DC: Rebirth

Options

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Can anyone give me some bulletpoints on the current arcs going on in DC? So damn far behind. I have no knowledge of this Dark Knight metal stuff. Brief updates on the Core characters would be dope and greatly appreciated.

Any books fall off or change writers and got better?

Yeah its hard to keep up fam lol...especially bats, that ? is everywhere...

- Deathstroke quit being deathstroke (for now I guess) and is training some variation of the titans/justice league...? rocks a cape, team consists of powergirl, kid flash, his son, daughter n terra. They all rock new black n white suits lol.

- Hal Jordan n the green lantern corps...green n yellow teamed up under John Stewart n Sinostro's daughter... now they're separated again. Won't spoil why...

- Aquaman was dethroned, he is presumed dead, hiding in the ghettos of Atlantis now lol. The new king has isolated Atlantis with ancient banned magic, no way in or out. Mera n the JL are trying to get back in n ? .

- action comics (this was also covered in SS, Superman) Zod broke free, reunited with his wife n son...thought this was hilarious:
    4mc7a5rlo65x.jpg

currently this is going down:

46oqagdv117e.jpg

Dope thanks! Did pre new 52 Supes ever revive new 52 superman?? Last i read he tried and did the same thing that revived him way back in the day, but New 52 supes never appeared so he just kept going as this universes superman.

Im probably gonna jump back in buying comics when Doomsday clock starts up. Not gonna follow as many titles as i did, its hard though because when i do buy I like to keep up with what every character is up to and how big events effect their stories haha. Then it sucks when Batman and Superman have like 5 books they appear in every month.

I hope they do another Sinestro book. His book at the end of new 52 was GOAT and i wish they kept that going.

I liked the Aquaman book. I thought it was cool to make it a political story and him ruling over atlantis. Ill probably watch some Recap vids by comicstorian to catch up on everything before doomsday clock.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There was no "new" or "pre-52" Superman. It was the same guy split in 2. He put himself back together in Superman Reborn.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Being a father made me weak man lmao. Latest bats war of jokes n riddles, Kiteman(lol) remembering the convo with his dead son allmost broke my heart lol smh.

Parallax Supes v Sinestro was kinda dissapointing...

Latest Flash was quite interesting...wont spoil anything though...
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Deathstroke's plot is cool af at the moment..

r67xpftsaky8.jpg
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So Mr. Oz is
    Jor-El
    ?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    So Mr. Oz is
    Jor-El
    ?

Yep. Lol
  • Broddie
    edited September 2017
    Options
    WTF

Where was this revealed? I've only been buying Batman to complete this jokes and riddles thing. Last I left Superman at was the Manchester Black and Revenge stories.
  • jono
    Options
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    CWDC TV Crossover, it also connects with Freedom Fighters: The Ray animated Show on CW Seed that comes out soon.

qmytl3.jpg
  • nujerz84
    Options
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    Heard the War of Jokes and Riddles ended with a whimper
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Just finished a kevin j. Anderson novel called enemies and allies...setting is early 50s, cold war...bats, supes, lex n lois...

Even though it wasn't the most well written or deeply layered as it could have been, ? still was compelling af and made me realize once again how much they ? up luthor in the bats v supes movie, ? the film all together...

If any of y'all could recommend DC related novels, ? would be appreciated...
  • HundredEyes
    Options

What it's out already?

*WAs comic supplier
  • lord nemesis
    edited October 2017
    Options

What it's out already?

*WAs comic supplier

Yeah. Arc wrapped with today's #32. I read the spoilers and some discussion. Didn't make me miss abandoning King's run after I Am Gotham.
  • jono
    edited October 2017
    Options

Bruh...that ? jumped the shark awhile back. It's been off the rails for awhile.

Tom King is brilliant but his Batman is not. This whole run been milquetoast to me.

Mister Miracle though? Sheeeesh.
  • Broddie
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I'm only buying it cause I hate having gaps in my collection but I'm done with Batman after this. Should look into the new Mister Miracle series.
  • jono
    Options
    Do it. King brings a realism to Mister Miracle that is amazing. It's very similar to what he did in the Vision series.
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Yeah the war of jokes n riddles ending didn't conclude to well...that riddler ether to bats was hilarious though....

Only reason I'm still checking for the Batman rebirth books is cause it's well...the gottdamn Batman but outta the 32 dropped so far at least half of em really ain't worth the read...it's a damn shame...and now with this whole getting married to selina angle...? simply not as compelling as it could be...

Good news with Nolan's Bane though, thought it was only going to be a 6 issue book but they're setting up a Bane v. Kobra angle and they're continuing the series...
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Deathstroke, Aquaman, Action comics, Bane, Hal Jordan n the Corps and Superman - regardless of the weak 2 patriotism issues - are well worth your money... The rest I check out at readcomiconline...

? Justice League is awesome now man...or was it Trinity? John Constantine and co all up in that ? now.
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Check out the latest detective comics if you're interested in Oz/Jor El n Tim the ? drake
  • nujerz84
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Doomsday Clock ..is a Watchmen Sequel first 6 pages revealed

https://youtu.be/LJl-se_wvZg

And two main questions I have about Rorschach and how Superman/Batman/DC were fictional characters in Watchmen Universe will be explained/answered.
  • Broddie
    edited October 2017
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »

And two main questions I have about Rorschach and how Superman/Batman/DC were fictional characters in Watchmen Universe will be explained/answered.

Did you ever read Multiversity?

Every Earth in the DC multiverse is a comic book series on another Earth. This even goes back to the Golden Age. Jay Garrick was The Flash that Barry Allen read about in comic books as a kid.
  • nujerz84
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    nujerz84 wrote: »

Did you ever read Multiversity?

Every Earth in the DC multiverse is a comic book series on another Earth. This even goes back to the Golden Age. Jay Garrick was The Flash that Barry Allen read about in comic books as a kid.

I have Multiversity and that story and DC have used the whole comics were fiction but actually happened arc before.

Watchmen though was never a part of the DC Multiverse it was always separate from any DC Continuity in a Real World type setting.

Now if you recall there is 7 unknown worlds/earths in the Multiverse..perhaps Watchmen universe could be one of them.
  • jono
    Options
    I wish DC hadn't touched Watchmen at all.
    This ? can only go bad.

They'll have to ? with the canon to make it make sense. Middle aged heroes with no powers will get boring as ? quick in DC.

The psychology of the series will be lost too. They're going to turn them into generic heroes within 3 years and this will be for nothing.

What I want: Justice League Dark. Loved that ? .