Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    ineedpussy wrote: »
    Mastery wrote: »
    Maywood wrote: »
    24/7: Canelo/Golovkin Episode 1
    https://youtu.be/QrdGoqt_Wv4

What's the odds the winner dangles a big check for Floyd?

Floyd already beat Canelo and he too old and small to be fighting GGG. Plus, neither one of them has a big enough fan base to get Mayweather the kind of money he will ask for. Let that man retire in peace haha

oh but what about thurman? floyd dont want them REAL boxer problems

? he old. Thurman need to fight Spence and build his own legacy not try and cash out vs an old Floyd
    ? Spence.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    max saying the same ? about floyd that ive been saying for years but i guess it has weight if it comes out of a reputable boxing reporter like max. smmfh. i give floyd credit for playing the game but dont be calling yourself the best ever when you hand pick fights like mickey did for rock. that ? shouldnt even get into the hall of fame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXAkogS8NM8

? ALL top fighters pick their opponents. This ain't the ? 40s where a mob boss rolls up and tells you that you're going to fight ? Italiano and you're going to take a dive....or else.

You think Pac wasn't picking his opponents? Dlh wasn't? Shane, Roy, Lennox ect? All those dudes have a huge say so in their opponents except when the commissions whose titles they hold give them a mandatory and even then they can choose to vacate and fight who tf they want. Especially in today's game where at a certain level you no longer need a title to valid your prowess or drawing power and the title actually benefits more from a super elite fighter holding it than the fighter does by being champ but that's another convo.

The point is all top boxers pick their opponents. Why do you think it took Floyd so long to fight Dlh and Shane? Both of them and their respective teams were ducking Pretty Boy Floyd. Shane didn't fight him until Shane was on the back side of his career because Shane the A side and one of the p4p best in the 90s and early 2000s was ducking PBF. Not because Floyd waited for Shane to get old but because Shane waited for Shane to get older and his drawing power dropped even though he was champ meanwhile Floyd's was rising.

Bob arum and Dlh wouldn't let Floyd come close to fighting Oscar til he was old and on the downside. Floyd had to threaten them and literally leave the company to get a side billing because they didn't want Floyd's star to exceed Dlh ? ass and they damn sure wasn't trying to fight. Floyd was calling both of them out when he was PBF and they both picked other fighters and ducked Floyd for years.

The legendary beloved boxer and duck artist sugar ray Leonard ducked Marvin Hagler for his whole damn career. He invented the retire so I don't have to fight a mfer strategy that people constantly accuse Floyd of. He set up the rematch with hands of stone so that Duran would be ? up and out of shape.

My favorite boxer of all time RJJ when he was the best in the world in his prime was accused to cherry picking and ducking some killers across the pond that wanted to scrap with him.

The greatest Mexican boxer of all time JCC was also the greatest cherry picker of all time. Not is that "undefeated" streak ? because he actually lost a fight early on in his career and some unsavory people "suggested" it be stricken from the record or switched to a W. But on the subject of cherry picking. This ? was well into his career I'm talk 50-60-70 fights in already a legend fighting mfers with losing records, 0-0 records, got damn bus drivers, school cafeteria ladies, any laborer looking for work down at the home depot but no one ever questions his pillow top mattress padded resume or accuses him or the other guys of cherry picking or whatever.

And there is one main reason why... Because Floyd played the game and won. He was the one fighter in history to flip the script on the powers that be behind the scenes and in the bank. And there has been an obvious concerted effort to stain that man's accomplishments, career and legacy on multiple fronts. Not to just destroy the man's legacy without cause but more so to deter other boxers from taking the money Mayweather blueprint to success. He's the one boxer in history to beat the system meant to keep him in place. He was like neo to the boxing matrix not only in the ring but just as important on the business side. He finished his career at 50-0 but the way he showed other fighters how to take control of their own careers and they was he beat the system, he should really be 51-0.

Give that man his props and stop buying into the ? that he's somehow less of a fighter for being a better smarter boxer and businessman.

I was with you up until two things

pac picks his opponents was your first fukk up...

then speaking about ? ass Roy...lighting fast taxi driver assassin

roy beat Virgil Hill Toney Hopkins Griffin, Gonzalez, Mccallum Tarver Pazienza Cinton Wood, Sosa Harding... all former worl champions... stop letting salty crackers use lies to spread false propaganda and u believe it.... They let all those euro fighters in Benn, Eubank and Collins stay over in the uk and fight each other and never have to move up or come to thestates to fight Roy Hopkins or Toney. Same with Darious M and Joe Calzaghe in the late 90s and early 2000s... then when they got old and faded Joe grew nutts and fought them. ? always fall for the okie doke, same ? they did to Sweet then Roy and now Floyd. WHy is it all the great black fighters who arent ? get labeled duckers? use ur brain homie

? I just dont like Roy......can I have that?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    max saying the same ? about floyd that ive been saying for years but i guess it has weight if it comes out of a reputable boxing reporter like max. smmfh. i give floyd credit for playing the game but dont be calling yourself the best ever when you hand pick fights like mickey did for rock. that ? shouldnt even get into the hall of fame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXAkogS8NM8

? ALL top fighters pick their opponents. This ain't the ? 40s where a mob boss rolls up and tells you that you're going to fight ? Italiano and you're going to take a dive....or else.

