The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Options

Comments

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mc317 wrote: »
    ? them daca ? go the ? home ?

Lmfao mo jobs for us

Have fun picking strawberries and cuttin grass

And...

Cleaning hotel rooms

Bussin tables

Cleaning folks houses

Being nannies

Workin fast food

Building

Working the fields

Pretty much any low wage paying, labor inducing job that a lot of so-called "real" Americans aren't willing to do b/c they feel it's was beneath them.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? these late nite talk shows are unfunny
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

This ? prolly didnt like all the bad press. Claims he will "revist" it if congress cant fix it....okay. ? basically threw sessions under the bus again lol
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao seth myers said trump thinks obamas middle name is daca thats why he wanna get rid of it
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lmfao mo jobs for us

I worked for a temp agency for a brief period, and they sent me to a warehouse where they would pack 40 to 50 pound bags of spice and other powdered ingredients in big ass bags then stack them ? on pallets and load the pallets into trucks.

I was out of college and needed money badly. A ? was hurting. The agency said the job paid like 14 $ per hour and the assignment would last 3 months. I was like 14 $ per hour!!!..... ? thats gravy. All's I need is a couple checks at 40 hours and I'll be back on my feet. ? , I might even cop me some J's after the first couple of checks and stack my bread up right? Nope.

So, this warehouse didnt have any climate control and mind you this was the middle of the summer near Chicago so its like 90 degrees outside and felt like 100 inside the warehouse. My first day there I notice it's like 98% Hispanic with the only whites being the crew chiefs and forklift operators along with 2 other unfortunate negroes including myself.

I shoulda knew something was off when they forced all the employees to stretch for 15 mins before the shift. These 40 to 50 pounds bags would come down a conveyer belt non-? stop and you would have to pick them ? up and stack them on a pallet from the ground up at a pretty decent pace or the whole line would back up. I finished loading my first pallet and I told the Mexican guy training me "I need a break. It's really hot." The ? laughed at me and said we just started and you need a break? I was already in a full sweat after like 5 mins.

tumblr_oobgdstkPS1u2ragso1_500.gif

After 3 hours of that ? , I was exhausted. I kid you not, the only 1 or 2 hispanic females there were out working me....i was like ? Damn!!! The temp agency sent me there with another brother who started at the same time, and he tapped out after the first day. ? was so labor intensive I would wake up tired and go to sleep mad and cranky ? . I would have to take 20 mins showers to wash the powder and spice off me. 1 week is all I could muster. I never worked so hard in my life.

They couldnt offer me enough money to do that ? today. Too ? damn labor intensive. I was having lower back pain for a while after quiting that ? . Back then I was 23 and fit with lower back pain because of all the lifting and bending...smh. When they say Americans don't want those jobs. It's not a buzz phrase. They actually don't. I know for sure I dont and that's from experience.

Funny story but it's has a lot of validity in regards to most Latin American immigrants.

A lot of them will go take labor intensive low skill wage jobs that Blacks and Whites don't want to be bothered with.

Got Negroes thinking Julio from south of the border who likely does some minimal job like tending to produce and livestock on a farm, working construction or landscaping, or working in some manufacturing job in likely deplorable conditions is taking their piece of the American pie when most Negroes not pursuing that type of work in significant numbers anyway.

Meanwhile the White man who has a hand in everyone's pocket is playing you all against one another while he continues to finesse your pockets and your attitude towards people who are not like you.

A lot of White men build their empire on the back of that cheap labor. Folks are also naive if they don't know if those same men somehow had to pay their employees more that those higher wages wouldn't somehow be floated back to the consumers (you) in the form of a higher price for goods and services.

Most of those Latin American workers would work all day with no benefits, few if any breaks, and for a third of the pay more traditional Black and White American workers would be demanding.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Lmao seth myers said trump thinks obamas middle name is daca thats why he wanna get rid of it

Pretty unfunny
  • naledgestate
    naledgestate Members Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »

Lmfao mo jobs for us

I worked for a temp agency for a brief period, and they sent me to a warehouse where they would pack 40 to 50 pound bags of spice and other powdered ingredients in big ass bags then stack them ? on pallets and load the pallets into trucks.

I was out of college and needed money badly. A ? was hurting. The agency said the job paid like 14 $ per hour and the assignment would last 3 months. I was like 14 $ per hour!!!..... ? thats gravy. All's I need is a couple checks at 40 hours and I'll be back on my feet. ? , I might even cop me some J's after the first couple of checks and stack my bread up right? Nope.

