The Game f. Rick Ross, 2 Chainz, Diddy, Fabolous, Wale, DJ Khaled, Swizz Beatz, Yo Gotti, Curren$y,

Options

Comments

• _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    holy ? I cant stand DJ Khaled dude forces ? so much.

Bruh go take a seat somewhere you ?
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    short ass verses but 2chainz probably spit the best verse of his career...no lie
  • Straight Outta Jerz
    Straight Outta Jerz Members Posts: 80 ✭✭
    Options
    Cool song Game or Ross probably wrote Diddys verse
  • King_Me
    King_Me Members Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    MENACE... wrote: »
    short ass verses but 2chainz probably spit the best verse of his career...no lie

Pun?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wish ye or nas would have been on here
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Song was dope..hope they make a video..but it would b hard to get everyone in the same place..imagine if they shot it in ferguson..while the police there
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never heard Spitta rap about anything else other than lifestyle raps. He did his thing on here got damn JETS!

Its that jet life

Belee dat
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    They need to do a video
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    "The issues in Ferguson really hit home for me and I feel compelled to use my musical platform to address this,” The Game says in a statement. "I am a Black man with kids of my own that I love more than anything and I cannot fathom a horrific tragedy like Michael Brown's happening to them. This possibility has shaken me to my core. That is why this song must be made and why it was so easy for so many of my friends to come together and unite against the injustice. I managed to get everyone on board fairly easy, simply because we have the hearts. We care and are inclined to take a positive approach to resolving an issue that has existed since the beginning of mankind and that is RACISM and hatred towards one another as human beings.”

Why Game made this song

Not even readin that. His name is linked to nothing but negativity every turn. ? his opinion. You either part of the solution or part of the problem.

'But, but, but he made the song'

I dnt give him credit for 'making' the song bc u know somebody was gon do it. This aint really 'his' song. Thats a lil self-serving. For reference, 'We are the World' is under a group name, not as not 'Michael Jackson featuring' (even tho he actually wrote it), Self Destruction is identified by a group name, not xyz feat...

One minute yall want black celebs to say something and then the next minute yall want black celebs to be quiet
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    "The issues in Ferguson really hit home for me and I feel compelled to use my musical platform to address this,” The Game says in a statement. "I am a Black man with kids of my own that I love more than anything and I cannot fathom a horrific tragedy like Michael Brown's happening to them. This possibility has shaken me to my core. That is why this song must be made and why it was so easy for so many of my friends to come together and unite against the injustice. I managed to get everyone on board fairly easy, simply because we have the hearts. We care and are inclined to take a positive approach to resolving an issue that has existed since the beginning of mankind and that is RACISM and hatred towards one another as human beings.”

Why Game made this song

Not even readin that. His name is linked to nothing but negativity every turn. ? his opinion. You either part of the solution or part of the problem.

I dnt give him credit for 'making' the song bc u know somebody was gon do it. This aint really 'his' song. Thats a lil self-serving. For reference, 'We are the World' is under a group name, not as not 'Michael Jackson featuring' (even tho he actually wrote it), Self Destruction is identified by a group name, not xyz feat...

Some of ya'll have spent the past 2 weeks in that G&S thread complaining about the lack of response from black celebs, yet have ? on nearly every black celeb response that's been out there. Some of ya'll don't even know what the ? you want to hear/see anymore. Just want some ? to complain about

@blackrain Well when you find those "yall" you refering to let me know. B/c this is what i said a week ago:
    Im just tickled nh to see how much black culture revolves around hip hop to some of you.

Meanwhile ? Al, ? Jesse, ? Spike (up until this week), etc.

Man ? rap and rappers. Okay? That is not the pinnacle of black culture. Get out the fukin house.

If its a Killer Mike, cool, he can speak on it b/c he's an articulate dude into politics, not b/c he's an articulate rapper.

And even with him, Sooooo am i the only one that cringes seeing 'KILLER' Mike speaking on the killing of a 64'4 300lb black man, Mike, that white america is trying to paint as a thug?

