What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Life Is Good bout to sell 55k second week

1235»

Replies

  • deathrowzorrowdeathrowzorrow Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ha!
  • Cabana_Da_DonCabana_Da_Don Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    uolag wrote: »
    "If your message ain't shit, fuck the records you sold, because if you go platinum, it's got nothing to do with luck, it just mean that a million people are stupid as fuck" Immortal Technique

    Yall knew i was gonna quote that. I'm so predictable.

    I remember when he said that shit lol.
  • shareef242shareef242 Posts: 186 ✭✭
    Jamaica wrote: »
    It will go gold by the end of the year. Doing steady numbers>>fizziling out.

    Even before that! It will be certified Gold by the RIAA by the end of September if not sooner. Def Jam will ship/sell 500,000 copies to retailers. You dont get certifications from Soundscan sales.

    Record companies don't make money on soundscan. Once it's shipped the money is made.
  • Garv*Garv* Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    Jay Z albums is going for 25 cents thats why.
    NothingButTheTruthrip.dilla
  • H-Rap 180H-Rap 180 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garv* wrote: »
    Jay Z albums is going for 25 cents thats why.

    Meh im good I can buy the 25 cent pack Now & Laters.....Ill wait till it hits 10 cents.

    GOOD MUSIC
    #iTunes ❚ <>09/12 <>❚ #iTunes
    goodmusic_lead-590x380.jpeg
    Follow @BruthaDee @BruthaDee @BruthaDee @BruthaDee Follow


    buttuh_brip.dillaDMTxTHC
  • King Lee King Lee The Danger ZonePosts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭
    Salute to Nas for a successful album, Life is Good

    We need Jay Elect to do numbers like that
    hqdefault.jpg
    nj2089
  • idoitforhiphop10idoitforhiphop10 Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    This thread went everywhere. Got niggas arguing about which rappers kids is superior, niggas arguing about the African diaspora, and dudes settin up when to meet on some homo shit.

    On that note, Nas will get another gold plaque 2 months tops due the publicity of how good the album is.
    Fav Rappers No order:

    Schoolboy Q
    Joey Bada$$
    J. Cole
    Ab-Soul
    Lupe Fiasco
    Kendrick Lamar
    Chance The Rapper
    Big K.R.I.T.
    illedoutSionrip.dilla
  • Wild SelfWild Self Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    It's difficult for me to place too much emphasis on record sales because I understand the demographics of who buys the records and I also understand the labels are the main ones getting rich off record sales not the artist.

    Nas just did 42K second week
    Self Made Vol2 14K fifth week

    Nick Minaj 9K
    Flo Rida 7K


    For some weird reason JayZs BP3 sold 10K...I guess maybe he did a concert of something but damn that's nice numbers for a back catalog album.


    That's about it for HipHop...

    Mainstream sales for Hip Hop is on its last legs.
  • GeE-757GeE-757 Posts: 6,441
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    It's difficult for me to place too much emphasis on record sales because I understand the demographics of who buys the records and I also understand the labels are the main ones getting rich off record sales not the artist.

    Nas just did 42K second week
    Self Made Vol2 14K fifth week

    Nick Minaj 9K
    Flo Rida 7K


    For some weird reason JayZs BP3 sold 10K...I guess maybe he did a concert of something but damn that's nice numbers for a back catalog album.


    That's about it for HipHop...

    YEP...& j white fanbase is way bigger then nas..
    Wild Self wrote: »
    Mainstream sales for Hip Hop is on its last legs.

    well that cracka feminem is still doin his numberz cuz like he said on WHITE EMERICA his white skin & blu eyez got him shittin on da brown eyed NIGGER rapperz n BLK MUSIK/HIPHOP like ELVIS & he aint have 2 graduate from LINCOLN HIGHSKOOL 2 know that that cracka feminem got sum ballz....NO MANN! lol
    HLF aka icesissy is a FAG pac was talkin 2 u MANN!


    i dont even like black chics like that

    ^ & this feminem cracka protectin clown aint a white boy?? PLZ!

    nER1F4GAVVE4T.jpg

    ^MANN ALERT!....that ugly azz cracka BostonHoe aka BostonDro is a male stalkin faggot u straight malez on herr betta beware...

