Build a dynasty around 1 player..who will it be?

Options
2»

Comments

• uncle gunnysack
    uncle gunnysack Members Posts: 86 ✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Brady had to rely on his teammates more than Jordan did on his. Basketball and football is apples and oranges as a team game.

so you saying a gifted NBA player with ? poor players around can still stand out vs a gifted NFL player with ? poor players around him?

Clear as day. Great NBA players will be great to a degree regardless of the situation they're in. Great Quarterbacks Can't do ? without their supporting cast.

But I thought the premise of the thread is to "build a dynasty around 1 player". We're not talking about who played on the best team, we're talking about if you could start with one player and build a team around him. I pick Tom Brady because that's pretty much what happened. Nobody from the Superbowl from 2002 was still on the team in the 2017 Superbowl except for Brady.

sooo can Mike vick be just as good with Tom Brady's team around him?

Mike Vick isn't on Tom Brady's level

so are you saying that you can have a great team around a mediocre player... an that player will still be mediocre?

Well there have been teams that won the Superbowl with above average quarterbacks, but not necessarily elite. I remember in 1986 The Bears destroyed the Patriots in the Superbowl. Their QB, Jim McMahon did his job but you never heard from him again. He was basically a good QB that did his job but the rest of the team was responsible for the trophy.

That ? trent dilfer won a ring off of the Ravens defense... same thing with Jeff Hostetter with the giants
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tough decision but I'm going with Brady