I get tired of havin to explain away names, have caveats of 'oh yes im a positive brother but this is why i rap about killing'. I get tired of watching Politically Correct and all the panelists have their regular, full name, then 'and here's rapper ____.' Im tired of seeing the most serious of conversations on huge stages and we bein introduced by nicknames. Like we're fukin caricatures. ? rappers. We bigger than just that

To reiterate, i dont give a flying ? what a rapper feels about this situation. I do care what articluate and educated black folk say (not rap) if they're gonna speak publicly. If you're that and just so happen to also be a rapper/celeb, cool. But black culture is not synonymous with hip hop.
  • ds.williams
    ds.williams Members Posts: 60 ✭✭
    Options
    Not knocking the efforts of these artist who are attempting be socially aware (we need more of this) but how effective are their efforts if 98% of their other songs glorify and encourage killing each other??? (Kanye Shrug)
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bout time these wack as rappers y'all praise so much speak on something real.Only heard the end on the radio,but rappers don't stand for nothing these days and y'all blindly follow them.Ite probably just a few lines anyway.Garbage line up BTW.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    salute to Game for this... his posse joints are always nice..

they all bodied this... every verse was thoughtful

#ripmikebrown

It's bigger than Mike Brown though.This ? has been happening since post slavery and these new age corny rappers just now saying something.Mike is just the latest victim so Game gets no props.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options

Why Game made this song

Some of ya'll have spent the past 2 weeks in that G&S thread complaining about the lack of response from black celebs, yet have ? on nearly every black celeb response that's been out there. Some of ya'll don't even know what the ? you want to hear/see anymore. Just want some ? to complain about

Thee should have been speaking on it.Not when it's popular to do so.There are just going with the hot topic as usual and following fads.Money, hoes,hustling,mollies,... Mike Brown.
  • dj pre-k
    dj pre-k Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    purchased it on itunes

#Justice4MikeBrown
  • dj pre-k
    Options
    gotti touched light on this junt
  • dj pre-k
    Options
    &TGT part was tight
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good ? .

Ideally we could lose half of these dudes and replace them with rappers who would really ? it, Lupe, Jay electronica, Nas, Talib etc

I'm not complaining though.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Khaleds fuckery not needed of course. shouldn't he be somewhere writing a Palestine protest song instead
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why Game made this song

@blackrain Well when you find those "yall" you refering to let me know. B/c this is what i said a week ago:
    Im just tickled nh to see how much black culture revolves around hip hop to some of you.

Meanwhile ? Al, ? Jesse, ? Spike (up until this week), etc.

Man ? rap and rappers. Okay? That is not the pinnacle of black culture. Get out the fukin house.

If its a Killer Mike, cool, he can speak on it b/c he's an articulate dude into politics, not b/c he's an articulate rapper.

And even with him, Sooooo am i the only one that cringes seeing 'KILLER' Mike speaking on the killing of a 64'4 300lb black man, Mike, that white america is trying to paint as a thug?

I get tired of havin to explain away names, have caveats of 'oh yes im a positive brother but this is why i rap about killing'. I get tired of watching Politically Correct and all the panelists have their regular, full name, then 'and here's rapper ____.' Im tired of seeing the most serious of conversations on huge stages and we bein introduced by nicknames. Like we're fukin caricatures. ? rappers. We bigger than just that

To reiterate, i dont give a flying ? what a rapper feels about this situation. I do care what articluate and educated black folk say (not rap) if they're gonna speak publicly. If you're that and just so happen to also be a rapper/celeb, cool. But black culture is not synonymous with hip hop.

So you wouldnt have nothing to complain about ,as long as this song was done by somebody YOU deem smart enough or conscious enough to do it but since it s Game putting it together instead of dead prez or killer mike then its completely different? Oh I guess there is only a few ? that issues in the news are allowed to affect huh? So rapper are not regular people outside the studio with regular brains....well damn ok bruh....you allowed and opinion but they cant express theirs without hate from elitist like you

Smh @ being that bias
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options