You think Pac wasn't picking his opponents? Dlh wasn't? Shane, Roy, Lennox ect? All those dudes have a huge say so in their opponents except when the commissions whose titles they hold give them a mandatory and even then they can choose to vacate and fight who tf they want. Especially in today's game where at a certain level you no longer need a title to valid your prowess or drawing power and the title actually benefits more from a super elite fighter holding it than the fighter does by being champ but that's another convo.

The point is all top boxers pick their opponents. Why do you think it took Floyd so long to fight Dlh and Shane? Both of them and their respective teams were ducking Pretty Boy Floyd. Shane didn't fight him until Shane was on the back side of his career because Shane the A side and one of the p4p best in the 90s and early 2000s was ducking PBF. Not because Floyd waited for Shane to get old but because Shane waited for Shane to get older and his drawing power dropped even though he was champ meanwhile Floyd's was rising.

Bob arum and Dlh wouldn't let Floyd come close to fighting Oscar til he was old and on the downside. Floyd had to threaten them and literally leave the company to get a side billing because they didn't want Floyd's star to exceed Dlh ? ass and they damn sure wasn't trying to fight. Floyd was calling both of them out when he was PBF and they both picked other fighters and ducked Floyd for years.

The legendary beloved boxer and duck artist sugar ray Leonard ducked Marvin Hagler for his whole damn career. He invented the retire so I don't have to fight a mfer strategy that people constantly accuse Floyd of. He set up the rematch with hands of stone so that Duran would be ? up and out of shape.

My favorite boxer of all time RJJ when he was the best in the world in his prime was accused to cherry picking and ducking some killers across the pond that wanted to scrap with him.

The greatest Mexican boxer of all time JCC was also the greatest cherry picker of all time. Not is that "undefeated" streak ? because he actually lost a fight early on in his career and some unsavory people "suggested" it be stricken from the record or switched to a W. But on the subject of cherry picking. This ? was well into his career I'm talk 50-60-70 fights in already a legend fighting mfers with losing records, 0-0 records, got damn bus drivers, school cafeteria ladies, any laborer looking for work down at the home depot but no one ever questions his pillow top mattress padded resume or accuses him or the other guys of cherry picking or whatever.

And there is one main reason why... Because Floyd played the game and won. He was the one fighter in history to flip the script on the powers that be behind the scenes and in the bank. And there has been an obvious concerted effort to stain that man's accomplishments, career and legacy on multiple fronts. Not to just destroy the man's legacy without cause but more so to deter other boxers from taking the money Mayweather blueprint to success. He's the one boxer in history to beat the system meant to keep him in place. He was like neo to the boxing matrix not only in the ring but just as important on the business side. He finished his career at 50-0 but the way he showed other fighters how to take control of their own careers and they was he beat the system, he should really be 51-0.

Give that man his props and stop buying into the ? that he's somehow less of a fighter for being a better smarter boxer and businessman.

I was with you up until two things

pac picks his opponents was your first fukk up...

then speaking about ? ass Roy...lighting fast taxi driver assassin

roy beat Virgil Hill Toney Hopkins Griffin, Gonzalez, Mccallum Tarver Pazienza Cinton Wood, Sosa Harding... all former worl champions... stop letting salty crackers use lies to spread false propaganda and u believe it.... They let all those euro fighters in Benn, Eubank and Collins stay over in the uk and fight each other and never have to move up or come to thestates to fight Roy Hopkins or Toney. Same with Darious M and Joe Calzaghe in the late 90s and early 2000s... then when they got old and faded Joe grew nutts and fought them. ? always fall for the okie doke, same ? they did to Sweet then Roy and now Floyd. WHy is it all the great black fighters who arent ? get labeled duckers? use ur brain homie

? I just dont like Roy......can I have that?

That's a better answer... I respect hate over fuckshit ? lies
  • DoubleShotHelix
    DoubleShotHelix Members Posts: 500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Floyd already beat Canelo and he too old and small to be fighting GGG. Plus, neither one of them has a big enough fan base to get Mayweather the kind of money he will ask for. Let that man retire in peace haha

It ain't Floyd fault that one time one dimensional ass is just not hitting his prime... For the record p4p Thurman been exposed and Floyd's inside game is Keith's weakness. Floyd in his prime would destroy One time. But the ? old now
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-horn-rematch-get-pushed-back-2018--119976
    Pacquiao-Horn Rematch Could Get Pushed Back To 2018

By Miguel Rivera

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum revealed that the rematch between Manny Pacquiao and Jeff Horn, for the World Boxing Organization welterweight title and tentatively scheduled for November 12 in Australia has not been finalized as of yet and there is the possibility now of the second fight heading to 2018.