    DA GGGGGGGGGGGGGAY-UNIT N DA 2K12 THEY WENT FROM DA BULLIEZ 2 DA BULLIED GETTIN THEY SHIT PUSH;D BACK GGGGGG-UFLOPPIN LOST N DA BUSHEZ LIKE HOMER
    homer_bushes.gif
    imager.php?id=3916502&t=o
  • b@squ1@t redux[email protected]@t redux i can tell by your mustache youve never been involved in street activities iguana blood poseidon DNA slangin zeus dickPosts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "It's difficult for me to place too much emphasis on record sales because I understand the demographics of who buys the records and I also understand the labels are the main ones getting rich off record sales not the artist."--aged rap


    remember these words kids

    sad shmurda

    Untitled.png
    Tommy bilfigerSion
  • texasdaking88texasdaking88 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not white and I bought Jay albums..*shrug*..never even met a white person who likes Jay z.. I've met plenty that like Ross tho.. I know like 1 person outside of me who listens to nas other than one mic.. just my 2 pennies
    buttuh_b
  • blackblocblackbloc Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    I'm not white and I bought Jay albums..*shrug*..never even met a white person who likes Jay z.. I've met plenty that like Ross tho.. I know like 1 person outside of me who listens to nas other than one mic.. just my 2 pennies
    you need to talk to more people if u dont know any white people that like jay z ad only know 1 person that like nas , i dont know how you can be a hiphop fan in a english speaking country and have that situation .
    Black Boy King50/50NothingButTheTruthbuttuh_b
  • texasdaking88texasdaking88 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aye, crackas here like Wayne Cuz they assume all blacks do.. got in the car wit a white bitch I was fucking and the first thing she do is skip over her tayler swift CDs and pop in Carter 4 and look over to see if I had an ear to ear smile or some shit..smh
  • Wild SelfWild Self Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GeE-757 wrote: »
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    It's difficult for me to place too much emphasis on record sales because I understand the demographics of who buys the records and I also understand the labels are the main ones getting rich off record sales not the artist.

    Nas just did 42K second week
    Self Made Vol2 14K fifth week

    Nick Minaj 9K
    Flo Rida 7K


    For some weird reason JayZs BP3 sold 10K...I guess maybe he did a concert of something but damn that's nice numbers for a back catalog album.


    That's about it for HipHop...

    YEP...& j white fanbase is way bigger then nas..
    Wild Self wrote: »
    Mainstream sales for Hip Hop is on its last legs.

    well that cracka feminem is still doin his numberz cuz like he said on WHITE EMERICA his white skin & blu eyez got him shittin on da brown eyed NIGGER rapperz n BLK MUSIK/HIPHOP like ELVIS & he aint have 2 graduate from LINCOLN HIGHSKOOL 2 know that that cracka feminem got sum ballz....NO MANN! lol

    I dont like Eminem, but blame White America for moving on from Hip Hop to the new age Euro Techno nonsense.
  • GeE-757GeE-757 Posts: 6,441
    edited August 2012
    Aye, crackas here like Wayne Cuz they assume all blacks do.. got in the car wit a white bitch I was fucking and the first thing she do is skip over her tayler swift CDs and pop in Carter 4 and look over to see if I had an ear to ear smile or some shit..smh

    LOL
    Wild Self wrote: »
    I dont like Eminem, but blame White America for moving on from Hip Hop to the new age Euro Techno nonsense.

    NAH WHITE EMERICA REALLY NEVA GAVE A FUK ABOUT HIPHOP ONCE THEY CRACKA GAAWD TOOK OVA THATZ Y FEMINEM IS STILL SELLIN & ALL DA BROWN;D EYED NIGGER RAPPERZ IS FLOPPIN COMPARED 2 FEMINEM 90% OF FEMINEM GROUPIEZ AINT EVEN HIPHOP THEY JUST LISTEN 2 DA CRACKA & MAYB A COUPLE OF DA HOUSENIGGAZ WHO PICKZ COTTON FA DA CRACKA ON DA SHADY PLANTATION IM JUST GLAD FEMINEM WASNT ON LIFE IS GOOD EVEN THO IF DA CRACKA WAS ON THERR LIFE IS GOOD WOULD PROBABLY B ATLEAST GOLD BY NOW..,LOL
    HLF aka icesissy is a FAG pac was talkin 2 u MANN!


    i dont even like black chics like that

    ^ & this feminem cracka protectin clown aint a white boy?? PLZ!

    nER1F4GAVVE4T.jpg

    ^MANN ALERT!....that ugly azz cracka BostonHoe aka BostonDro is a male stalkin faggot u straight malez on herr betta beware...

