What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Who brought Evil in the world?

2

Replies

  • beenwizebeenwize Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    Oceanic wrote: »
    God did, according to Christianity.

    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
    —Isaiah 45:7

    Funny Christians get silent on this verse.
    zombie wrote: »
    a universe without evil would be evil. Because evil is the choice to do what you know is wrong

    Does not logically follow. The universe is not a choice, as there is no alternative.

    If god created the universe without there being a choice to disobey him then that would be also evil


    Oh really? The christian have says there will be NO DEATH in heaven. That means you dont have a choice to die. You are calling your christian heaven evil. You running out of lies. im poking holes throughout your bs.
  • zombiezombie Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @beenwize I hope you are not still trying to talk to me. You will never get a response you are far to emotional and un focused to talk to.
  • zombiezombie Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    Oceanic wrote: »
    God did, according to Christianity.

    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
    —Isaiah 45:7

    Funny Christians get silent on this verse.
    zombie wrote: »
    a universe without evil would be evil. Because evil is the choice to do what you know is wrong

    Does not logically follow. The universe is not a choice, as there is no alternative.

    If god created the universe without there being a choice to disobey him then that would be also evil

    Evil is a choice that we make. There is no evil that simply exists in the universe it's not like we are talking about gravity do you understand????
  • BodhiBodhi Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    Oceanic wrote: »
    God did, according to Christianity.

    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
    —Isaiah 45:7

    Funny Christians get silent on this verse.
    zombie wrote: »
    a universe without evil would be evil. Because evil is the choice to do what you know is wrong

    Does not logically follow. The universe is not a choice, as there is no alternative.

    christians are not silent on this verse. That verse is just translated too strongly and the word for evil used here is "rah" it does not mean evil it's meaning is closer to woe or calamity THAT SAME word is used elsewhere in the scriptures and it's not translated into the word evil.

    Anyone who willingly causes calamity and woe to another is evil.

    So the translation is correct to some degree.
    “Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
    -- Bruce Lee
    soul rattler
  • BodhiBodhi Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    @beenwize... ... will never get a response you are far to emotional and un focused to talk to.

    say this ^^^ and then proceeds to respond
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Oceanic wrote: »
    God did, according to Christianity.

    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
    —Isaiah 45:7

    Funny Christians get silent on this verse.
    zombie wrote: »
    a universe without evil would be evil. Because evil is the choice to do what you know is wrong

    Does not logically follow. The universe is not a choice, as there is no alternative.

    If god created the universe without there being a choice to disobey him then that would be also evil

    Evil is a choice that we make. There is no evil that simply exists in the universe it's not like we are talking about gravity do you understand????

    “Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
    -- Bruce Lee
  • beenwizebeenwize Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    edited March 2014
    zombie wrote: »
    Oceanic wrote: »
    God did, according to Christianity.

    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
    —Isaiah 45:7

    Funny Christians get silent on this verse.
    zombie wrote: »
    a universe without evil would be evil. Because evil is the choice to do what you know is wrong

    Does not logically follow. The universe is not a choice, as there is no alternative.

    christians are not silent on this verse. That verse is just translated too strongly and the word for evil used here is "rah" it does not mean evil it's meaning is closer to woe or calamity THAT SAME word is used elsewhere in the scriptures and it's not translated into the word evil.

    So if rah does not mean evil then why do you also not teach that the word "evil" in the tree of knowledge of good and evil is mistranslated as well since it also uses the word "rah"??? you should now call it the tree of knowledge of good and woe or calamity in that case you liar.

    http://biblehub.com/text/genesis/2-17.htm
    soul rattler
  • alissowackalissowack Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    beenwize wrote: »
    Not according to the facts, but according to traditional christian belief it was Adam & Eve that brought evil in the world, but when you look at the facts that's not quite so. You see before they ate from the tree Satan was already said to be at work inside the serpent.. So therefore, they were not created in a perfect world free from evil if evil was already at work. This story shows that Adam & Ecve did not bring evil in the world, but rather ir was already present by another entity that the bible god created.

    Also if the serpent lied to Adam & Eve then that also means sin and evil were present before eating from the tree. Ijs

    There is good...there is evil...and then there is sin. It seems like when people are using the word sin, it has more to do with the moral integrity of somebody; that if someone steals something or kill someone, they are sinning. However, I believe it is so much more than that. Sin is a condition that mankind has where we are God's Enemy...meaning no matter what our understanding of good or evil is, we fall short of it in respect to God. So, the proper question to ask is...who brought sin into the world?
    al-is-so-wack: Deplorable for hire.
    zombie
  • jetlifebihjetlifebih Sion Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is god since according to the bible he is the creator of all and knows all
  • jetlifebihjetlifebih Sion Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess creating evil would not be the issue ,but the reasoning behind it???

