Does a person's character matter, outside of your benefit or entertainment?

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy
did trumps character matter as long as some benefitted?

does an abusive / cheater character matter if you ain't gotta work no more?

maybe it's me but it seems character doesn't matter nowadays.

even trolling is promoted more as long as we are entertained....an people lose who they are to be something they are not .

let's talk about it.

Does a person's character matter, outside of your benefit or entertainment? 12 votes

yep
83%
2stepz_aheadobnoxiouslyfreshhueymryounggunblue_londonWill MunnygoldenjaTrillfateBrideofKillaFosheezy 10 votes
nah
16%
babelipsssblackgod813 2 votes

Comments

• banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You really asking this question in the illpix
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    yep
    think rkelly...

he fukks kids

but how many parents overlooked his character for a check or pulling ass listening to 12 play?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On a general sociological level character has not mattered for decades. Most people think integrity is a scientifc word or some ? . To me personally? character is everything.
  • Broddie
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Mind you I can overlook poor character from artists because their art is not neccessarily meant to reflect their character. So it's easier to just focus on the art while ignoring their ? .

Which is why I could still watch Mel Gibson movies or The Cosby Show and could still listen to R. Kelly songs. I may no longer respect those men personally but I could ? with their art.

However when your character is your bread and butter like with politicians it's not so easy to overlook. Same with folks in your personal life.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nah
    No character of a person does not matter as long as i gain or laugh an im not emotionally hurt..r kelly ? on a girl but r kelly has great songs so i don't care i reap an have joy from it..trump wants mexicans to leave families ruined but im not Mexican so i don't care less of them more welfare for me.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When it comes to politicians your character thoughts/words/ have a tremendous affect on how you govern the policies you enact.. the weight of your words.. If you support someone with fatal character flaws ... you support/aid and bolster them..

A vote for Trump at the most basic levels means your an idiot or a racist.... he was so bold on both accounts.. There was nothing slick, nothing unknown and 63 million people supported everything we knew about him.. thats very telling. whatever it tells its not good either way
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nah
    We are all hypocrites at some point in our lives. Our tolerance levels fluctuate with every changing situation. No one is one dimensional.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Being multifaceted and having poor character are not mutually exclusive though.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lots of big words in this thread
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    With celebrities it gives them support beyond entertainment. People will ? with you on all positive levels if given the chance. But if you have poor character, people will view you as object. Only as useful as the product you put out. Also makes you an easier target for the public.

Basically, the same way it goes in the streets.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I listen to Michael Jackson I don't think about allegations involving his character, but when you are a world leader and not strictly an entertainer, character matters because it could affect decisions that affect others.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Same OG Supv. I mention from time 2 time told me: "Appreciate ya idols @ work, on the screen, court and the field". Didn't get it then but today I understand. Everybody is only human. Some have and display more fault than others but everyone has a vice. Might break ya heart to learn the truth about someone U look up too. Pulpit too. I just enjoy the movie, music, game whatever and KIM.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Mind you I can overlook poor character from artists because their art is not neccessarily meant to reflect their character. So it's easier to just focus on the art while ignoring their ? .

Which is why I could still watch Mel Gibson movies or The Cosby Show and could still listen to R. Kelly songs. I may no longer respect those men personally but I could ? with their art.

However when your character is your bread and butter like with politicians it's not so easy to overlook. Same with folks in your personal life.

That's what makes R. Kelly different to many people though. The man sings about sex 95% of the time and his main character flaw involves sex w/ underage girls. So nah you can't really separate those 2. As for the thread itself, yeah a person's character does matter in terms of whether or not I support of engage in their product. At a certain point who you are matters just as much as what you do.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    babelipsss wrote: »
    We are all hypocrites at some point in our lives. Our tolerance levels fluctuate with every changing situation. No one is one dimensional.

Of course everyone is a hypocrite at a certain point, but lets not act like there aren't levels to things.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yep
    Character is everything.

Live by that.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It depends on what level of character I expect out of a person.... and how much I am invested.

On a general level I would love for all individuals to have a high level of integrity. It makes it easier to understand someone's point of view even when you don't agree with them or when they make mistakes.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Character matters, but so do individual circumstances.

Dude is a liar, cheat and a drug dealer. Poor character, right?

Now find out he grew up in foster care with no real life instruction, he was never really loved nor taught to love, and he's hustling to survive.

Maybe his character is technically poor, but his circumstances change the perspective.

Maybe instead of complete avoidance, being an example and a friend (not a sucker) is a better way to go.
  • Kat
    Options
    I don't think I answered that correctly but its still true.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    yep
    Kat wrote: »
    Character matters, but so do individual circumstances.

Dude is a liar, cheat and a drug dealer. Poor character, right?

Now find out he grew up in foster care with no real life instruction, he was never really loved nor taught to love, and he's hustling to survive.

Maybe his character is technically poor, but his circumstances change the perspective.

Maybe instead of complete avoidance, being an example and a friend (not a sucker) is a better way to go.

who told you that?
  • Kat
    Options