    DA GGGGGGGGGGGGGAY-UNIT N DA 2K12 THEY WENT FROM DA BULLIEZ 2 DA BULLIED GETTIN THEY SHIT PUSH;D BACK GGGGGG-UFLOPPIN LOST N DA BUSHEZ LIKE HOMER
    homer_bushes.gif
    imager.php?id=3916502&t=o
  • GeE-757GeE-757 Posts: 6,441
    [email protected] x....i got life is good, gfid & selfmade2 on heavy rotation fuk sellz....
    HLF aka icesissy is a FAG pac was talkin 2 u MANN!


    i dont even like black chics like that

    ^ & this feminem cracka protectin clown aint a white boy?? PLZ!

    nER1F4GAVVE4T.jpg

    ^MANN ALERT!....that ugly azz cracka BostonHoe aka BostonDro is a male stalkin faggot u straight malez on herr betta beware...

    DA GGGGGGGGGGGGGAY-UNIT N DA 2K12 THEY WENT FROM DA BULLIEZ 2 DA BULLIED GETTIN THEY SHIT PUSH;D BACK GGGGGG-UFLOPPIN LOST N DA BUSHEZ LIKE HOMER
    homer_bushes.gif
    imager.php?id=3916502&t=o
    rip.dilla
  • GeE-757GeE-757 Posts: 6,441
    @mumo yeah rozay went off he gave andre a run fa his money i really like that 16 trak mmg & nas has made it a great summer fa hiphop so far..
    HLF aka icesissy is a FAG pac was talkin 2 u MANN!


    i dont even like black chics like that

    ^ & this feminem cracka protectin clown aint a white boy?? PLZ!

    nER1F4GAVVE4T.jpg

    ^MANN ALERT!....that ugly azz cracka BostonHoe aka BostonDro is a male stalkin faggot u straight malez on herr betta beware...

    DA GGGGGGGGGGGGGAY-UNIT N DA 2K12 THEY WENT FROM DA BULLIEZ 2 DA BULLIED GETTIN THEY SHIT PUSH;D BACK GGGGGG-UFLOPPIN LOST N DA BUSHEZ LIKE HOMER
    homer_bushes.gif
    imager.php?id=3916502&t=o
  • H-Rap 180H-Rap 180 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GeE-757 wrote: »
    [email protected] x....i got life is good, gfid & selfmade2 on heavy rotation fuk sellz....

    I always look at sales like this:

    White people ate supposedly 85% of the buying consumers who purchase HipHop.
    White people are 73% of the population here on the U.S. Compared to our 13%.

    Whites have more disposable income to spend on albums.


    So based on this formula:

    The Beastie Boys "License to Ill" sold 9x Platinum

    Vanilla Ice "To the Extreme" went 10x platinum

    Emenims SSLP & Emenim-Show both went 10x Platinum



    If a Black rapper want to sell that many albums he gotta be dead, or buckdancing in his videos.



    But peep game, I was at the ski-lodge with Tanner & Channing & they reminded me of this:


    Rakim doesn't have a platinum album for his solo work but Paul Wall does

    The Roots don't have a platinum album for their work but Insane Clown Possee does.



    So it's cool when an artist music is supported and considered a sales success but what does it really mean when Chingy has multiple platinum plaques and Common has none? That's why I say just shoot for the Forbes list. 
    GOOD MUSIC
    #iTunes ❚ <>09/12 <>❚ #iTunes
    goodmusic_lead-590x380.jpeg
    Follow @BruthaDee @BruthaDee @BruthaDee @BruthaDee Follow


    Mumo_X
  • GeE-757GeE-757 Posts: 6,441
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »

    I always look at sales like this:

    White people ate supposedly 85% of the buying consumers who purchase HipHop.
    White people are 73% of the population here on the U.S. Compared to our 13%.

    Whites have more disposable income to spend on albums.


    So based on this formula:

    The Beastie Boys "License to Ill" sold 9x Platinum

    Vanilla Ice "To the Extreme" went 10x platinum

    Emenims SSLP & Emenim-Show both went 10x Platinum



    If a Black rapper want to sell that many albums he gotta be dead, or buckdancing in his videos.



    But peep game, I was at the ski-lodge with Tanner & Channing & they reminded me of this:


    Rakim doesn't have a platinum album for his solo work but Paul Wall does

    The Roots don't have a platinum album for their work but Insane Clown Possee does.