    I'm having a hard time grasping my own thoughts lol its 550 am...I can't think past the reasoning behind it
  • jetlifebihjetlifebih Sion Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beenwize wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    a universe without evil would be evil. Because evil is the choice to do what you know is wrong

    But a universe without evil would still be a better one. Because there is evil in the world, it makes many doubt god's existence, and it's hard to argue with an atheist when there's so much wrong with the world, so much that it even makes believers unbelievers some days. As Jay-Z once said, niggas pray to god so long that they're atheist. My dad was born a Christian but became atheist and though I don't speak to him anymore, I remember the powerful conversations we had about god and the problem with evil.

    There's also a lot of natural evils in the world, completely unrelated to human choices. There's no moral, logical reason, for example, for a child to be born with flesh eating diseases, which happens. It makes one wonder where god or the gods are, or what the fuck they were thinking when they made the world. Evil is the single biggest reason most people don't care much for religion anymore.

    A universe without evil is a universe without free will and that itself is evil, unless what you are saying is that you would rather live as an animal trapped by instinct. Children dying from natural causes is not evil death is not evil.

    Death is simply a law of our current universe and it's a good one without death we would be stuck in our CURRENT state FOREVER. People die and new people are born.

    Your lies contradict each other you say a universe without evil is evil while the christian concept of heaven is a place WITHOUT evil.

    You also say a universe without evil is evil, but when Adam & Eve gain knowledge of good AND evil you call it the fall of man.

    Being in a place where you didn't have free will to do what you please = slavery =evil

    Adam and eve knowing what they weren't supposed is the reason we see our nakedness as being embarrassing and feel pain...so yeah them gaining that "knowledge" is bad or evil
  • Black Boy KingBlack Boy King Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to thr Book of Enoch, Azazeal and the fallen angels that rebelled against God brought the knowledge of evil..........

    Azazel is represented in the Book of Enoch as one of the leaders of the rebellious Watchers in the time preceding the flood; he taught men the art of warfare, of making swords, knives, shields, and coats of mail, and women the art of deception by ornamenting the body, dying the hair, and painting the face and the eyebrows, and also revealed to the people the secrets of witchcraft and corrupted their manners, leading them into wickedness and impurity; until at last he was, at the Lord's command, bound hand and foot by the archangel Raphael and chained to the rough and jagged rocks of [Ha] Duduael (= Beth Ḥadudo), where he is to abide in utter darkness until the great Day of Judgment, when he will be cast into the fire to be consumed forever (Enoch viii. 1, ix. 6, x. 4–6, liv. 5, lxxxviii. 1; see Geiger, "Jüd. Zeit." 1864, pp. 196–204).
  • Black Boy KingBlack Boy King Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oceanic wrote: »
    God did, according to Christianity.

    I say evil is natural.
    Proof that you and your cosigner are ignorant.


    The Book of Enoch clearly states that angels rebelled against God and taught man evil.



    It's silly how some on here still refer to you as an intellectual with your use of conjecture.
  • zombiezombie Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Oceanic wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    @beenwize... ... will never get a response you are far to emotional and un focused to talk to.

    say this ^^^ and then proceeds to respond
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Oceanic wrote: »
    God did, according to Christianity.

    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
    —Isaiah 45:7

    Funny Christians get silent on this verse.
    zombie wrote: »
    a universe without evil would be evil. Because evil is the choice to do what you know is wrong

    Does not logically follow. The universe is not a choice, as there is no alternative.

    If god created the universe without there being a choice to disobey him then that would be also evil

    Evil is a choice that we make. There is no evil that simply exists in the universe it's not like we are talking about gravity do you understand????

    Those two quotes don't conflict with each other so what is your point? I have had long talks with that guy and he never stays on point and strays all over the place when backed into a corner and clearly shown he is in the wrong he just brings something else up that is un related to what we're were talking about and refuses to discuss my rebuttal to his previous faulty ideas/ belief. Thus talking to him is a waste of time
  • zombiezombie Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Delete
  • VIBEVIBE Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the bible, God created everything. So, therefore, he created evil. But supposedly, the first to ever sin would've been Lucifer, so he is blamed for "sin". Then, of course, Adam and Eve were the first humans to sin.

    But sin is simply a religious persons guilt; an insecurity.

    In reality, the bad/evil/sin are subjective and only exist because we created a civilized world where these apply.

    These don't apply to other animals, because they lack the brain that we have, the one w the ability to come up w such ideas and laws.

    It isn't intertwined into our universe because it's a man made concept.

    If there is other intelligent life, what we might consider 'bad' is 'good' in their world.
  • alissowackalissowack Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    @vibe According to the Bible, sin is much more than some feeling. Because of sin, not only are we God's Enemy...our hearts are in rebellion towards God. We don't want to have anything to do with God in our lives as much as we may say we do. One thing I don't want to do is make it seem as if there isn't any sincerity in the idea of a supreme being. However, all of mankind is against the idea of one dictating our lives. We would rather have a say on what we think good and evil is than to have God to say what is.
    al-is-so-wack: Deplorable for hire.
  • KLICHEKLICHE Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "We probably in hell already, our dumbasses not knowin', everybody kissin' ass to go to heaven ain't goin'"
    formerly known as J.K.SHAKUR before 2010 on AHH

    tumblr_n06dt22t491rqd0kpo1_r1_400.gif
    beenwize
  • BodhiBodhi Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Judah Back wrote: »
    It's silly how some on here still refer to you as an intellectual with your use of conjecture.

    you mad??
    Judah Back wrote: »
    The Book of Enoch clearly states that angels rebelled against God and taught man evil.