So, this warehouse didnt have any climate control and mind you this was the middle of the summer near Chicago so its like 90 degrees outside and felt like 100 inside the warehouse. My first day there I notice it's like 98% Hispanic with the only whites being the crew chiefs and forklift operators along with 2 other unfortunate negroes including myself.

I shoulda knew something was off when they forced all the employees to stretch for 15 mins before the shift. These 40 to 50 pounds bags would come down a conveyer belt non-? stop and you would have to pick them ? up and stack them on a pallet from the ground up at a pretty decent pace or the whole line would back up. I finished loading my first pallet and I told the Mexican guy training me "I need a break. It's really hot." The ? laughed at me and said we just started and you need a break? I was already in a full sweat after like 5 mins.

After 3 hours of that ? , I was exhausted. I kid you not, the only 1 or 2 hispanic females there were out working me....i was like ? Damn!!! The temp agency sent me there with another brother who started at the same time, and he tapped out after the first day. ? was so labor intensive I would wake up tired and go to sleep mad and cranky ? . I would have to take 20 mins showers to wash the powder and spice off me. 1 week is all I could muster. I never worked so hard in my life.

They couldnt offer me enough money to do that ? today. Too ? damn labor intensive. I was having lower back pain for a while after quiting that ? . Back then I was 23 and fit with lower back pain because of all the lifting and bending...smh. When they say Americans don't want those jobs. It's not a buzz phrase. They actually don't. I know for sure I dont and that's from experience.

Funny story but it's has a lot of validity in regards to most Latin American immigrants.

A lot of them will go take labor intensive low skill wage jobs that Blacks and Whites don't want to be bothered with.

Got Negroes thinking Julio from south of the border who likely does some minimal job like tending to produce and livestock on a farm, working construction or landscaping, or working in some manufacturing job in likely deplorable conditions is taking their piece of the American pie when most Negroes not pursuing that type of work in significant numbers anyway.

Meanwhile the White man who has a hand in everyone's pocket is playing you all against one another while he continues to finesse your pockets and your attitude towards people who are not like you.

A lot of White men build their empire on the back of that cheap labor. Folks are also naive if they don't know if those same men somehow had to pay their employees more that those higher wages wouldn't somehow be floated back to the consumers (you) in the form of a higher price for goods and services.

Most of those Latin American workers would work all day with no benefits, few if any breaks, and for a third of the pay more traditional Black and White American workers would be demanding.

Some of those jobs actually have decent pay believe it or not.

I remember watching this segment on the news where this farm owner was paying vegetable pickers 15 $ per hour w/ benefits and he couldnt retain pretty much any American born workers because how labor intensive the work was. The farm owner was trying to recruit American workers because Obama was clamping down and deporting a lot of his undocumented workers.

A grape picker in Nappa Valley can make 30-45k in Cali with benefits, but Americans still dont want to work those jobs.

http://latimes.com/projects/la-fi-farms-immigration/

Although Trump earned Klein’s vote, he worries that recent executive orders ratcheting up deportation plans and calling for a wall are putting a chokehold on an already tight pool of workers.

“That’s killing our labor force,” says the 35-year-old grower.

How do Republicans make people vote against their own interests is beyond me?

So, the grower in the article risks going bankrupt, but still gave Trump his vote. Smh. ? .
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Pretty unfunny

Seth Myers is ? atrocious.

Conan >>>>>>>>>>>>> all them bums

At least he's actually funny.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

Pretty unfunny

Conan on nbc >>>>>>>>>>>>> all them bums

Fixed
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »

Lmfao mo jobs for us

Some of those jobs actually have decent pay believe it or not.

I remember watching this segment on the news where this farm owner was paying vegetable pickers 15 $ per hour w/ benefits and he couldnt retain pretty much any American born workers because how labor intensive the work was. The farm owner was trying to recruit American workers because Obama was clamping down and deporting a lot of his undocumented workers.

A grape picker in Nappa Valley can make 30-45k in Cali with benefits, but Americans still dont want to work those jobs.

http://latimes.com/projects/la-fi-farms-immigration/

Although Trump earned Klein’s vote, he worries that recent executive orders ratcheting up deportation plans and calling for a wall are putting a chokehold on an already tight pool of workers.

“That’s killing our labor force,” says the 35-year-old grower.

How do Republicans make people vote against their own interests is beyond me?

