What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

WTF did Snoop sample?

DaChefDaChef Posts: 261 ✭✭
edited March 2012 in The Reason
So I've been tryin to figure out the name of the Ol' School song that Snoop copies when he is singin' @ 4:08 in I GET LIFTED from his collab with Wiz. If anyone knows or has a relative from the Ol' School who might know please find out. Tried askin my parents, but they don't remember, tried typin lyrics on yahoo and google and nothin comes up. I know that older song came out around 1990 because that shit is in one of my family's old home videos when my sister was baptized, and i never forgot that song and all my relatives dancin n' shit in the video lol. link below

youtube.com/watch?v=RDFgLiVxCfk

Replies

• the best 1the best 1 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭✭
    All the old school cats on the board should know where Snoop got that from...

After 7 - "Can't Stop"

"Can't Stop" is the title of a number-one R&B single by After 7 and the third single from the group's self-titled debut album. The hit song reached number six on the Billboard Hot 100 and spent one week at number-one on the US R&B chart.[1]. "Can't Stop" also peaked at number twenty-five on the dance charts.[2].
  • DaChefDaChef Posts: 261 ✭✭
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    RIP Nate Dogg

Yeah ur right. It would have been nice to have Nate sing that part.
  • DaChefDaChef Posts: 261 ✭✭
    the best 1 wrote: »
    All the old school cats on the board should know where Snoop got that from...

After 7 - "Can't Stop"

"Can't Stop" is the title of a number-one R&B single by After 7 and the third single from the group's self-titled debut album. The hit song reached number six on the Billboard Hot 100 and spent one week at number-one on the US R&B chart.[1]. "Can't Stop" also peaked at number twenty-five on the dance charts.[2].

Nice, yeah I found out these were Babyface's Brothers and Babyface and LA Reid produced this song.