    So it's cool when an artist music is supported and considered a sales success but what does it really mean when Chingy has multiple platinum plaques and Common has none? That's why I say just shoot for the Forbes list. 

    [email protected] da bold TRU!....& [email protected] I was at the ski-lodge with Tanner & ChanninG....aint it [email protected] da underlined!
    HLF aka icesissy is a FAG pac was talkin 2 u MANN!


    i dont even like black chics like that

    ^ & this feminem cracka protectin clown aint a white boy?? PLZ!

    nER1F4GAVVE4T.jpg

    ^MANN ALERT!....that ugly azz cracka BostonHoe aka BostonDro is a male stalkin faggot u straight malez on herr betta beware...

    DA GGGGGGGGGGGGGAY-UNIT N DA 2K12 THEY WENT FROM DA BULLIEZ 2 DA BULLIED GETTIN THEY SHIT PUSH;D BACK GGGGGG-UFLOPPIN LOST N DA BUSHEZ LIKE HOMER
    homer_bushes.gif
    imager.php?id=3916502&t=o
  • _Menace__Menace_ 4 MOD West.Side.CaliforniaPosts: 26,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    GeE-757 wrote: »
    [email protected] x....i got life is good, gfid & selfmade2 on heavy rotation fuk sellz....

    I always look at sales like this:

    White people ate supposedly 85% of the buying consumers who purchase HipHop.
    White people are 73% of the population here on the U.S. Compared to our 13%.

    Whites have more disposable income to spend on albums.


    So based on this formula:

    The Beastie Boys "License to Ill" sold 9x Platinum

    Vanilla Ice "To the Extreme" went 10x platinum

    Emenims SSLP & Emenim-Show both went 10x Platinum



    If a Black rapper want to sell that many albums he gotta be dead, or buckdancing in his videos.



    But peep game, I was at the ski-lodge with Tanner & Channing & they reminded me of this:


    Rakim doesn't have a platinum album for his solo work but Paul Wall does

    The Roots don't have a platinum album for their work but Insane Clown Possee does.



    So it's cool when an artist music is supported and considered a sales success but what does it really mean when Chingy has multiple platinum plaques and Common has none? That's why I say just shoot for the Forbes list. 

    Good Post

    But Eric B and Rakim went Plat with Paid In Full
    A GODDESS/ICON & THE GREATEST FEMALE ARTIST EVER: MARIAH CAREY
    tumblr_mkz8t79VkZ1rmjy4go8_400.gif

    KOBE "BEAN" BRYANT
    tumblr_mohdwqEFUv1rz7szho1_500.gif

    AMARI COOPER
    coopered.0.gif

    Dress Like You Listen To Sinatra And Act Like You Listen To Pac
    rsz_12frank_zps16b2228d.jpg
    http://www.reverbnation.com/mcmenace
    Emcee Menace-The Stranger (Prod.By A.Joy) [Billy Joel Sample]
  • H-Rap 180H-Rap 180 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    GeE-757 wrote: »
    [email protected] x....i got life is good, gfid & selfmade2 on heavy rotation fuk sellz....

    I always look at sales like this:

    White people ate supposedly 85% of the buying consumers who purchase HipHop.
    White people are 73% of the population here on the U.S. Compared to our 13%.

    Whites have more disposable income to spend on albums.


    So based on this formula:

    The Beastie Boys "License to Ill" sold 9x Platinum

    Vanilla Ice "To the Extreme" went 10x platinum

    Emenims SSLP & Emenim-Show both went 10x Platinum



    If a Black rapper want to sell that many albums he gotta be dead, or buckdancing in his videos.



    But peep game, I was at the ski-lodge with Tanner & Channing & they reminded me of this:


    Rakim doesn't have a platinum album for his solo work but Paul Wall does

    The Roots don't have a platinum album for their work but Insane Clown Possee does.



    So it's cool when an artist music is supported and considered a sales success but what does it really mean when Chingy has multiple platinum plaques and Common has none? That's why I say just shoot for the Forbes list. 

    Good Post

    But Eric B and Rakim went Plat with Paid In Full

    That's why I said "For his Solo work".
    GOOD MUSIC
    #iTunes ❚ <>09/12 <>❚ #iTunes
    goodmusic_lead-590x380.jpeg
    Follow @BruthaDee @BruthaDee @BruthaDee @BruthaDee Follow


  • deathrowzorrowdeathrowzorrow Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nasir goat
Sign In or Register to comment.