So, the grower in the article risks going bankrupt, but still gave Trump his vote. Smh. ? .
    Because the average person is a ? idiot

• Broddie
    Options

Pretty unfunny

Conan on nbc >>>>>>>>>>>>> all them bums

Fixed

Conan on TBS >>>>>>>>> Conan on The Tonight Show

The skits with Jordan Schlansky alone are worth it.

But Late Night era Conan trumps them all. Especially from '94 - '02
  • Broddie
    Options
    "Is it oochie wally wally or is it one mic?"
  • Broddie
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Lmao feel the wrath GOP now that you finally realize he's been in business for himself and no one else. Hey at least he kinda stayed true to his principles this time ha ha ha.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/trump-democrats-harvey-aid-short-term-debt-limit-funding
    Did Dems Just Roll Trump? POTUS Agrees To Short-Term Debt Limit Hike

During a meeting with congressional leaders at the White House on Wednesday, President Donald Trump backed a proposal from Democrats to tie aid for Hurricane Harvey to a three-month debt limit increase and a short-term government funding bill through December – much to the reported consternation of congressional Republicans.

“In the meeting, the President and Congressional leadership agreed to pass aid for Harvey, an extension of the debt limit, and a continuing resolution both to December 15, all together. Both sides have every intention of avoiding default in December and look forward to working together on the many issues before us,” Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), announced in a statement after meeting with Trump.

Speaking to reporters on Air Force One after the meeting, Trump confirmed that he reached a deal with congressional leaders on a package to raise the debt limit and fund the government through Dec. 15, tying that to an initial aid package for Hurricane Harvey.

Republican sources told the Washington Post and Politico’s Jake Sherman that Trump backed the Democrats’ plan despite opposition from Republican leaders present in the meeting.

The White House had been pushing for Congress to tie a long-term debt limit increase to legislation providing initial disaster relief funding for Hurricane Harvey.

Though Republican leaders reportedly did not support Democrats’ pitch to link Harvey aid to a three-month debt limit increase and government funding measure, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) said Wednesday afternoon that he would support the plan. McConnell told reporters that Trump reached the deal with Schumer and Pelosi in the meeting with congressional leaders today.

Trump’s decision to side with the Democrats left conservatives fuming. Sen. Thom Tillis (R-NC) described the deal as fiscal malpractice, and the conservative Heritage Foundation blasted the proposal as “political cowardice.”
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

how did this phrase start?
  • Broddie
    Options

how did this phrase start?

Song: Blueprint 2 by Jay-Z

Verse: 2
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.mediaite.com/online/rush-limbaugh-hurricane-irma-part-of-deep-state-conspiracy-to-advance-climate-change-agenda/
    Rush Limbaugh Suggests Hurricane Irma Part of ‘Deep State’ Conspiracy to Advance ‘Climate Change Agenda’

Well, it appears that conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh is a Hurricane Irma truther.

During Tuesday’s broadcast of The Rush Limbaugh Show, the right-wing pundit decided to provide his own personal analysis as residents in the Caribbean and South Florida are scrambling for safety and supplies as the Category 5 hurricane bears down on them.

“The reason that I am leery of forecasts this far out, folks, is because I see how the system works,” Limbaugh noted, adding that this is something you can see in the way “the deep state deals with Trump.”

The conservative stalwart went on to claim that meteorologists and an “abundance of people” believe “that man-made climate change is real” and also believed Al Gore when he said hurricanes would be stronger and more abundant than in previous years.

“And, of course, when Harvey hit, it was the first hurricane that had hit in 12 years,” he stated. “There haven’t been more hurricanes and they’re no more dangerous than any others in previous years.”

Limbaugh wasn’t done, though, as he wanted his audience to know that all of the attention on the dangerous storm was as a way to get people to believe in climate change.

“So there is a desire to advance this climate change agenda, and hurricanes are one of the fastest and best ways to do it,” Limbaugh declared. “You can accomplish a lot just by creating fear and panic. You don’t even need a hurricane to hit anywhere.”

He finished off by claiming that hurricane panic also benefitted retailers and the media, as stores are able to sell large quantities of bottled water and other supplies, and the media gains by getting more viewers who are watching for storm coverage.

Finally, it would seem a bit odd that Limbaugh thinks Hurricane Irma is a left-wing hoax, especially considering how much coverage the Drudge Report gave the storm on Tuesday.

t7lwkh.gif
  • Broddie
    Options
    I first read this book 20 yrs ago

1000773.jpg

Safe to say that it's title never lost relevancy.