Back in July, before a crowd of over 51,000 at the Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane, Horn won shocking twelve round unanimous decision over Pacquiao to capture the WBO belt. There is an immediate rematch clause for Pacquiao to exercise.

"Manny is deciding if he wants a rematch this year or next year. If he decides to postpone it, we will make a fight for Jeff in November against a good opponent in Brisbane," explained Bob Arum to ESPN Deportes.

In the coming days, Arum hopes to travel to Manila to get Pacquiao's decision. The eight division champion, now 38 years old, is very busy with his full-time job as a senator in the Philippines.

Regarding Pacquiao's reasons for delaying the fight, tentatively for the first quarter of 2018, Arum said:

"I imagine he has many duties as a senator, he is no longer a young guy and the last fight was very physical, and he may need more time to get ready for a rematch. We'll know in the next few days. "

Regarding the future of Horn, Arum notes that either way he will fight in November against a first-rate opponent, although it would no longer be in the Suncorp Stadium.

"Horn would fight one of the best welterweights and try to do the same kind of business, maybe not the same as he would have done with Pacquiao and we'll have to adjust prices, look for a smaller place, but if Manny can not fight until the next year - we have a young champion and we have an obligation to keep him active," Arum said.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

But Mikey too small for Crawford? Smh boxing full of ?
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They need to send Crawford to Australia if Pacquiao rematch doesn't happen.

No one wants to see Jeff Horn vs a tune up.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rumors are Mayweather vs McGregor did 6.5 million pay per view buys
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watching this cotto fight Cotto gave dude 8 rounds of work in 2rounds so far... roach gets way too much credit for Cotto

Pedro did that
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

Floyd after De la Hoya has been the one who dangles the check and makes the offer.

GGG & Canelo are way too big for Floyd to fight.

Floyd already beat Canelo.

Decisively too...

Wall just said that

A younger Floyd(still well past prime) beat Canelo at 152. Canelo ain't fighting below 160 again. So even if Floyd decided to fight him again it wouldn't be below 160 and he would be even older. So my statement remains GGG & Canelo are way too big for Floyd to fight.

So you ain't telling me ? and you really don't need to tell me what somebody else said.
  • Mastery
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »

Oh I'm sure of that haha

@JLacey We tried to tell that hard headed ass ? @? _Caesar it would set the record haha
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »

Oh I'm sure of that haha

@JLacey We tried to tell that hard headed ass ? @? _Caesar it would set the record haha

I ain't mad at folks getting their money.

If they broke the record even if its less than 6.5 mill that is a lot of ? people
  • Mastery
    Options
    We got Antonio Margarito vs. Carson Jones on Saturday
  • Mastery
    Options

I remove myself from that "we" ? that fight!!

LLS

That's assuming the "We" included you in the first place.

FOH you Stark bastard! haha
  • D. Morgan
    Options

I remove myself from that "we" ? that fight!!

LLS

That's assuming the "We" included you in the first place.

FOH you Stark bastard! haha

Thinking of a come back so for now
    giphy.gif
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-slams-mayweather-mcgregor-regrettable-boxing-bout--119988
    Arum Slams Mayweather, McGregor For 'Regrettable' Boxing Bout

Top Boxing promoters Bob Arum and Oscar De La Hoya have joined a number of others in the boxing world to condemn the Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor fight as a farce.

De La Hoya said that what he saw in the T Mobile Arena in Las Vegas was a shame in all aspects and made a mockery of the sport, as the fight contained no actual boxing.

"You can see the video of the fight and it will be verified that it was pathetic," De La Hoya said. "It was simply treated, as we already knew, as a millionaire mockery, that those who watch over the integrity of boxing allowed to happen."

This sentiment was echoed by Arum, who was in Las Vegas to sign a contract with ESPN to broadcast fights that will look to re-highlight the importance of boxing.

"There is nothing new to be said," Arum added. "We anticipated that this fight would be an unfortunate exhibition, who's only purpose was to deceive fans by putting this type of boxing on the screen."

UFC President Dana White has said that he hopes to speak to McGregor very soon about his return to mixed martial arts, and his return is sure to be a success after sharing a ring with Mayweather.

"It was a good experience, but I do not even want to imagine that it could be repeated, I do not want to mention that to my fighters," said White. "The event was unique, the two big stars of each sport facing each other, it will probably never happen again..at least I hope not."

Arum felt the in-ring showing by both was terrible.

"Both gave a regrettable show of boxing, one because he did not know much, much less put in a blow that a child in the boxing gym would know to do, and the other because he did not destroy his opponent in the first round," Arum raged. "It was the most awkward boxing fight in the history of Las Vegas."

Despite the criticisms, both boxers were praised in their dressing room doors by famous Hollywood faces, and Mayweather pocketed an immediate $100 million, with the potential for it to rise to as high as $300 million.

Scammer Bob comes with his crying...
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I find it hilarious that Dela Hoya is griping about Floyd last few opponents when he declined Floyd rematch offer before the Berto fight.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? he old. Thurman need to fight Spence and build his own legacy not try and cash out vs an old Floyd

then what about floyd......? it. yall got it. yall boxing experts now.