What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Wu Tang Clan vs A Tribe Called Quest

Antwuan89Antwuan89 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭
Who Do You Think Was A Better Overall Hip-Hop Group?

Which Hip-Hop Group Do You Think Made A Bigger Impact?

Which Hip-Hop Group Has A Better Discography?

Replies

• dwade206dwade206 Posts: 11,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wu Tang
    Bustin a new nut on @R.D's moms collarbone everyday.
  • sullysully Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wu for all three. That doesn't take away from ATCQ. They're one of my favourite groups, but the Wu is just too powerful and too influential on the history of hip hop.
    SneakDZA
  • THIRDSUPREMETHIRDSUPREME TargSettotheDeathLarkKillaNigga Home of the SlavesPosts: 7,518 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People dont understand the early wu solo albums were damn near group projects anyway. Look at the features on liquid swordz.
    onetoughmiraclenillerthekidJabu_Rule
  • young_reezyyoung_reezy Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's always hard to compare two different era's but with the wu and tribe you got better overall emcee's in the wu, they was like the justice league or x-men or some shit. tribe had better overall material when you judging from a classical perspective. plus it's almost like the wu is diminishing their legacy and after the death of odb they never could be the same.
  • a_lista_list Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tip and Phife is good, but Wu Tang is the best......Cant take shit away from Tribe, their first three albums are on par with anything that the Wu released, group or solo
    I can recall the days, juvenile crime pays
    14 years old, shorty from round way
    brick ass cold, still pump from night to day
    but why did my life have to be this way
    I rock Velour suits, flavors like mixed fruits
    my loot get recouped razors in my suit
    incase they try to troop me to the island
    I known to start whylin back in New York, my soldiers got the cash pilin
    peep this on some nose and teef shit
    so much drama, who the fuck knows who we got beef wit
  • goldenjagoldenja Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Antwuan89 wrote: »
    Who Do You Think Was A Better Overall Hip-Hop Group?

Which Hip-Hop Group Do You Think Made A Bigger Impact?

Which Hip-Hop Group Has A Better Discography?

Better overall hip hop group: A Tribe Called Quest; fusing jazz & hip hop & with radio play

Bigger impact: Wu Tang Clan; You know damn well you see more of the Wu-Tang symbol in one day

t88zl2.gif more than you'll ever see the A Tribe Called Quests symbol

d5wg2.jpg
    Look familiar? Didnt think so.

Better Discography: A Tribe Called Quest- Hands Down
    1. Nas
    2. Common
    3. Scarface
    4. Q-Tip
    5. 2Pac

goldentouchphotography.com
    TB.Boy
  • onetoughmiracleonetoughmiracle NY Giants Fan...Always Keep the Strap On You! Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Wu-Tang Clan
    A0erZ.gif [img][/img]9lVQhz.gif

tumblr_mr93dlX9Ud1rqh2k2o1_250.gif [img][/img]FWadAu.gif

tumblr_lxw7usrzQl1rns9m8o1_500.gif

giants-helmet.jpg

"I was told a long time ago, ghosts and spirits don't like the fumes from ether, and I just wanted to affect him with my weapon and get to his soul."

I feel it's the only way. I don't feel a need to play the whole part in the entire movement. But, yo, if you just raise your family right, if I just live righteously, I be all right. Yo, my whole life is dedicated to change.
  • MECCA1000MECCA1000 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

WU

Is Tribe considered a group because of in house production?
    Q-Tip carried that group on the mic .... Phife was the weakest link who would have a hard time on the mic trying to handle Spliff Star.
    Putting them up against Wu ...... T/S don't have the answers ......
    onetoughmiraclenillerthekid
  • BarryHallsBarryHalls Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wu-Tang holds it down.

Plus, Wu-Tang is for the children. Too bad these crack babies ain't listening. I blame Soulja Boy.
    03-029-A-Pulled-Pork-Sandwich-Homemade-Coleslaw_xl.jpg

o.jpg

bbq_chicken1.jpg

giphy.gif
    nillerthekid
  • Built 4 cuban linxBuilt 4 cuban linx Only Christopher I acknowledge is Wallace At the 36th chamberPosts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall already know who I got but tribe is the second GOAT group
    onetoughmiracleTHIRDSUPREMEnillerthekid
  • THIRDSUPREMETHIRDSUPREME TargSettotheDeathLarkKillaNigga Home of the SlavesPosts: 7,518 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wu is the G.O.A.T Group ... Solo... whatever. Protect ya neck!
  • 5 Grand5 Grand Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to love A Tribe Called Quest when they were out. Midnight Marauders and Enter the Wu:36 Chambers came out on the same day in Nov 1993. Both classics.

I'd say A Tribe called Quest has better beats but Wu Tang are better MCs.
    l3q2V2OBfjNAWtrUc.gif

• Kwan DaiKwan Dai Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't say Wu is better then Tribe as a group. However, I prefer Wu and I think they are better MC's. I do think that Musically Q-Tip and Tribe's sound has been just as influential in Hip Hop Music as RZA and the Wu's sound.
  • scrapper1scrapper1 ChicagoPosts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent question. I can respect either decision you decide on this one.. i love and appreciate both..but,the Wu gets my vote. C.R.E.A.M video changed my life..gritty New York in its glory.. Ghostface All That I Got Is You is a masterpiece to me.. ODB You Don't Wanna Fuck Wit Me is off key, aggresive outburst goodness.. and Verbal Intercourse is one of the greatest songs ever made..but the same can be argued about ATCQ and their catalog..but Wu had a greater impact on me..so..The Wu is my choice. Salute both legendary groups
    keri_hilson_interscope001a.jpg