember we were talking about why would Kyrie want to leave LBJ at that moment.

Why would Kyrie want to stay under a guy who gets all of the credit (in his hometown basically) but Kyrie has to close out finals for him and gets little recognition for it while some claim be's being carried along.

Any competitor who's closing out finals for the "best player in the world", would probably think he can lead his own team. Right or wrong, I respect it.

What's Kyrie record when LBJ doesn't play?
  • DaBull
    Options
    Hayward wasnt free, they traded their BEST defender Avery Bradley and also had to let Boston number 1 CAC kelly go to Miami

was basically a trade of hayward for bradley and kelly olyick
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

Sorry it's just not going to be as big as people want to make it, Crowder got this lockdown defender title when he's not and he really can't guard multiple positions like that, he's 6'6 without a ton of length and athleticism, if Hayward isn't a better defender it's close enough to being a lateral move where it shouldn't even be mentioned like we just loss something significant, Jaylen already proved he can step in at the 2 and we won't miss a beat when Avery missed 27 games last year and he really showed his true potential in the playoffs against Bron and my personal favorite moments when he was covering Wall and had him looking clueless, he also got 4 inches on Avery and is an athletic freak, throw in Kyrie>>IT defensively regardless if he isn't a good defender or not we got better defensively overall, a bigger question mark is will Jaylen be able to provide spacing consistently

Boston was like the Detroit rick Carlyle chuck Atkins teams on defense hustle heart effort.. kyrie ain't gonna give that... hayword ain't gonna give u that... now Crowder gone. With Bradley...yall goin the golden st offense route cool but what made y'all tough and gritty is gone imo.
  • Beta
    Options
    I said the old Celtics dead
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Thats exactly the point.

What's Kyrie record when LBJ doesn't play?

Whats Lebron's finals record with the Cavs when Kyrie doesn't play?

However, we were talking about why Kyrie would want to leave.
    Obviously, he feels he can be successful elsewhere or would rather lose away from LBJ than win with him.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

Why wouldn't he?
  • Beta
    Options

Why wouldn't he?

Him AND bron getting calls?

Kyrie wasn't even getting calls as much as he should've and he drew contact just as much as IT if not more. Plus he was the focal point in Boston so I see how he could get the whistle like he did. Not in Cleveland though

Maybe though..
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited August 2017
    Options

Why wouldn't he?

Kyrie wasn't even getting calls as much as he should've and he drew contact just as much as IT if not more. Plus he was the focal point in Boston so I see how he could get the whistle like he did. Not in Cleveland though

Maybe though..

Lol @ these ? points :lol:

kyrie usage rate 30% it 34% even if it decreases he'll still have plenty of opportunities & i.t.attacks the rack more than kyrie does.Kyrie just makes way more difficult shots.
  • Beta
    Options

Why wouldn't he?

Maybe though..

Lol @ these ? points :lol:

kyrie usage rate 30% it 34% even if it decreases he'll still have plenty of opportunities & i.t.attacks the rack more than kyrie does.Kyrie just makes way more difficult shots.

Alright man you sure showed me..

I think his whistles will go to down though and his hip doesn't get better that's also a factor