    Yeah, they may have taught man evil but that doesn't mean they created it. The Bible says God created evil. Maybe you haven't read that far yet.
    “Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
    -- Bruce Lee
    DMTxTHC
  • BodhiBodhi Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    Oceanic wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    @beenwize... ... will never get a response you are far to emotional and un focused to talk to.

    say this ^^^ and then proceeds to respond
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Oceanic wrote: »
    God did, according to Christianity.

    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
    —Isaiah 45:7

    Funny Christians get silent on this verse.
    zombie wrote: »
    a universe without evil would be evil. Because evil is the choice to do what you know is wrong

    Does not logically follow. The universe is not a choice, as there is no alternative.

    If god created the universe without there being a choice to disobey him then that would be also evil

    Evil is a choice that we make. There is no evil that simply exists in the universe it's not like we are talking about gravity do you understand????

    Those two quotes don't conflict with each other so what is your point? I have had long talks with that guy and he never stays on point and strays all over the place when backed into a corner and clearly shown he is in the wrong he just brings something else up that is un related to what we're were talking about and refuses to discuss my rebuttal to his previous faulty ideas/ belief. Thus talking to him is a waste of time

    I'm pointing out that you said you weren't going to respond to him.. And then responded to him, although quoting yourself.. But responding to him nonetheless.
    “Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
    -- Bruce Lee
  • BodhiBodhi Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    Oceanic wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    @beenwize... ... will never get a response you are far to emotional and un focused to talk to.

    say this ^^^ and then proceeds to respond
    zombie wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Oceanic wrote: »
    God did, according to Christianity.

    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
    —Isaiah 45:7

    Funny Christians get silent on this verse.
    zombie wrote: »
    a universe without evil would be evil. Because evil is the choice to do what you know is wrong

    Does not logically follow. The universe is not a choice, as there is no alternative.

    If god created the universe without there being a choice to disobey him then that would be also evil

    Evil is a choice that we make. There is no evil that simply exists in the universe it's not like we are talking about gravity do you understand????

    Those two quotes don't conflict with each other so what is your point? I have had long talks with that guy and he never stays on point and strays all over the place when backed into a corner and clearly shown he is in the wrong he just brings something else up that is un related to what we're were talking about and refuses to discuss my rebuttal to his previous faulty ideas/ belief. Thus talking to him is a waste of time

    I'm pointing out that you said you weren't going to respond to him.. And then responded to him, although quoting yourself.. But responding to him nonetheless.
    “Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
    -- Bruce Lee
  • Black Boy KingBlack Boy King Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oceanic wrote: »
    Judah Back wrote: »
    It's silly how some on here still refer to you as an intellectual with your use of conjecture.

    you mad??
    Judah Back wrote: »
    The Book of Enoch clearly states that angels rebelled against God and taught man evil.

    Yeah, they may have taught man evil but that doesn't mean they created it. The Bible says God created evil. Maybe you haven't read that far yet.

    The thread is called "who brought evil in the world". C'mon son. ..
  • BodhiBodhi Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Judah Back wrote: »
    Oceanic wrote: »
    Judah Back wrote: »
    It's silly how some on here still refer to you as an intellectual with your use of conjecture.

    you mad??
    Judah Back wrote: »
    The Book of Enoch clearly states that angels rebelled against God and taught man evil.

    Yeah, they may have taught man evil but that doesn't mean they created it. The Bible says God created evil. Maybe you haven't read that far yet.

    The thread is called "who brought evil in the world". C'mon son. ..

    ..and I said, "god did". Do you have a problem?
    “Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
    -- Bruce Lee
  • Black Boy KingBlack Boy King Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oceanic wrote: »
    Yeah, they may have taught man evil but that doesn't mean they created it. The Bible says God created evil. Maybe you haven't read that far yet.

    The thread is about who brought evil into the world, not who created it.
  • BodhiBodhi Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Judah Back wrote: »
    Oceanic wrote: »
    Yeah, they may have taught man evil but that doesn't mean they created it. The Bible says God created evil. Maybe you haven't read that far yet.

    The thread is about who brought evil into the world, not who created it.

    In theory, God controls everything. Thus, everything that happens is part of what he does.

    God is omniscient, therefore he knows all. God is omnipotent, therefore he can do anything imaginable. God created the universe knowing every detail and fact contained within it but chose not to change it but leave it the way we experience it today. That means everything in history is gods will. He created evil; he brought it into the world.
    “Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
    -- Bruce Lee
  • beenwizebeenwize Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    Proverbs 16:4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.
    Bodhi
Sign In or Register to comment.